Popular Advertising Venue - question

I read a person who peruses a popular advertising venue (LL - Leolist) has been experiencing a re-direct when he's on that site. Is this true? I tried to re-create it and I failed. I want to know as that means people are being taken away from the place I pay to advertise. Does that make any sense?

• Like 1

okay so someone else has confirmed this. Apparently my page stays open but there is still a misdirect. (I guess similar to what happens on that blue board). It's a nuisance and a distraction. It also means the money I spend there is not exactly taken into consideration since they make no apologies for taking my money then allowing it to be over-ride with a big paying misdirect to a website. Oh yay...

Just like you all, its a matter of taking money without letting you know how unimportant you are as the next person could be more money. Hmmm

I have a question for providers and clients regarding LeoList as well. 

Providers: Do you receive email inquiries from the contact form on LeoList? I have yet to find a provider who has but many have been told by clients who texted or used their website contact form that they initially tried to go directly thru the LL contact form but didn't receive a reply.

Hobbyists: Have you tried to use the form and if so, did the provider respond to your email?

18 minutes ago, cat said:

Providers: Do you receive email inquiries from the contact form on LeoList? I have yet to find a provider who has but many have been told by clients who texted or used their website contact form that they initially tried to go directly thru the LL contact form but didn't receive a reply.

Hobbyists: Have you tried to use the form and if so, did the provider respond to your email?

Hello cat, yes, I do receive Emails Inquieries from the Contact Forms. I'm not sure how much/often the "Contact Forms" are being used, but I Personally don't like them/don't know what to think of them as of yet. With that being said, I won't Book a Session by the LL Contact Forms. I may respond back,depending but I find there a lot of "BS Inquiries..BS..trying to Book...Same person inquiring but just trying to use different emails or slightly different emails."... So, I just really don't like them and don't use it. My opinion, Texting and Calling is on my list... Emails are okay, but I still want a call to confirm.. 

Cheers Katie xoxo's 👄  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, katie said:

Hello cat, yes, I do receive Emails Inquieries from the Contact Forms. I'm not sure how much/often the "Contact Forms" are being used, but I Personally don't like them/don't know what to think of them as of yet. With that being said, I won't Book a Session by the LL Contact Forms. I may respond back,depending but I find there a lot of "BS Inquiries..BS..trying to Book...Same person inquiring but just trying to use different emails or slightly different emails."... So, I just really don't like them and don't use it. My opinion, Texting and Calling is on my list... Emails are okay, but I still want a call to confirm.. 

Cheers Katie xoxo's 👄  

I agree, it's not for booking purposes but I've spoken with several providers who have had issues where a client repeatedly tries the booking form and eventually gives up. Then at a later date resorts to using the website contact form and the discussion ensues that he had been reaching out, sometimes for months and not getting a response. It means there were missed $ opportunities. Posting a warning in your ad to not use it gets deleted and I'm just curious as to how wide spread it is. 

• Like 1

I turn off the anonymous contact on ll. They can only contact via my phone or email. I did notice that the anon contact generally goes to spam anyways,,so it's turned off.

The anon contact can also used with bogus email accounts, so the trolls send something but because it's a dummy email account, you can't reply.

Is this what you mean?

Yes, it is prone to trolls for sure. I wonder if any Lyla clients have had an issue getting a response from providers if they use it?

6 minutes ago, cat said:

I agree, it's not for booking purposes but I've spoken with several providers who have had issues where a client repeatedly tries the booking form and eventually gives up. Then at a later date resorts to using the website contact form and the discussion ensues that he had been reaching out, sometimes for months and not getting a response. It means there were missed $ opportunities. Posting a warning in your ad to not use it gets deleted and I'm just curious as to how wide spread it is. 

Really, If an Sp says in her Ad that the Contact Form is Disregard, LL takes it out. Interesting to know and hear. If this is something LL does do, then I'm not sure if I agree or like that. With that being said, I certainly don't want Clients to think that they are being Ingnored at all. As that wouldn't be the case for Most trying to Contact or Inquire. I do notice more BS Inquiries on the "Contact Forms"... and some will keeping trying using different Ways ect... That sort of thing just gives me a bad taste and turns me off from them..  

1 hour ago, cat said:

Before I knew that was a thing, I would receive them. But just with the same Hi, Rates, Available? that can easily come through text. I realized there is a setting that you can say yes or no to. You can accept them and they will be sent to your email or you can say No. Since it's no better than simple texts I chose No. So since I didn't know about that option for inquiries, then of course I didn't even know to check email for inquiries.

I never replied. I would have no idea what days or time they were talking about or what city etc. And I rarely check my email anyways. That's why I don't do email contact. I tried it buy no one will follow my instructions to guarantee them an answer 😕

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TorontoMelanieJolliet said:

Before I knew that was a thing, I would receive them. But just with the same Hi, Rates, Available? that can easily come through text. I realized there is a setting that you can say yes or no to. You can accept them and they will be sent to your email or you can say No. Since it's no better than simple texts I chose No. So since I didn't know about that option for inquiries, then of course I didn't even know to check email for inquiries.

I never replied. I would have no idea what days or time they were talking about or what city etc. And I rarely check my email anyways. That's why I don't do email contact. I tried it buy no one will follow my instructions to guarantee them an answer 😕

That is true, it seems that some Cant /Won't follow instructions. With that being said, I sometimes wonder if some can Even Read, Ads aren't usually, just Picture Books. 

Text & Voice are still on top .... 

Katie xoxo's 👄

• Like 2