Newbie looking around, still has questions

Ok so I'll give a bit of background first. Many years ago, I tried to get into the business with a friend and we did a terrible job of screening clients which got me into some trouble and caused me a lot of apprehension about trying again but this time I'd like to do it right. I've read all the screening tips but my question is: how much info does an SP give a client in return? More so thinking about identity questions. IF I'm asking for ID and a valid phone number, how do you deal with clients who want the same? I have a texting app to keep my business endeavours off my personal number, do clients try to look that stuff up too? Since I'm new(ish), I don't have a reputation yet or any way to confirm that I'm trustworthy and I'm worried that would deter decent clients.

My other question is for advice on where to advertise for Southern Ontario? I hear leolist has a bad rep. 

Really sorry if this is in the wrong spot or already asked... I've been reading the site for a while and did my best to research before posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LillithAstera said:

Ok so I'll give a bit of background first. Many years ago, I tried to get into the business with a friend and we did a terrible job of screening clients which got me into some trouble and caused me a lot of apprehension about trying again but this time I'd like to do it right. I've read all the screening tips but my question is: how much info does an SP give a client in return? More so thinking about identity questions. IF I'm asking for ID and a valid phone number, how do you deal with clients who want the same? I have a texting app to keep my business endeavours off my personal number, do clients try to look that stuff up too? Since I'm new(ish), I don't have a reputation yet or any way to confirm that I'm trustworthy and I'm worried that would deter decent clients.

My other question is for advice on where to advertise for Southern Ontario? I hear leolist has a bad rep. 

Really sorry if this is in the wrong spot or already asked... I've been reading the site for a while and did my best to research before posting.

Well first the reason you are screening potential clients is for your safety and security.  It's not a tit for tat "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" And potential clients are the ones seeking you out (they initiated contact with you, you didn't contact them)  So someone asking for your ID etc is contacting you for your personal info.

What you should reveal and this is JMO is what you would like revealed in your profile/ads/website. Your personal info is not part of that.  If a potential client doesn't want to be screened and give his personal info then decline to see him as a client.  And reiterating, he contacted you. So he must be interested in seeing you.

As for advertising sites. First Lyla has a section in each province/city where you can post your schedules and announcements.  I've heard of Leol List and VIP Favours (both have ad banners on the right of Lyla's page) Also a lot of companions and clients are on Twitter and use that for networking/business too. And getting involved on Lyla as well (not just posting ads but other forums too (General Discussion Area etc) gets you noticed.

Anyhow a couple quick thoughts.  I'm sure others, especially ladies will have opinions on screening and getting noticed

Good Luck

RG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Well first the reason you are screening potential clients is for your safety and security.  It's not a tit for tat "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" And potential clients are the ones seeking you out (they initiated contact with you, you didn't contact them)  So someone asking for your ID etc is contacting you for your personal info.

What you should reveal and this is JMO is what you would like revealed in your profile/ads/website. Your personal info is not part of that.  If a potential client doesn't want to be screened and give his personal info then decline to see him as a client.  And reiterating, he contacted you. So he must be interested in seeing you.

As for advertising sites. First Lyla has a section in each province/city where you can post your schedules and announcements.  I've heard of Leol List and VIP Favours (both have ad banners on the right of Lyla's page) Also a lot of companions and clients are on Twitter and use that for networking/business too. And getting involved on Lyla as well (not just posting ads but other forums too (General Discussion Area etc) gets you noticed.

Anyhow a couple quick thoughts.  I'm sure others, especially ladies will have opinions on screening and getting noticed

Good Luck

RG

I will definitely be screening. I know why it's important and I seem to have a typo in my OP that might indicate otherwise but I just more want to know how exactly to deal with any push back (examples of particular phrases and wording that I could use). I'm certain I will come across some men who will try to hassle me about asking for their ID by asking the same of me, which obviously, I would not want to do. I just also want to be able to handle those situations in a professional manner. Whether I see them or not, I'd rather not respond rashly. Technically you gave me something I can say, although I'm not sure it was intentional lol

I checked out the section for my city on this site and it seems it is not used much at all so I'm certain I won't get much business from Lyla itself. I'll definitely still try posting an ad anyways. I will check out VIP favours tonight though. Thank you for your kind response!

=^_^=

Edited by LillithAstera

On 2/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, LillithAstera said:

I have a texting app to keep my business endeavours off my personal number, do clients try to look that stuff up too? 

Yes some of us look that up to, but not in the sense that we want to find out who you are exactly, moreso because it allows the communication to stay off the electronic phone bill.  Not sure what app you use but some of us use apps that have the same exact number as our phone. Meaning, the moment we put you in as an actual contact, you also appear in the desired app we use, giving us the reciprocative comfort.  Some apps don’t do that and cause SPs/MAs some worry, as it does us too, maybe.  Good luck this second time round.

Edited by Hukupp
Typo
  • Like 1

I agree with Roaming Guy ... hit the nail on the head.

Don't give clients any personal info that's not how this business works and if they are asking it's a red light for me.  If client says "do I get your info in return" Just say no that's not how this business works and explain that you need his info strictly for screening and without completing your screening you can't meet him.

You will build a reputation over time but being on Lyla is a good way to start. I also recommend a website as a good way to build a business identity ... Twitter is also excellent for this.

There are many ladies on here who can give you the best advice and I am sure some will DM you rather then post on here.

You Just my Opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1