Fake Lyla accounts ?

Just a a random question.  And I know I will never get the true answer.  How many service providers do you believe have fake accounts on this site and have written their own glowing reviews or comment on public threads to boost their own interests? Have you ever caught anyone doing this? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You know what, I think that's a good question, frederictonman. 

Another question that should follow is, " How many of these Fake Accounts (Posing as Hobbyiest)...Book, Try to Book, or Book a Session and don't show up"?? 

Im Really Glad that I'm not the only 1 .. That has "Wondered"... 

Lyla is a Great Board/Community, I totally Agree. Although, nothing is "Fool Proof" Either. 

If I've ever caught anyone doing this... (What Would I Do) ... Ummm.. .. Report (of course) and Plaster it all over.. (Nasty it may be... but... Not as Nasty as Posing)...(Everything Does Come Out In The Wash,Eventually).. 

Very Very Good Question You Brought Up frederictonman 😉.... 

Your Alone Wondering.....😏

Edited by katie
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When you see months old 5 star recommendations and glowing reviews by members with the bare minimal in term of participation or still moderated, it certainly raise some suspicions. And even more when all their posts are used to bump threads and old recommendations about the same provider.

There many clear rules about this, but enforcement seems to be complicated.

8 minutes ago, vegeta85 said:

That's why I usually don't see a lady unless she has multiple recommendations 

It's not really about the amount of recommendations, but more on who wrote it.

One review from an elite/Senior is worth far more than a dozen reviews from fresh new members. And it's not just the entourage, some providers offer rebates for clients who post favorable reviews/recommendations. 

I seen a post today in discussion that seems a bit off to me. Also, I have noticed a few recos that the account never posted anywhere and yet find the reco section. 

Granted, there are some men who are fans of certain ladies and therfore use the platform only for that reason. Or even a provider can direct them into becoming a memeber. 

Posting involvment is good for everyone. Providers and hobbyiest will benifit from more communication. 

Elite ranks used to be able to see multiplie device/account detection. But now we can not. Which IS a shame! Because its often us who can notice and reconize the posting patterens and can then allow MODS to have a heads up. 

I personally asked MODS to consider making this possiable again. I can see a few I suspect to be either banned memebers sneaked back in and possiable fake hobbiest accounts too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I tend to not post here a lot, except when I want to recommend a girl who has been wonderful to me. Some of us are just not terribly internet-chatty 🙂 It's tough to know a fake from a quiet participant.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, moza70 said:

I tend to not post here a lot, except when I want to recommend a girl who has been wonderful to me. Some of us are just not terribly internet-chatty 🙂 It's tough to know a fake from a quiet participant.

The fakes tend to display a one track mind with most of their comments and recommendations revolving around one or two providers.

I generally only trust recommendations from people who are active in the forum not only posting but likes etc and who have history here.

Just my Opinion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Greenteal said:

members with the bare minimal in term of participation or still moderated, it certainly raise some suspicions. 

Yes, I can see and understand that point of view. Although, there are Members, (Moderated Accounts) that's been on here for a good length of time. Some are just Shy, wanting to join in.... just hasn't taken the 1st Step, Not knowing what or how to say something. They're Here often, just kinda Lurking and Reading...and Some just aren't Internt Chatty (one way of putting it). I can understand that, I've been there Myself. 

I just don't know........Playing Detective, isn't very fun, it's Time Consuming, and gets Tiring.....and the Need Seems to be Increasing.

Why Make Things More Complicated... Idk... But "Some Enjoy it.. Apparently.  😜

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Greenteal said:

some providers offer rebates for clients who post favorable reviews/recommendations. 

You are right Greenteal !! I've personally heard of some offering rebates, special services, just plainly out right asking them to write one or what they'll expect to see... 

To Each Their Own,They Personally Know It's Wrong.... 

7 hours ago, katie said:

Playing Detective, isn't very fun, it's Time Consuming, and gets Tiring.....and the Need Seems to be Increasing.    

Members activity pages makes the detective work quite easy. When you see a dozen comments, recommendations or reactions all gravitating around a single person, the conclusion gets quite obvious.

As for shy members only here to read ads and recommendations, they won't raise suspicions if their limited participation is diverse and doesn't contain recommendations for people with sketchy reputations.

34 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

Members activity pages makes the detective work quite easy. When you see a dozen comments, recommendations or reactions all gravitating around a single person, the conclusion gets quite obvious.

As for shy members only here to read ads and recommendations, they won't raise suspicions if their limited participation is diverse and doesn't contain recommendations for people with sketchy reputations.

That's true, now that this is all being said.. Been noticing very similar... Never really thought one would go to that extreme. 

And ....Agree with with the next one....Sketchy .....😏....

15 hours ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

Elite ranks used to be able to see multiplie device/account detection. But now we can not. Which IS a shame! Because its often us who can notice and reconize the posting patterens and can then allow MODS to have a heads up. 

This would be very true...and the ones that would mostly likely take  notice... 

Your right Sophia .... 

This is all crazy stuff, I really didn't think... this would be done... 😉

1 hour ago, katie said:

That's true, now that this is all being said.. Been noticing very similar... Never really thought one would go to that extreme. 

And ....Agree with with the next one....Sketchy .....😏....

