Is this normal

Guest Gentleman4U

Hi

I went for a 30 min massage today agreed on price via email and then went for massage

After the massage was done the MA says to me you owe for 45 mins as that how long we took.

As a client am I suppose to set an alarm clock to keep track of time in order to not have to shell out more money.

I was shocked because I have never had this happen before ouch 

What a bad MA for pulling this trick

Sounds she isn't interested in repeat customers. Would love to know who it was. PM me if you wish as naming her on here would be against the rules.

Guest Gentleman4U

Yes I will. Be glad to tell anyone whom is curious as to avoid being dooped by her Ma poor behaviour.

I will never see her ever again . She may have got a few extra dollars but she’ll never get another dime from me. 

Ill spend it on more reputable ladies whom respect is a two way street.

3 hours ago, Gentleman4U said:

Hi

I went for a 30 min massage today agreed on price via email and then went for massage

After the massage was done the MA says to me you owe for 45 mins as that how long we took.

As a client am I suppose to set an alarm clock to keep track of time in order to not have to shell out more money.

I was shocked because I have never had this happen before ouch 

What a bad MA for pulling this trick

I'm sorry,to hear this, Gentleman4U. It's not right, nor is it, your responsibility to keep track of the time. This is my opinion. It's her Responsibility,to keep track of her sessions, not yours. Your there to relax, and enjoy, not to be worried about the "Clock". Maybe, your not the only Client, this is done too... Makes you think. "My Thoughts", you were being, Nickeled and Dimed.. 

Just my opinion.. xoxo's 

I am also sorry to hear this has happened to you as well. I agree with katie and feel it is her responsibility to keep track of the time, not yours. I know the other SP's may do things differently, but Im not a huge fan of counting the clock myself and will warn when I feel like my time needs further compensation to continue. Also, what is an extra 15 mins anyway, especially for a gentleman 😚

• Like 1

The answer is obviously "NO". 

Once both side agree on the time, services and rate, it's up to her to manage the session.

If you get a bit more time or mileage, it's on her.

You can give a bigger tip, but shouldn't feel obligated if it's her error.

I wonder if this could have been solved by giving the donation before the session started?  Of course you never know how well things will turn out sometime you could be out of there in 15 minutes because there is no chemistry and then you still lose.  I always book for the hour and if things don't go like I want I just walk out, but I have stayed longer before and offered to pay extra and was refused the money, I did leave a tip.

Just saying !

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Gentleman4U said:

Yes I will. Be glad to tell anyone whom is curious as to avoid being dooped by her Ma poor behaviour.

I will never see her ever again . She may have got a few extra dollars but she’ll never get another dime from me. 

Ill spend it on more reputable ladies whom respect is a two way street.

Not right at all.

I would be pissed.

Can you please PM me?

Guest Gentleman4U

So glad I have been able to pass along this valuable warning to others    Another thing I didn’t mention was that I asked how are we for time as I want to plan to hold off as long as possible. and the MA in questions says I don’t know. Yikes that should have been a huge Red flag.

being in the moment I was following her lead that she wasn’t rushing me so I held out longer then I should have .

As the others have said, she shouldn't have dinged you for extra. It reminds me of VIP visits at SCs where the number of songs is always higher than you reckon for, which is why I don't go to SCs any more :)

Hmmmm that's not nice if in fact that is the way it happened. Sounds like you had a good session if you got edged for 45mins though 🙂 Maybe she had good intentions and deserves a Lil benefit of the doubt 😉 although I can completely relate I have encountered those who nickel and dime for extras and even lie to take advantage of discounts offered in good faith! so I feel your pain lol. Reading this thread makes me realize as an MA that I need to make sure of time limits for my clients..because not being a clock watcher is a fine line. And I would not want to be misjudged as ill intentioned. Esp when my clients send me mixed messages in the heat of the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would also be tempted to give the benefit of the doubt to the MA. She charges for the extra time: she's a scammer. She checks the time, she becomes a "clock watcher". Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Surely there is a middle ground?

Is divulging her name in pm in order to damage her business a fair punishment for being charged an extra for 15 minutes? A 15 minutes that I presumed you have enjoyed since you have not seen/felt the time fly.

Did you really not see that your time was up, or you did see it but told yourself "she must really like me if she lets me overstay"? In that case, what's truly hurt right now: your wallet or your ego?

From my perspective, it is a case of miscommunication that could have been resolved between the 2 of you instead of choosing the lynching option.

It's a 15 minutes dent in your wallet vs her livelihood. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Genevieve Marceau said:

I would also be tempted to give the benefit of the doubt to the MA. She charges for the extra time: she's a scammer. She checks the time, she becomes a "clock watcher". Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Surely there is a middle ground?

Is divulging her name in pm in order to damage her business a fair punishment for being charged an extra for 15 minutes? A 15 minutes that I presumed you have enjoyed since you have not seen/felt the time fly.

Did you really not see that your time was up, or you did see it but told yourself "she must really like me if she lets me overstay"? In that case, what's truly hurt right now: your wallet or your ego?

From my perspective, it is a case of miscommunication that could have been resolved between the 2 of you instead of choosing the lynching option.

I agree we don't know the full story and like you I'm not a fan of the backdoor access to her identity. If this is more than a simple mistake or miscommunication, there's a proper thread for those kind of warnings.

Guest Gentleman4U
37 minutes ago, Genevieve Marceau said:

You all have made some good points.

