What Blender To Buy

Wasn't sure to post here or in the Health and Wellness Forum because for me this will be a health related purchase.  Anyhow for Christmas this year I'm going to buy myself for a Christmas present a quality blender.  Since I had my Stroke a little over a year ago it was my wake up call to change amongst other things my eating habits.  And in the morning usually my breakfast is a smoothie. Fresh fruit (frozen the night before), skim milk (only able to drink in a smoothie otherwise YUK!!! lol) maybe rolled oats, or peanut butter or spinach for protein well you get the idea

The blender I have, a cheapie (relatively speaking I guess) Black & Decker is giving up the ghost.  Guess almost daily use for a year is too much for it. But it's getting time to get a new and improved blender. So my question, which blender would you recommend?  Almost daily use, blending amongst other things frozen fruit, and won't break the bank.  I'm not spending around $1000.00 for a Blendtec blender.  

Opinions please, and Thank You

RG

I have a Vitamix and I swear by it... if you pick one up on sale you can get one for about $450 to $500. 

• Like 1

Just now, drlove said:

I have a Vitamix and I swear by it... if you pick one up on sale you can get one for about $450 to $500. 

I’ll 2nd that. My daughter got one for a wedding present. Marvellous.

It'll even make soup and heat it up.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, someguy said:

Vitamix and Blendtec are both available at Costco for < 500. 

According to those YouTube videos, Blendtec blenders are pretty much indestructible:

I bought a Vitamix a little over a year ago at Costco and it is amazing, anything you will put in it will be pulvarized into small pieces.  I use it to make smoothies all the time or to make soup(believe me it will make the soup and warm it up) and even make ice cream.  It's amazing to make pina colada because it will break the ice so small and keep it cold as well(hard to believe).

My top choice anyway.

• Like 2