22 minutes ago, PeterConrad said:

How can I get past the "*NEW ACCOUNT* (Moderated Member)" stage? 🙂

I thought you might be in a situation like Greenteal pointed out in his answer, but I see from looking at your profile you have 28 posts.  Unless there is something I'm not seeing you shouldn't be a New Account (Moderated Member).  What I would suggest is send a PM to cerbmod and ask him to fix your status...it could just be a glitch in the system, nothing to take personally.  I know when I came back to Lyla (and again posting...much to Lyla's chagrin LOL) it showed me "account not active".  It was quickly fixed after a PM to cerbmod

Good Luck

RG

1 hour ago, PeterConrad said:

I tried that a couple weeks ago, no luck. Any other suggestions?

You might have 35 posts but most of them are  "anyone have any info on xyz?" or "I'm interested too!" and the rest are you wanting to know why you're still moderated. Try adding something more substantial to the community, you're not the only one with over 5 posts who is still tagged as new,  they seem to be looking for more then just sheer post numbers now which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. There's been a massive influx of new accounts in the last year or 2 and most of them add nothing. The endless stream of "any info" posts is annoying, that's not what the board was founded for.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, status4 said:

You might have 35 posts but most of them are  "anyone have any info on xyz?" or "I'm interested too!" and the rest are you wanting to know why you're still moderated. Try adding something more substantial to the community, you're not the only one with over 5 posts who is still tagged as new,  they seem to be looking for more then just sheer post numbers now which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. There's been a massive influx of new accounts in the last year or 2 and most of them add nothing. The endless stream of "any info" posts is annoying, that's not what the board was founded for.

I'd assume there are thousands of members on this board. Does someone actually follow the posts of every single member, reading them all, in order to determine if the content of their posts is worthy of removing the rank of new member? If so, why does it suggest on the linked thread above that "Note that your first 5 to 10 posts will be moderated (Will require the moderators here to read and approve them first) this stops spammers, abuse and much of the negative slander that we do not allow here. It can take up to 24 hours excluding weekends and holidays to approve your posts so please hang tight."

Why doesn't it state that 35+ posts will be moderated if they're not worthy of removing this rank, and until it is, then you will remain listed as a new member? Also even though it states that I'm a moderated member, my posts appear immediately now, so I'm not sure why it still states that I'm a moderated member. 

As for the 'any info' posts, I'm not sure why you'd suggest it doesn't add any benefit to the board. It generates discussion and feedback on SPs to help other members decide who they should visit. It seems to me that's most of the point of this board. It's helped me decide to visit the last two that I have visited. 

What more substantial would you suggest I should add?

On 3/22/2019 at 8:25 PM, status4 said:

I'm pretty sure nobody's doing this by hand. The mods have a million and one better things to do. There are a few things that are done by hand (e.g. 'Verified Independent' for providers) but the 'new/general/senior/elite/whatever member' isn't one of them.

I suspect what's going on is that there used to be an automated process for this, and it has stopped working for some reason and now everyone's stuck where they were when it stopped. Maybe the mods will fix it, maybe they won't... but please bear in mind that it's purely cosmetic and only ever reflected how long you'd been on the board and your post count. I don't think anyone's making any judgements about people based on it.

• Thanks 1