Was only a few weeks ago when me and a few others questioned a new member who was purely here to promote a provider. And instead of proving us wrong, that person went on the offensive and closed the account shortly after.

Even if the provider in question is legit, this is not good publicity. As for extremes, just by reading the warnings threads you can see how this is far from the most fraudulent thing reported on this site.

I think we have all noticed several ladies running multiple add with multiple names.  And I think that like it’s been mentioned some ladies have been making fake account on here and writing glowing reviews for their own self interest.  This hurts both the hobbyist and the lovely ladies who run things on the up and up. 

• Like 3

Keep in mind the multiple account notification system helps to keep that in check.  I believe, and cerbmod  can correct me if I'm wrong, but you'd need both a different computer and a different ISP if a companion was so inclined to run glowing recommendations/reviews about herself.  And to do it for just one recommendation/review might be affordable, to do it to get a lot of recommendations/reviews that's a lot of computers and ISPs to keep changing up.  Stops being profitable

Not saying it can't be done, just is it really worth it

BTW the multiple account notification system has caught suspended/banned former members attempting to rejoin Lyla under a new handle

And back in the day, there were ladies of some agency somewhere who got caught using the same account because of the multiple account notification system

Of course cerbmod can correct me on any part (or all of this) if I'm wrong 

RG

16 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

Keep in mind the multiple account notification system helps to keep that in check.  I believe, and cerbmod  can correct me if I'm wrong, but you'd need both a different computer and a different ISP if a companion was so inclined to run glowing recommendations/reviews about herself. 

Of course cerbmod can correct me on any part (or all of this) if I'm wrong 

RG

Those are the rules on that subject:

A:Multiple Accounts (Or sharing computers) is not permitted unless the accounts are PAID Agency/Spa/Private club Accounts
NOT PERMITTED:

- Customer and SP share computer (This will appear as a SHILL account)
- AGENCY and SP Share a computer (This will appear as a SECOND advertising account)
- GUY and GUY sharing account (Appears as multiple handles - usually up to no good!)
- Banned/Suspended and NEW ACCOUNT (This will add 30 days or more to your suspension time or get your IP banned altogether)
Exceptions..
- Two ladies sharing a computer and they are not an agency (It's best that you let the mod know upfront)
- Visiting ladies who share accommodations (It's best that you let the mod know upfront)
PM the mod for any other situations before setting up two accounts from the same computer.
LADIES and GUYS ---- DO NOT LET OTHER PEOPLE USE YOUR COMPUTER FOR LYLA.COM (If you allow someone to LOG INTO lyla.com using your computer it will FLAG YOUR ACCOUNTS!!!)
Common question I get is "i have more than one agency can i have multiple accounts?" the answer is YES but both accounts will need to purchase advertising here to use lyla.com

Small corrrection. The sharimg between ladies and agencies etc...that paid advertisor part only applies to Ontario and larger cities. NB, NS and PEI are excluded. Due to the fact we have much lighter traffic.

So When I went to work in Ottawa at a spa, MODS put my name in red to show I was working at a comerical spa. But when I returned home it went back to normal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've noticed an explosion of new accounts promoting questionable providers too. Getting difficult to keep track of these new accounts.

However, if you see a possible fake reco, report to @cerbmod for clarification.

A note to those that are creating fake accounts to shill for themselves or their favorite. It will be discovered and it does more harm to your business. So just don't do it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to say there are some like myself who monitor this sit and other sites too but I do not like to participate in these discussions much. I have been a member of this site since 2008 and i have seen many top notch ladies who are members here. I agree  with moza70 and I like to only post when i have had an exceptional time with a SP

• Thanks 2

Mods,

Please bring back the multiple account notifications for elite members to see. This makes everyone accountable whether it’s clients who are banned or harass women here creating new accounts or SPs writing fake recommendations. This worked very well in the past weeding out the undesirables or shill recommendations.  Allowomg people to have anonymous accounts without having to be a member is going to turn into a circus and further drive down the integrity of the board. It’s in everyone’s best interest. Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

A red flag for me is when an account is very new with no recommendations or posts besides the one for a new service provider.  For example, if an SP has just started posting in the city or is new to the city, and the same day a “new” account here on LYLA posts a recommendation for said SP.  I have also noticed that a new account will leave (sometimes) contradictory reviews when compared to a review by an established member.  In that case I  go with the established member’s review and tread carefully.  Hasn’t fainted me yet.  Those with terrible service and con artists are getting smarter and I honestly think that they are starting to deceive those of us on this site who want not only a positive experience but also a safe and legitimate provider.  Just my two cents.  Take care!

Edited by jeffmac1984
Error
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a few comments from a VERY long term member with practically no posts on the boards.

1. Some of us read, but dont openly comment.  Someone with a lot of posts is less likely a fake as it would be a long time building a rep and not worth the effort unless you were an agent with multiple girls spanning years.  But having little post count is perhaps a yellow flag... not a red one.

2. A relatively new account always posting  / relying about the same SP is not a true indication of a fake account.  Many members start out, find this site, find an SP, have a good time and return to the same SP rather than risk a new one.  If they dont go often they could easily go a year+, only knowing that one SP.  Thus any comments / experience wise would be about her.  This would not be a rare scenario.

3. Faking accounts would not require mutiple PCs  / ISPs to go undetected from the "accounts from same computer" tracking.  A simple VPN service which many people use would be all you need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1