Sign in to follow this  

Booking

Hi evreybody,

I am looking for advice!! If you send an pm to a sp to book an appointement, how long you wait if you have no feed-back?? The only way to reach her is via e-mail. No phone no text. 

I dont want to be insistant or out of place so i don’t send a second pm!

seen sp for more than 10y and only  happend to me the only 3 Times i try to book via e-mails. 

Cheers

SP's have lives outside of their work so there should be no expectation of immediate replies.  In my experience most ladies usually endeavour to reply within 24hrs but there can be all kinds of reasons why it could be longer.

I would wait 2 or 3 days and then follow up once if no reply then I would leave it at that.

I have had people say that they have PM'ed a lady here on LYLA and did not get a reply... ladies don't always check in here daily and also don't always check their work email on days off.

Just my Opinion 

• Thanks 1

It’s been more than 48h since my first mail. I just dont want to bother her with a follow up e-mail. Maybe my e-mail fell in the junk bin or maybe asking for an appointement 5 days in advance is too much. 

Thanks

2 days is not a long time to wait for a reply to an email the lady my be off or under the weather.  If she has been posting ads during the two days it will not hurt to recheck the email address and send a second short note.

It might also be worth while to check your own spam folder maybe she has responded.

A second email if done in the right tone and I just asking if she got your message should never be a problem

Just my Opinion 

There's no harm in following up after a couple of days (or even a full day), I think, provided you do it right. "Hey, I was wondering if you got my mail" is OK. "Why didn't you reply to me?" will make you look like an entitled asshole, which is probably not what you want :)

• Like 3

On 12/11/2018 at 11:42 AM, mikesuty said:

Hi evreybody,

I am looking for advice!! If you send an pm to a sp to book an appointement, how long you wait if you have no feed-back?? The only way to reach her is via e-mail. No phone no text. 

I dont want to be insistant or out of place so i don’t send a second pm!

seen sp for more than 10y and only  happend to me the only 3 Times i try to book via e-mails. 

Cheers

You sent a PM ... and the only way to reach her is email? That means she wants to be contacted by email I'm thinking... so PM is not the way the she wants to be contacted and you chose that way to contact her? :classic_blink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mikesuty: I'm responding to Melanie Jolliet's point above - I assume by 'pm' you meant an email communication which was 'private' (in which case the othe responses above generally give good suggestions. If it was a 'pm' from lyla or another board then Melanie is right on point.

In these days of pm, DM, SMS, text, email, calls (even from a rotary phone - my sort of technology! lol) the provider's preferences need to be followed...... 'provided' they said what they meant and meant what they said.

• Like 2