Sign in to follow this  

Disgraceful Reflection on the BDSM Community

I was checking out leo list to see if there are even any authentic  Doms as I am relaunching the business and I came across this https://www.leolist.cc/personals/dom-fetish/south-eastern-ontario/ottawa_i_m_kitty_and_my_master_has_agreed_to_share_me-4513050

This kind of thing makes me livid ... I mean really f***ing livid. This is exactly what the D/s relationship should never ever be. This guy claiming to be a "master" should be flogged till he gets his head out of his *ss. Yes, this kind of play does exist where a Dom will allow their sub to play with others .. but it is done in a safe sane consensual manner and within the BDSM community so that the person joining the session understands the nature of D/s and what is allowed and what to expect. It is never done without the Dom meeting and screening and having an extensive discussion with the person who will be joining the play... in fact they would need to be known in the community or have a reference from someone who is (if they are Dom), or the joining person would be someone who is an existing client of the Dom and has had a number of one on one sessions with only the Dom (if they are sub/switch) . . And of course this has to be something the play sub wants to participate in. She claims in the ad she has given consent... but the way her "master" is doing it is completely negligent.

It is a Dom's responsibility to ensure their subs safety and well being. It is a moral and ethical obligation. The "master" in this ad (and I will use lower case because he does not deserve the title) is nothing short of a street pimp and he is putting his sub in a great deal of danger.

It may seem counter intuitive for people who are not familiar with it... but a genuine D/s relationship is based on trust and respect. NOT using your sub to make money and leaving her/him vulnerable to predators. Thanks for listening to my rant. It is just frustrating because it is wrong on so many levels and there is nothing I can do ... and probably shouldn't anyway because people have to walk their own path and live their own lesson. But this kind of thing REALLY misrepresents what the BDSM community is about and what a Dom (pro or not) should be.

Edited by Guest

I understand your frustration, but those two are selling a money grab for people who know nothing about BDSM and the more traditional provider/lobbyist experience.

The use of "Anything goes" should be a huge red flag for those who care about their health. The few restrictions are pretty much there to avoid possible assault charges.

The only "positive" is the highly prohibitive rate that should slow down impulsive clients.

Hopefully lack of interest and common sense will make them rethink this.