Sign in to follow this  

3rd party sites stealing ads

Every once in a while (especially if I am getting alot of sleazy calls or callers who seem to have no clue about the info on my website) I will google my number and see what sites have trolled and posted my info without my permission. Came across a new one today ( called "mybad" ) that took info and pics directly from my copyrighted website and posted an ad on their site without my permission. I hate it when these  sites do that since I do not post my phone number in my ads. I prefer clients read my website first. But these third party adult sites post your info , phone number and often fake info without your permission. The one I came across today posted a fake age for me too !!  It would be great to have another Canadian site but be aware that "mybad" has no problem stealing info from your website and posting it without your permission. As do many other sites.

There seems to be no way around  advertising sites stealing your ads from the sites you do choose to advertise with or directly from your website. I do prefer to book by text but I like my potential clients to have to go to my website to get my contact info .. that way hopefully they will read the rest of my info first rather than cold call.

So folks if you see an ad that lists my phone number directly in the ad rather than just my website... I didn't post that ad and the info in it may or may not be true.

Edited by Guest