Barbarellas to Close before March 31

On 3/11/2019 at 7:29 AM, Kilt Boy said:

I believe that the last GP burlesque will be on the 29th. I was speaking with the organizer about that on Friday.

Ms Kroston Kreme (yum yum!) assured me today that it will be the 22nd. They went back and forth between 22nd and 29th, but too many of the troop had other engagements lined up for the 29th.

We are expected to file up and down the stairs whenever the GP action starts and stops. A busy night for coat-check.

PS Kroston Kreme aka Kristie is behind the bar this afternoon. It's a pity that the number of customers could be counted on an old-time butcher's left hand... Get down there!

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:55 PM, curmudgeon said:

We are expected to file up and down the stairs whenever the GP action starts and stops. A busy night for coat-check.

meh, Curmudgeon, pros like us will just leave their coat at Barbs. We know we'll be going back downstairs....

• Like 1

I dropped by today, and saw Bridgette and Kitty, old times.   Hockey game tonight, lots of Maple Leafs fans in town, so the place had some traffic, which was nice.   

• Like 2

I was in for a few hours this afternoon as well - had to practice for next week's final visit. I had hoped to wish Bridgette all the best but somehow managed to miss her. The General may have been to blame for this. Probably!

I had fun making the acquaintance fo Molly and it was a pleasant sojourn in the CR. Things got a little quieter after the Leafs left so I retreated to the GP for a meal during the late afternoon lull. While I'm looking forward to the final visit it will be tainted with some sadness.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 10:13 PM, waterat said:

I had hoped to wish Bridgette all the best but somehow managed to miss her. The General may have been to blame for this. Probably!

Maybe it was me! I'm not sorry.  🙂

• Haha 2

On 3/16/2019 at 5:17 PM, The General said:

I dropped by today, and saw Bridgette and Kitty, old times. 

Me too. One of my fondest Barb's memories was a duo with those two. I was the third wheel... 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, Kilt Boy said:

So far it looks like the Wednesday before, March 20th.

Yep. Tomorrow. If you see me, come on over and say hi.

• Like 1

Last night was a blast!

Lots of lovely ladies. Lots of mates and old friends dropped by for a chat and a drink. It felt like it should always be.

I'm going to miss the old girl when she's gone.

• Like 3

This is the last day! Come out and show your appreciation for all the good times you've had.

I'll be there for the lunch, at least. At the very least.

• Like 1

I will drink a toast to Barbs from afar. Though I haven't been there much in the last few years I have many great memories of the place. So many truly beautiful women there, a great neighborhood vibe, friendly staff. Two gorgeous, intelligent women stand out for me there: Snow, who retired four or five years ago, and Bridgette, who retired last week. Both were exceptional at doing best what a good dancer does (in my opinion anyway): making the customer feel very very special. I was lucky enough to see Bridgette again a couple of times this year and I'm still dizzy from those visits to the CR.

Here's to Barbs and to a great future for all the sexy women who tantalized us from the stage.

Edited by thepartypigeon
  • Like 4

Well I was there 1:30-3:00. There was really only 1 girl I knew, from PM a year ago or so. Great atmosphere, very pretty ladies. One stuck out, a Maya/Pigale twin. Tall, big frizzy hair, astonishing presence. But, not really my type. Then, suddenly across the room "she" walked in and sat down at stage talking with  a regular of hers. They talked a long time (and during "she" did a little show on stage with another girl) and I thought I would miss her as she went back to talking with her friend/regular. FINALLY, she left and I was able to intercept her. Needless to say, I enjoyed being with her so much in the CR (which was actually not too busy). She doesn't dance a lot, is shy and usually prefers only her regulars, but I was polite and smiling. 

I did leave a little farewell note on wall in washroom and also leve 3 pencils so others may leave their wishes too.  So sad but so happy to have been there and met such a wonderful lady.

xoxoxo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The only thing that would make this closing a bang, would be for many of the all-time stars to make an appearance. Met many great women there over the last 20 years. But because this is real life and not a TV finale, that won’t happen. 

Actually, I recognized many faces in the crowd.  The ladies may not have gotten back on the stage but they definitely showed up to reminisce.  

Hell of a thing that the best night in the club's last ten years was the last one, but ain't that life?

It was really great to see a nice crowd building early evening on the club''s last day with lotsa beautiful ladies.  A sensual CR visit with the beautiful Mystique on Barbs' last day will be a fond memory.    So long Barbs.... end of an era.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:49 PM, Michel_K said:

The only thing that would make this closing a bang, would be for many of the all-time stars to make an appearance. 

"Star" was there, still looking awesome! We had a brief chat. Jenny showed up late. I would have loved to have seen Maude on stage one last time, but we can't have everything.

A special shoutout to longtime Friday afternoon shooter girl Kristie. She worked the bar all afternoon, danced three times with Captial Tease upstairs in the Glue Pot plus worked the crowd with collection buckets, and *then* went back to Barb's and worked the bar and waitressed until late. And looked stunning the whole time.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 9:37 AM, safety11 said:

Hell of a thing that the best night in the club's last ten years was the last one, but ain't that life?

Natasha sat with me briefly late Friday for respite. She was a bit overwhelmed by all the buzz. She was amazed to hear that back in the day every Thurs/Fri/Sat was humming like that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, curmudgeon said:

Jenny showed up late.

This makes me a bit regretful that I was not able to attend at the end of Barb's. On the other hand, I have somewhat mixed feelings about seeing dancers after they have stopped dancing. Might have been nice to see Jenny again and more generally to soak in the atmosphere one last time. Had been hoping that Jenny would stay until the very end as it seemed to be on the horizon when she had her last day in '16......but some things just have to change.

Does anyone know where some ladies from Barbs have gone now that the club has closed?  I’m thinking of Annabelle, Juicy, Jessica, Claire, etc.  I’d love to reconnect with them again but don’t have their handles here or on Twitter... 

Juicy is now at the NuDen, daytime Wed and Friday.  

Claire retired from dancing well over a year ago to waitress at the Glue Pot, not sure where she is now.

Carmella danced at both Barb’s and NuDen, continuing now at NuDen.

Katrina is now daytime after 2pm at BareFax.

• Like 2

How about Kate? I met her a week before Barb's closed down (a Thursday night) and had a few dances with her. Absolutely gorgeous and fun to chat with. Love to see her again.  

Kate is now at the nuden, Caucasian blonde/brown hair. Sweet girl

Phoenix as she rises is found at the nuden also, she had mentioned her first day there was Wednesday. Stood out as always. 

Stacey and Nicole also migrated to the nuden. Stacey and Phoenix do a phenomenal duo- dance they become very dominant and enjoy taking control. “ sugar and spice” 

Seven is seen at the nuden.