Just wondering if it is allowed if it went the other way say I booked 1 hr and said 30 min into it I’m done thank you here’s your 30 min rate 

something to consider I believe both providers and clients would rather stick to the agreed time and not deviate unless verbally agreed at the time.

like you mentioned what’s a few minutes and dollars it works both ways my friends

Edited by Gentleman4U

44 minutes ago, Gentleman4U said:

You all have made some good points.

Just wondering if it is allowed if it went the other way say I booked 1 hr and said 30 min into it I’m done thank you here’s your 30 min rate 

something to consider I believe both providers and clients would rather stick to the agreed time and not deviate unless verbally agreed at the time.

like you mentioned what’s a few minutes and dollars it works both ways my friends

She pretty much covered that in her comment by saying  it's something that should have been settled privately. And that no matter who want's to change the conditions of the deal. 

Also, an MA doesn't gain a lot by asking extra if she accidently gives you extra time or mileage. She's stuck with the options of saying nothing with in the hope the tip will cover for it. Or ask for more and quite likely not get a tip at all. So as a client it pretty much cost the same either way. Makes you wonder if it's worth making such a big fuss about it.

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, Genevieve Marceau said:

Thanks for this post Genevieve it certainly made me think a little harder about the issue.

I think that both the parties share a responsibility for staying within agreed upon timeframes or addressing additional time when it happens.  Either of the parties in this case could have noticed that the end time was approaching and discussed the interest in extending. 

If either party knew that they were extending past the agreed time and they did not mention it then if it's the lady she should not expect extra pay.   If it's the guy then he should definitely pay for extra time.  In my experience it has been the rare occasion when I have not been aware of how my time was going so if it extended past agreed time I always offered to pay extra... it was not always excepted. 

If the parties simply missed the time then common sense and respect should guide the day.  Either of the parties could raise the fact that they went overtime and then discuss how to handle it. 

Unless there is some reason to suggest that the lady is deliberately going over time as a means of upselling then I would think it is not unreasonable or her to expect her time to be covered but if an extension was not discussed then all she can do is rely on the good nature of the client.  Maybe the client does not have the extra etc. 

But hey guys why should we expect to get additional service at no cost... if service met expectation pay the Lady.  While I am not suggesting a lady is like a car if your car goes in for service and the advisor says it will take 3 hr labour and it actually takes 4 we pay for the 4 because we received the service.

In regards to the point raised about leaving early... it is generally accepted in this industry that you pay for the time booked regardless if you user it all or not.  If you chooser to leave it is not the lady's issue unless you are leaving because of a misrepresentation by the lady. 

Just my Opinion 

• Like 1

Guest Gentleman4U

I think that it is impossible to tell the time when no clock is present that I could see. 

So maybe I should bring a timer set for 10 mins before end of session to know I should go for the finish line now. Ridiculous!!

I will search out providers who are willing to keep the time for me and be more clear that I don’t wish to go over the agreed time booked. 

No need to bring a timer and of course the lady has the primary responsibility for monitoring time.  If she has been doing massage she can guage that without really looking at the clock. It's not really all that hard to judge time especially in a half hour appointment.

I agree 100% that if you are strictly not willing to pay for more than a half hour then it would be good to ensure the lady knows that up front.  In which case if she goes over you could choose to not pay.

Guest Gentleman4U

The best advice was given to me to pay up front so that it is more obvious as to what I want.

ok I’m ready to move on over and out!

11 minutes ago, Gentleman4U said:

I think that it is impossible to tell the time when no clock is present that I could see. 

So maybe I should bring a timer set for 10 mins before end of session to know I should go for the finish line now. Ridiculous!!

I will search out providers who are willing to keep the time for me and be more clear that I don’t wish to go over the agreed time booked. 

In over two decades of dealing with MA's and SP's, I never had to keep track of the time.

Like I said in my previous comment, If you get more out of your session you can give a more generous tip. If she ask extra for it and you don't agree, you can pay it without the tip. Either way, it changes little for you. You had a point by asking if this type of thing was normal, but you lost many of us by sharing her info in private.

Again, if you got solid evidence of wrong doing on her part, there's a proper forum to share that information.

It sounds like the OP had enough money on him at the time to pay the extra that the MA wanted. It strikes me that this was somewhat fortunate - there's no guarantee that a client will bring more than they're expecting to pay.

I can't help but think that this could have turned out worse if that hadn't been an option.

If she started music before the session, time was being kept, just like dancers use songs to tell time. 

Edited by Moviefan

Hey Everyone, 

Some very good points have been made in this thread so although the offering of "Providing the MA's information" behind the scenes to circumvent our policies would normally constitute removing this thread I'm going to leave it up. For others to discuss the topic as I believe it is relevant to the industry and useful. 

@Gentleman4U Please do not provide anyone the name of the provider in question via Private Message, this would go against our policies, your thread is staying up for it's valuable information and constructive discussions but providing this information would be seen as "Negative" and is against our policies. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Gentleman4U

I understand and I’ll not pass along the MA name to anyone.

Edited by Gentleman4U

In order to save Gentleman4U from having to explain to anyone if they message asking him for the name: If you message @Gentleman4U for the details pertaining to the provider he saw, I will give you a temporary Ban. This topic is only staying active for discussion purposes about extending time on either end. Not for who he saw. 

• Like 1