I am done with this site.

Well , clearly you are far smarter than me . I am not the only lady whose reccos we can't find . Thank you so much , is there an easy way to explain to this technically disadvantaged person how I may find them myself . I  would also play it forward and explain to my lady friends who are having the same problem.  

Thank you so much again Greenteal.

:classic_tongue:

1 minute ago, Katherine said:

Well , clearly you are far smarter than me . I am not the only lady whose reccos we can't find . Thank you so much , is there an easy way to explain to this technically disadvantaged person how I may find them myself . I  would also play it forward and explain to my lady friends who are having the same problem.  

Thank you so much again Greenteal.

:classic_tongue:

I don't want to sound arrogant, but wasn't that hard to find.

I simply went in the Nova Scotia Recommendations page

https://www.lyla.ch/forum/100-nova-scotia-recommendations/

and slowly scrolled down page by page until I found it on the top of the third one.

Hope this will help you and your colleagues find other lost recommendations.

Good night.

8 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

and slowly scrolled down page by page until I found it on the top of the third one.

Good night.

8 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

Good night.

You are not arrogant and thank you very much!   :classic_smile:

On 12/3/2018 at 3:40 PM, roamingguy said:

There is a more efficient search method to find a woman’s recommendations than scrolling through the recommendations for your city and scanning for a name. I’m going to paraphrase Roaming Guy’s advice to Bianca Jaguar:

Go to the recommendation forum for the city you want to search;

In the upper right hand corner type the name in the search window;

From the drop down menu select “This forum only”;

Hit enter or the magnifying glass and you’ll get all recommendations in that city for the name you searched.

I have to say that while the new design appears to be functional, it’s seriously lacking in a user friendly interface (graphics, typography, layout, links, language etc) that would allow intuitive use by a casual or semi regular visitor. 

On 12/3/2018 at 3:40 PM, roamingguy said:

go to the Ottawa Recommendation forum, from there go to upper right hand corner where the "search" window is, type in your name.  A drop down menu came up and from it I selected "this forum only" (or something like that LOL) and then clicked on the magnifying glass icon in the search window and voila

Only thing it did bring up recos of other companions named Bianca too

Hope that helps

RG

On 11/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, Phaedrus said:

It would be great if people could explain *why* it's not easy to navigate, or what would make it easier. And also say whether this is using a phone or a more traditional browser.

At the moment it's clear there's a problem, but not at all clear what the problem is... which will make it *very* hard to fix.

i think like many sites, it is being set up to be used on a phone, which i've seen other sites do, and it is not agreeable with laptop users, for my personal taste.   The old site & on similar forums, i always go to New Posts, click on that, and scan thru recent topics of interest to me.   If this site has that, i do not know where it is.  i'm not much for going to the main page, finding different subsections, and searching about.   New Posts is my way in, without it i know i will miss many new topics or posts that are current

ok, amended to say that i did see "unread content'' up there, but it is in a faded font & i don't think it was there 

Edited by fortunateone

While I can make my way around the site, it does appear to have some user interface issues, most of which could be sorted out by applying a more human-friendly theme:

1. White background with grey lettering. For example the "Home>General Discussion> General Discussion Area- all of Canada>" text at the bottom of this page is barely visible.

2. "Flat" buttons: Really???

3. Extra large links "Go To Topic Listings" and "Next Unread Topic" .

On phones, the abject disregard for usability makes it difficult to tell if you are about to jab a button, a link or some block of plain text.  Also, excessive levels need to be navigated through in order to get to specific forums.

Searches:

While searches do work, it can be rather trying clicking through the list of forums and selecting those that you specifically want to look through. This again is a victim of some "2D White with Grey"  "dynamic/active content" appearance concept. Meanwhile, the "Search this forum" capability seems to have been removed.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2018 at 11:54 PM, namereh2 said:

..... Meanwhile, the "Search this forum" capability seems to have been removed.

It is still there but it only exists from a PC. When viewing from a mobile, the search button takes you away from that forum to a general search page. There is no "search this forum" option because you are no longer actually in that forum anymore.

I did manage to figure out how to search a specific forum from that search page on a mobile, but it is a bit complicated. You need to change it from search "all content" to "topics", then go to the forum drop down menu, then go and find the forum you want to select, which is quite cumbersome.  Seems to work but not very practical for general use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess my point was why try to improve a model that worked really well? Sometimes change is not better! Maybe an old school view but...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meg O'Ryan said:

I guess my point was why try to improve a model that worked really well? Sometimes change is not better! Maybe an old school view but...

It maybe worked well, but was likely a bit outdated. We all like our good old stuff but change is inevitable. I struggled more between versions of Internet Explorers that changed the location of the favorites with each update. I'm relatively new here and never really got attached to the old website. For what I use it, I actually prefer this one.

Just my two cents.

57 minutes ago, Meg O'Ryan said:

Yup... the old saying rings true here: If it’s not broken, don’t fix it!

I think the key message here is that something doesn't need to be 'broke' to require replacement/upgrading: the rapidly changing and fluid digital world that surrounds us can force required change, wanted or not!

I still struggle with lyla's new format and miss features from the old site but I'm still here....... and still struggling.

• Like 1

From my perspective there are problems but because I access it almost exclusively from my mobile it is a much better mobile platform.

I still miss some of the thinks on old but will get used to it I am sure.

For those who miss the old more I encourage you to stick with it as the site really can't afford to lose many more active members.  It also needs to find a better way to convert the huge number of guests into members.

Just my Opinion