Please Help....Need Some Opinions

Hello , I am looking for some advice and help with my piece of mind. Soni hope this wont be to long of a read. But please bare with me.  A few days ago I went to a sp that offered a great massage and happy ending. I am not normally one to see so very often. But this lady had some great reviews and indecided to give it a try mostly due to the massage aspect. After about a 45 minute massage she rolled me over and put a condom on me and then applied some lube to the condom. She  then put some kind of massage machine sex toy onto my penis and turned it on. It felt great. It was some type of cup that fit snugly over my penis and about only the top 2 to 3 inches of it. Not the hole thing at all. It was only on me for maybe 1 minute tops.   Once I was done she then pulled it off. As well.as the condom and cleaned me off using baby wipes.   Now for what ever reason I have it in my head that I could have contracted HIV from the provider using the sex toy on me.  That perhaps it was uncleaned after she used it on her last client and I could have been exposed to the virus that way even though I was wearing a condom.  Now I know none of us are probably doctors. And I know some people will just simple say get tested. But I'm an anxious type of person. And I am just looking for some opinions as to what the chances are or odds that I could have contracted HIV from the massage tool on my penis.  I am so very worried it almost makes me sick. What are peoples thoughts on my chances of catching HIV from the inside of the machine. I know the virus can not life long outside of the body at all. And the machine wasnt used at all in the last few hours at all. Inwas wearing a condom. And it was lubed. Any thoughts... thank you very much. 

46 minutes ago, lookingforsome said:

...my piece {peace} of mind. Soni {So I?} hope this wont be to {too} long of a read. But please bare {bear} with me.  

Okay, now that I've responded to your inauspicious start..... simply do a little research on reputable health sites on HIV. This should set your mind at ease. I have the sense that your acitivities may be bringing you more worry than joy and they shouldn't.

My initial thought was to assure you that you've clearly had HIV for quite some time and that it's first and primary symptom, an addled brain, was evident.

Condoms are a simple, effective first step. Chillax man!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, waterat said:

Okay, now that I've responded to your inauspicious start..... simply do a little research on reputable health sites on HIV. This should set your mind at ease. I have the sense that your acitivities may be bringing you more worry than joy and they shouldn't.

My initial thought was to assure you that you've clearly had HIV for quite some time and that it's first and primary symptom, an addled brain, was evident.

Condoms are a simple, effective first step. Chillax man!

Typing on my small cell phone combined with horrible auto correct , as well as my altered mental state is not a good combination for clear communication.  Let me say . First , I have no proof that there was any contamination in the device. I would think the so cleans it regularly. Second,  I know it's unlikely that the last person that it was used on had HIV.  Also I'm sure she uses condoms for each and every guy.  And lastly.  You are correct.  I seem to be unable to enjoy these types of encounters anymore due to down right fear for some odd reason. So am I understanding that you are SUGGESTING that my encounter with the massage machine with a condom on is very unlikely to have contracted the virus ?  Thanks 

From what you described, there doesn't seem to have been any direct contacts between your penis and toy/fleshlight (or else).

If that was the case, the chances of infection are very low and borderline inexistant.

I personally wouldn't lose sleep over it.

I'm only responding so Greenteal doesn't get 'the last word in'. Yes. I would be very confident you're clean and safe, in fact I would bet more than a year's worth of SP, MA, Dancer visits that you're fine.

• Like 1

But so waterat doesn't get the last word in 😂 if you really want to put your mind at ease, go to a clinic and get STD/STI tested.  Something that is good practice to do regardless of this lifestyle

A last word rambling till the next last word comes in

RG

• Like 2

Where I live there are no clinics. You have to go to your family doctors and get tested. After 2 to 3 months. So I was looking for opinions on the likely hood of infection from the above for mentioned situation.  Thanks

Edited by lookingforsome

Let me put in the last word because Greenteal, roamingguy, waterat are absolutely right the chance of you having anything is so minuscule that you should not worry about it.  I used to get tested every 3 months and I never got anything now I only go twice a year.

There are no clinics in my town either but I make a trip to Ottawa to get it done. 

• Like 1

Posting just to annoy everyone else who thought they were getting the last word :)

Yeah, what they said. I wouldn't worry about this, provided the condom didn't break. One would hope that toys would be thoroughly cleaned in between clients, too.

• Like 1

Let's add some numbers to give real meaning to "minuscule".

If you let a man who was HIV+ ejaculate in your ass, the risk of you becoming HIV+ would be 0.1%. That is, you'd be infected only one out of a thousand times doing that.

Now let's add condom usage, reducing the risk of infection by 98%: so now we are down to a one in 50,000 chance,

But that's assuming that you actually were exposed in that way to semen from someone who was HIV+. What are the odds that this wand actually had semen on it at all? First, we have to work out the odds it wasn't cleaned, which can only be a guesstimate - let's say it is cleaned 9 times out of 10, which seems insultingly low to the spa. In that case the risk is now down to one out of 500,000.

But THAT is just the risk of semen at all, so we need the odds that that semen came from someone HIV+. That percentage varies depending where you are in the country, but nationwide the rate is about 0.17%. Roughly speaking, we are now at odds of one in 30,000,000.

Even then it takes very unusual conditions for the HIV virus to survive outside the body - being at room temperature, for example, makes it unlikely to survive very long. Again hard to work out, but let's wildly exaggerate the risk that this other person somehow ejaculated onto the wand (causing us to wonder why the SP didn't make him wear a condom as well) and that that happened recently enough for this to become the first recorded case ever of anyone becoming infected by HIV being left on an inanimate plastic object for some period of time: let's say that's one in a thousand, but honestly I think the odds against it are ridiculously higher than that. But going with that number, the risk has now become one in 30,000,000,000.

