Hey! I’m wondering how people feel about Airbnb. Do you think it’s sketchy? Is it not good for discretion? Do you think people would be hesitant to arrive at a place ? You can rent out condos, houses, townhomes. Wondering if anyone has had any tips ? Hotels are expensive and it’s hard to get a good location with parking. 

I don't think it really matter. Discretion is only as good as the person you invite to share time with you.

I agree with clearbluesky15 the right location could certainly have some upsides.

I did a search on ABB for St. John's and there were lots of great spaces for less than $200 for example this one...

20181124_144005.gif.a45c694fbb9c9f974514b74712d2c459.gif

Welcome to our fabulous home in historic St. John’s.
This 2-bedroom luxury loft apartment has an ideal location for a tourist, or for a longer term executive renter who wants to live in the heart of the city.

This is two level luxury loft apartment with private entrance and on-street free parking. It has open concept living room with a high ceiling, modern kitchen, lounge, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, utility room and deck. Each bedroom has new king size bed with a luxury mattress and superior linens, Smart Roku TV, closet with the small safe and has its own lock. The first bathroom has the shower, sink and toilet.The master bedroom bathroom has the shower, jacuzzi corner bathtub, sink and toilet. We provide you with body wash, shampoo/conditioner, soft, Egyptian cotton towels and hair blow driers. Modern kitchen is fully equipped with new supplies, cookware and dining ware. There is a stainless steel fridge, stove, dishwasher, electric kettle, coffee maker, toaster and microwave, as well as Nespresso coffee machine. Dining area seats six. Living room has a high quality sectional, seats four, electric fireplace and 50" Smart Roku TV, connected to the cable TV with a lots of channels. On the second level lounge you can relax in comfortable armchairs. 
Utility room is equipped with the modern washer and dryer, iron and ironing board. We provide you with washer detergent. Deck has a table with a six chairs and BBQ. For your safety, the apartment is equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguisher. The quality of air is controlled by the new HVAC system. The temperature is controlled by electrical baseboard and heat pump, which is also a air conditioner. Free Wi-Fi is provided.

• Like 1

Nothing at all inheritely sketchy about Air BNB. I Wouldn’t hesitate to see a lady just because she was at one. It would entirely depend on the place itself and location. 

• Like 2

Depends entirely on the general area of the airbnb, if it's in a decent area, in a well kept building, sure; if it's in a downtrodden building in a side street, likely will pass, safety is first. However such rules, in my mind, are generally for newer SP's, well known ones I am personally more comfortable visiting in general.

• Like 2

I had inquired about this before from a landlord perspective. 

As already mentioned, I wouldn't have an issue visiting an SP as long as I felt comfortable with the location (any location whether airbnb or their own) as well as comfortable with the reputation of the SP.

Good luck @Geekygirl902 !

Interestingly enough I was just texting with a beautiful lady visiting St. John's this week and she told me she is not at a hotel but an Air B&B.... 

I asked if she is a Lyla member and she is not so I was doing some marketing for her to join she looks amazing.

Twice I meet providers in RBB, both time were fine, no issue.

But, I guess it always depends on the quality of the place, if the owner is around or how noisy you can be.

4 hours ago, Lookingfor said:

I tried this for a rendezvous with an SP as a outcall not good we got kicked out. 

This could have been easily avoided by familiarising yourself with the house rules, asking if visitors are allowed or simply rent the room as a double occupancy to avoid raising red flags.

2 minutes ago, Geekygirl902 said:

I’ve done numerous outcalls to Airbnb condo’s downtown, but you have to physically let people in.

Completely agree and again following house rules will save you a lot of troubles. I never used Airbnb, but travelling in Europe used more traditional B&B's/Guesthouses and each places had different policies regarding visitors. And while some places were quite open, others made it quite clear they wouldn't tolerate providers or other type of unwanted guests in their rooms.

And while normal hotels/hotels are more flexible, it doesn't mean they tolerate the abuse of the single occupancy rates. If you intend of having someone with you for over two hours, pay for two and avoid potential problems.

6 minutes ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Interesting. From SP incall perspective, I could imagine nosy neighbors/host wondering why multiple visitors, but as a client with an SP outcall, if you led with 'my wife/gf will be arriving in a bit..." not sure how they'd pick up on that.  Mind if I ask what tipped them?

Probably he never mentioned the possibility of a visitor or asked if allowed.

Rent an ABB in a large condo building and who cares, people come and go every minute. I won't go to a house or small apartment building, but as for a large complex, buzz me in baby! Have you tried Hotwire? You can get Chocolate Lake or the Westin pretty damn cheap this time of year. Let me know if you do. You're hot.

Edited by KevinForsythe
  • Like 3

Guest MelanieRose

Hey! I've done airbnb a couple of times before and found it worked better when I do my research on the specific property! Busy places with a buzzer/intercom are ideal for myself when looking. (Hard to find as most buzzers are hooked up to tenants phone now a days). I know I visited a place once that had no buzzer access and security was downstairs 24 hours a day, so needless to say, that made things pretty difficult. I prefer hotel even though it is more expensive I just don't like that added worry of being in someone else's home lol . 

It's pretty easy to get info on hotels but not so easy to know what ABB might be good for this industry.

It would be great if the ladies on here had a place to list the good locations... maybe part of the SP only area because I don't think we should be listing them publicly.

Just my Opinion 

• Thanks 1

Guest MelanieRose
3 minutes ago, Geekygirl902 said:

Thank you everyone! I’m going to rent for 2 days see how it goes. I’ll deff post what my verdict is aha 🙂

That's great ! I hope it all works out 🙂

Guest MelanieRose
42 minutes ago, Ice4fun said:

It's pretty easy to get info on hotels but not so easy to know what ABB might be good for this industry.

It would be great if the ladies on here had a place to list the good locations... maybe part of the SP only area because I don't think we should be listing them publicly.

Just my Opinion 

Oh and I agree, it's pretty easy to get hotel information now a days..

The hard thing about airbnb is that most people won't willingly rent out to SP's, many people with income properties on airbnb have expressed this openly so for that reason I feel safer going with a hotel or even a motel (personal opinion) . Poster asked about discretion so just thought I would mention that it could be an issue depending on where you choose to stay.

Best of luck Geekygirl🙂

2 hours ago, MelanieMys said:

Oh and I agree, it's pretty easy to get hotel information now a days..

The hard thing about airbnb is that most people won't willingly rent out to SP's, many people with income properties on airbnb have expressed this openly so for that reason I feel safer going with a hotel or even a motel (personal opinion) . Poster asked about discretion so just thought I would mention that it could be an issue depending on where you choose to stay.

Best of luck Geekygirl🙂

I hear you.... Hotels could also be safer in some ways.

What I like about the ABB option is the potential for significantly better accommodation... work room and bedroom, fireplaces, full kitchen, work bathroom and 2nd bathroom, decks and BBQ's, ability to not spend all day essentially in a bedroom ;)

Of course what is best for each lady is all that really matters.

• Like 1