I have one to add. Please don't message a lady for the first time and ask what the price of a session is if you bring wine. This offer does not entitle you to a discount. I have been known to have wine with clients I know, that book me for more than an hour. Second, if you do not know the lady yet, she will look at this as a red flag. Third, if you have experienced this with another lady, do not assume the next one will accept the same. Not all providers are drinkers and it sends out a feeling that you may be a dangerous encounter. Please use safety and discretion. There's too many people out there that assume having a few glasses of wine in under an hour and then hopping in their car is ok. In my books it is not and I do not send tipsy people on their way.

• Like 3

FYI: I will be replying to thoughtless and poorly worded or ridiculous PMs like the canned reply below from nowon. Providers- now might be time to add a similar "canned reply" to your list, here is my latest one inspired today by a less than intriguing PM I received that simply said:

"Daimmmm, you look delicious; do you offer anything extra beside massage?

Thnx

Namexxxx"

Canned Reply Title: Ummmm, hi.

Ummm, hi. You may want to reconsider your approach to the ladies on this board... Perhaps consider doing a little research before sending your next message to a lady, your PM was not very respectful--remember, as in most facets of life, a little class is important! Please don't take this the wrong way, just trying to save you some trouble...

Read the "New to this?" posts, you can learn proper nettiquette and the more gentlemanly approach to introducing yourself to a lady, especially read this one: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49600

Good luck!

Bethany

Xoxox

I sincerely hope together we can educate the newbies toward more respectful and appealing approaches to us, ignoring them is so much easier, but everyone has to learn sometime! Thoughts?

Bethany

Xoxox

• Like 3

You do look delicious Bethany.. lol...and very nice and political correct of you of sending such a tasteful reply back to him. Daimmmmm! :)

FYI: I will be replying to thoughtless and poorly worded or ridiculous PMs like the canned reply below from nowon. Providers- now might be time to add a similar "canned reply" to your list, here is my latest one inspired today by a less than intriguing PM I received that simply said:

"Daimmmm, you look delicious; do you offer anything extra beside massage?

Thnx

Namexxxx"

Canned Reply Title: Ummmm, hi.

Ummm, hi. You may want to reconsider your approach to the ladies on this board... Perhaps consider doing a little research before sending your next message to a lady, your PM was not very respectful--remember, as in most facets of life, a little class is important! Please don't take this the wrong way, just trying to save you some trouble...

Read the "New to this?" posts, you can learn proper nettiquette and the more gentlemanly approach to introducing yourself to a lady, especially read this one: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49600

Good luck!

Bethany

Xoxox

I sincerely hope together we can educate the newbies toward more respectful and appealing approaches to us, ignoring them is so much easier, but everyone has to learn sometime! Thoughts?

Bethany

Xoxox

The habit I've developed in contacting a lady any more is to contact her through her email. But what I also do is send a pm, which is more a way to verify name and board handle.

But whether email or pm or text (I'm a terrible texter btw, mine are always too long) I'm always polite and respectful

A rambling for whatever its worth

RG

I haven't contacted any of the ladies yet.

I work in an office environment, so I'm well aware of email etiquette. Thanks for posting this, good guidelines.

There was a query here some time ago which I don't see answered in this thread. It is a bit late (sorry, Gabriella), but better late than never. :) [original post here]

From the Rules and FAQ forum, here's how to do it:

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

That is one way of dealing with it. Alternatively, if you see an offensive or illegal post, you can make use of the red Report "button" at the top right of a post to alert staff of any abuse of the system.

I hope that helps someone, either now, or in the future.

FR

Edited by futileresistenz
added text on report button
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the tips ladies -- when I finally decide to contact one/more of you, I'll remember the advice/etiquette.

Cheers!

This is great advice! I am probably guilty of this on occasion and I think it is because of the little head! Some times I feel if I don't hurry that the ladies will get booked ... but take the extra few minutes and make everyone comfortable will add to the fun times ahead! Like I said, great advice!

To all the ladies that have received the one liners, as a newbie I have sent a few as I had no idea what to say, I won't anymore. This post has some very informative comments.

I do respect each and everyone of you as I consider myself and I'm considered a true gentleman, by many.

Thank you

I completely agree with this.

There is some info also available on this thread:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48721

As I put in the other thread, I understand not everyone is good with writing.

And I do not expect to know everything about someone, but we all need to screen potential clients, so therefore we need to know certain information.

This is why I swear by the contact form, this allows people who are not good with writing emails, or PM's still make contact with me. But at the same time I will also collect the information I need to continue to the next step of screening.

Just my 2 cents!

As. Hobbyist, I like the contact forms. Allows me to give the information you need without babbling too much.

I was going to say what I do, but Sweetest Massage covered it. When I get online inquiries I have a standard copy/paste I send them if their msg is not one that is worth my time.

This way if it is an honest mistake, they can read the info I sent them and try again.

Guest *SS F***y

Whenever I get the one liners, I return with, 'hello there, what is it, exactly, you're asking for, how can I be of service to you?' Get back to me and we'll take it from there. Thanks. Then, I wait for them to reply, in answer to me.

Great info for sure and as I posted in a different thread, being knew I'm loving how empowering this can be for you guys. I'm sure you get the regular douchebaggery comments from men....unfortunately having done the online dating thing for a while respect seems to be a lost quality on most men. Being a dude I'm shocked at how women are treated. Naive for sure on my part just find it appalling.

Show some class and kindness and women....not girls....will treat you in kind.

I agree with what all of you lovely ladies have posted, but being a man and as previously stated a man of very few words and on the receiving end myself, I do my very best not to post one liners. But it is very difficult when the usual reply I've been getting back lately is "150hh 200h babe".

I have started again with the one liners but politely. I usually say Hello name, Im Rob, "How are you this evening?:)", nothing rude. Sometimes it starts a little ice breaking and sometimes not. If it does that's when I will give a little more details and what attracted me to text, email or phone you, nothing about your body but rather your eyes, smile and hair. You see I'm a sucker for that. If you are wearing something nice I do mention that as well, as I'm not a frilly lingery type. I'm more natural and what's more comfortable for you. I do read your post, sometimes twice but you must agree that some ladies don't have much at all.

Additional Comments:

Sorry, and to all the guys who think the same way. True gentlemen are getting fewer and fewer apart.

Let's keep it up and defend these lovely ladies when we see a rude post or whenever we can.

full agreement on this!

Etiquette should be adhered to when responding by email also.

One liners just lead to email tag which is a complete waste of time :-(

Introduce yourself, what are you looking for, when are you looking for, how long would you like to spend with me.

I just got an email today with a name, no location, no dates in mind, no length of time, so I have no idea where in the 'world' (literally) I will be at the time this person is looking for. :)

It just makes common sense to tell us those 4 little details, whether it be by phone, email, text or pm.

• Like 1

I know I'm commenting on an old thread, but I just had to say thank you for this. All of my txting to SP's has been short and fairly to the point, so I was only getting about a 15% responses from them. So basically I didn't hear back from the ones I really wanted to hear from. After reading this thread, I can understand why I didn't, so thank you for the education.

• Like 1

Just sent my first message/inquiry. I hope I followed the proper protocol and I get a positive response.

Genuine question, but where is the line between being explicit and providing too little of an introduction? Like, I would like to be with someone I vibe with, but I don't want to provide an overwhelming amount of information yeah?