And still we are wildly over-estimating the odds, because HIV is not that easily gotten into someone's body. Basically the SP could have given you a handjob using HIV+ semen as lube, and you would still have had no risk of infection unless you had a small cut on your penis allowing the virus to enter your system. What are the odds you have a cut like that which you don't know about? I'm going to guess pretty small - maybe one in a thousand? So now the odds are one in 30,000,000,000,000.

It sounds to me like the odds are in the range of thirty quadrillion to one against you having contracted HIV. Unless, that is, the odds are literally 0% because you don't have a cut on your penis. It would make more sense to worry that the International Space Station will randomly explode and a tiny piece of it will fly to earth and hit you than to worry about that encounter with an SP.

Edited by dread pirate roberts
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dread pirate roberts said:

Let's add some numbers to give real meaning to "minuscule".

If you let a man who was HIV+ ejaculate in your ass, the risk of you becoming HIV+ would be 0.1%. That is, you'd be infected only one out of a thousand times doing that.

Now let's add condom usage, reducing the risk of infection by 98%: so now we are down to a one in 50,000 chance,

But that's assuming that you actually were exposed in that way to semen from someone who was HIV+. What are the odds that this wand actually had semen on it at all? First, we have to work out the odds it wasn't cleaned, which can only be a guesstimate - let's say it is cleaned 9 times out of 10, which seems insultingly low to the spa. In that case the risk is now down to one out of 500,000.

But THAT is just the risk of semen at all, so we need the odds that that semen came from someone HIV+. That percentage varies depending where you are in the country, but nationwide the rate is about 0.17%. Roughly speaking, we are now at odds of one in 30,000,000.

Even then it takes very unusual conditions for the HIV virus to survive outside the body - being at room temperature, for example, makes it unlikely to survive very long. Again hard to work out, but let's wildly exaggerate the risk that this other person somehow ejaculated onto the wand (causing us to wonder why the SP didn't make him wear a condom as well) and that that happened recently enough for this to become the first recorded case ever of anyone becoming infected by HIV being left on an inanimate plastic object for some period of time: let's say that's one in a thousand, but honestly I think the odds against it are ridiculously higher than that. But going with that number, the risk has now become one in 30,000,000,000.

And still we are wildly over-estimating the odds, because HIV is not that easily gotten into someone's body. Basically the SP could have given you a handjob using HIV+ semen as lube, and you would still have had no risk of infection unless you had a small cut on your penis allowing the virus to enter your system. What are the odds you have a cut like that which you don't know about? I'm going to guess pretty small - maybe one in a thousand? So now the odds are one in 30,000,000,000,000.

It sounds to me like the odds are in the range of thirty quadrillion to one against you having contracted HIV. Unless, that is, the odds are literally 0% because you don't have a cut on your penis. It would make more sense to worry that the International Space Station will randomly explode and a tiny piece of it will fly to earth and hit you than to worry about that encounter with an SP.

Thanks. That was one of the most enjoyable posts I've read in a long time. 

The very first stat you quoted, 0.1% risk with unprotected anal sex, is interesting. Seems low at first glance. How did HIV spread so widely then? High frequency of contact?

" The very first stat you quoted, 0.1% risk with unprotected anal sex, is interesting. Seems low at first glance. How did HIV spread so widely then? High frequency of contact? "

I don't know, but if you figure hundreds of thousands of unprotected sex acts before the risk was known, even a rate of one in a thousand leads to a pretty high absolute number, and then that has an exponential effect.

8 hours ago, dread pirate roberts said:

That seems like a serious lowballing of the risk to me. I'd be interested to know where you got that information. The CDC calls it at somewhat more than an order of magnitude higher - see https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html

Even then it takes very unusual conditions for the HIV virus to survive outside the body - being at room temperature, for example, makes it unlikely to survive very long.

Yes, that's something I forgot to mention yesterday... HIV is a very fragile thing and it dies rapidly if it gets too hot or cold, or dries out, or the pH of its environment isn't right. This isn't like the common cold virus, which can last for days on a doorknob.

To address something directly relevant to this thread, the CDC page above rates the risk of HIV transmission through sharing sex toys (which is what we're talking about here) as 'negligible'.

Basically the SP could have given you a handjob using HIV+ semen as lube, and you would still have had no risk of infection unless you had a small cut on your penis allowing the virus to enter your system.

Wrong.

Direct contact between bodily fluids is required for the virus to be transferred; direct access to the bloodstream is not.

• Thanks 1

If you were wearing a condom, the chances of this are so rare, the odds are almost non-existent. 

Also,  you have to keep in mind that most sex workers aren’t dirty as some would be believe. You would be surprised at how many guys out there who want a BJ without protection and worry about it after they’ve gotten what they wanted and THEN ask the provider is she clean? How about the client?  The fact that you took precautions by wearing a condom is being responsible so kudos to you for that.

Most providers who are educated about STDs are very vigilant about cleaning things such as toys. Many use condoms on them and also clean them after. I understand you have concerns but if you were wearing a condom, you are safe. I think at this point, you are making yourself worry for nothing. Is there a deeper matter you are concerned about?

• Like 4

I did a quick Google search - I don’t think this was the source of “1 in 1000” that I stated, but it was something like this:

https://www.poz.com/article/HIV-risk-25382-5829

I’m not looking to spread misinformation - just putting OP’s mind at ease. Let’s assume I was wrong by a factor of 30. That would still leave one in a quadrillion odds, so OP should not worry.