Tips included

So Broadway now has an add for $80 45 minutes tips included. I’ve seen this type of pricing in BC before but this is the first time I’ve seen it in Winnipeg. 

39 minutes ago, livenudecats said:

I like it.  It takes out all the guess work.

Maybe for a straight therapeutic massage, but calculating a 10 to 20% tip is not that hard to do. And if you tend to be more generous in order to access more options, you'll be back in the same guessing game.

Also, the "tips included" is often used to keep a tighter grip on the ladies. Something with benefits and also some drawbacks. On the plus side it tend to offer a more standardized and professional service. On the other, ladies don't always get much of the tip money and are less motivated to go the extra mile(without crossing the line) in term of service quality.

I personally prefer tipping her directly and know she gets what she deserves.

I'm surprised they do it. They often run a $40 special, that makes the tip $40. I'm surprised they 'can' do it. Any tip larger than $10 bucks implies a certain 'something', an expectation to some degree. And in my mind that takes the 'choice' away from the girl providing which concerns me greatly. In my mind the girl providing is the ONLY one that should be choosing to offer something worth that kind of a tip. There are plenty of reasons a girl might decline, uncomfortable with the person, doesn't like the persons smell maybe. Or maybe she sees something on the guys dick that gives her concern and just doesn't wanna touch it. By including the tip a certain expectation is placed on her by the establishment and that should never be the case. 

Green makes some valid arguments against this practice as well. 

11 hours ago, kokenne said:

Not sure this should be relevant to the topic. When I tip a waitress, pizza delivery guy(or girl) or barber, I don't expect a hj from it.

The generosity of the tip should be in regard to the service, atmosphere and attitude and not be a way to intimidate and pressure someone. 

7 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Not sure this should be relevant to the topic. When I tip a waitress, pizza delivery guy(or girl) or barber, I don't expect a hj from it.

The generosity of the tip should be in regard to the service, atmosphere and attitude and not be a way to intimidate and pressure someone. 

It is definitely relevant. The real issue is whether "Tips included" is code language for "hj included". It has absolutely nothing to do with intimidation or pressure. On the boards, the word "tip" is commonly used to describe the payment for extra services. A tip of $10 or perhaps $20 may be just that for a $50 or $60 massage. If it's $40 or more, it's almost certainly for extra services.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Horndog66 said:

It is definitely relevant. The real issue is whether "Tips included" is code language for "hj included". It has absolutely nothing to do with intimidation or pressure. On the boards, the word "tip" is commonly used to describe the payment for extra services. A tip of $10 or perhaps $20 may be just that for a $50 or $60 massage. If it's $40 or more, it's almost certainly for extra services.

I seriously doubt every clients gets a hj under pretext of "tips included". We can bet it wouldn't last long.

17 minutes ago, usernametaken said:

If I get  a $50 pizza and tip the driver $40 I would at least expect a hj😉

Whatever floats your boat (or his).

Found the ad:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-health-beauty/winnipeg/new-christmas-special-80-for-45min-massage-tips-included/1404125650

From the stock pics and vague language, it sounds like the type of establishment that keeps a tight leash on the ladies.

Don't want to read too much into it. But if I didn't knew better, I would say the management was preventing the MA's from collecting any form of donation directly from a client.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, usernametaken said:

Why assume its a male driver?

The few female drivers I seen in recent years were old enough to be my mother and I'm in my 40's.

And if one was young and attractive, I would assume she's carrying pepper spray for her safety.

Just saying. LOL🤣

Broadway is run by the same guy that owns 478 River Avenue and Sargent Avenue Sunshine healing.

He is not trying to keep any tips away from the girls he's just trying to be aggressive in advertising. He is trying to keep up or beat the pricing of Crystal massage and 839 Corydon Avenue location which is also run by the same owner.

They are in a heated battle trying to push everybody off the Kijiji Page by posting every 10 to 20 minutes.

If you notice 90% of the ads on the first page of Kijiji are from these four locations.

1 minute ago, Greenteal said:

The few female drivers I seen in recent years were old enough to be my mother and I'm in my 40's.

And if one was young and attractive, I would assume she's carrying pepper spray for her safety.

Just saying. LOL🤣

Haha agree😀

On a side note. Daisy from Ness was offering 30-minute massage for $30 as was crystal on Kingfisher. So the rates seem to be dropping for the better if you look closely.

2 minutes ago, usernametaken said:

Broadway is run by the same guy that owns 478 River Avenue and Sargent Avenue Sunshine healing.

He is not trying to keep any tips away from the girls he's just trying to be aggressive in advertising. He is trying to keep up or beat the pricing of Crystal massage and 839 Corydon Avenue location which is also run by the same owner.

They are in a heated battle trying to push everybody off the Kijiji Page by posting every 10 to 20 minutes.

If you notice 90% of the ads on the first page of Kijiji are from these four locations.

Whatever the reasoning behind the marketing, the ladies are on always the losing end with no tips policies. Whatever the agreed time, I prefer when the extra spices are negotiated privately behind closed door and know she's getting compensated fairly for the extra efforts.

What’s funny is I just wanted to know if the tip is for service or more ? I don’t pre tip service because what if it’s bad ? 

marketing to target a segment thats new or curious to this type of massage... I'm sure the promotion will end at some point.... The ladies I'm sure are happy with the boss for trying to bring in more clients to become regulars , ... In the end everyone probably chipped in a little for a promotion that has a shelf life ... Besides , you can always tip more !

3 minutes ago, kokenne said:

What’s funny is I just wanted to know if the tip is for service or more ? I don’t pre tip service because what if it’s bad ? 

If you want more, negotiate it privately with the lady. Other than the front door "no tip" rate, consider this business as usual.

18 hours ago, usernametaken said:

Rather than trying to build his business and clientele this way, maybe they should focus on being honest with the customer and be less confusing.  Try posting pictures of the real ladies working there, not some Asian model off the internet.  As well, stop with all the name changing BS.  It is very frustrating when trying to book and a lady is Susan one day then Alice the next and then a week later is Karen, meanwhile someone new is now Susan.

• Thanks 1