18 minutes ago, vegeta85 said:

What's happening to leolist ?

This thread explains well the situation.:

Good Morning,😘 Yes.. Everything is going to Heelllll on LL. This all Happened in What 1 Day? .. 😬.. 

Unreal... What a Darn Night... I guess, Everyone gets Ready... (Some have been up All Night.. Working on this, and Preparing... 

PS: (I really like this one .. I'm using it again) 

image.gif

Is always going to happen. Cl, then BP and now LL. As long as greed worms his ugly head into our advertising sites it will be just a fact of life. 

A site suddenly gets to a milti million level, someone ( in this case another SW) decides to take it down. Why? Well. To hooefully creat something to fill that void and eventually cash in as well. Or its a anti SW trying to save the wrold ( last time was a sherif in US. ) 

Now this one, claims she wants to get rid of #digitalpimps ...hummm...wonder if her motives are so pure? 

Just other day on Twitter some of us were saying we should all pick a day and boycott LL province by province to send them the message that we can not be gouged any longer. 

We survived CL and BP shut downs, we will survive and evlove from this too. 

PLEASE GENTS....reach out to your ladies and reassure them you are able to stay in touch with them. Many will be very worried that they are loosing thier means to support themseleves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

PLEASE GENTS....reach out to your ladies and reassure them you are able to stay in touch with them.

No worries Sophia, already have,

Sucks that this is happening but as you say it’s happened before it will happen again. Rest assured though that if LL gets shut down there will be somewhere else that everyone will gravitate to until that gets shut down and the cycle repeats..

Edited by zoneman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, zoneman said:

No worries Sophia, already have,

Sucks that this is happening but as you say it’s happened before it will happen again. Rest assured though that if LL gets shut down there will be somewhere else that everyone will gravitate to until that gets shut down and the cycle repeats..

Thats good of you zoneman. 😘

• Like 2

always a big impact on the smaller towns where not a lot of ladies are available, nor are they fully aware of sites like this. 

I've mentioned it to Sps i've met, but I understand it is one more thing to have to worry about, and because of the lack of participation in the local forum, it doesn't prove to be a great place to find all who are available.

i am sure we all are thankful for the heads up

Quite soon those ads won't be allowed in any mainstream classified websites. Like it or not, this seems to be the new reality.

Kijiji and a few others still allow advertisements for RMT's. But if too many MA's and SP's abuse those(like happened on CL), therapeutic and miscellaneous services categories will also completely disappear.

Other than message boards, personal websites will remain the only advertisement methods.

LeoList is the only site I am familiar with, is there any other sites SPs can recommend for us gentlemen to look in case the site does get shut down? 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, FunGuy75 said:

LeoList is the only site I am familiar with, is there any other sites SPs can recommend for us gentlemen to look in case the site does get shut down? 

Thanks

To clear any confusion, Leolist is NOT closing. The website is currently going through a change in ownership. And with it, a change in payment method. As few indies will want to convert to Bitcoin to maintain their membership, you can expect many will leave the website. It's not the end of the world, but we'll see many of them migrate somewhere else. It's still not clear where that will be or if the end of classifieds as we know it.

Whatever happen, you can be sure we'll learn it here.

42 minutes ago, FunGuy75 said:

Thanks

There are soooo many other sites. You just have to google us.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FunGuy75 said:

Thanks

Read my orginal post. I gave other sites to find us on. I also explained that its important to 1. Advertisers utilize as many sites as they can. 2. When us ladies as where you seen our ads, please say which site you found us on.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

Is always going to happen. Cl, then BP and now LL. As long as greed worms his ugly head into our advertising sites it will be just a fact of life. 

A site suddenly gets to a milti million level, someone ( in this case another SW) decides to take it down. Why? Well. To hooefully creat something to fill that void and eventually cash in as well. Or its a anti SW trying to save the wrold ( last time was a sherif in US. ) 

Now this one, claims she wants to get rid of #digitalpimps ...hummm...wonder if her motives are so pure? 

Just other day on Twitter some of us were saying we should all pick a day and boycott LL province by province to send them the message that we can not be gouged any longer. 

We survived CL and BP shut downs, we will survive and evlove from this too. 

PLEASE GENTS....reach out to your ladies and reassure them you are able to stay in touch with them. Many will be very worried that they are loosing thier means to support themseleves.

Very important. Thank you!!

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, ladies you are missing the point. 

We are the few, advertising on leoslist ( backpage, craigslist) of our own free will. 

It was inevitable, and actually right, that every major credit card, refused service. 

Done....

Leoslist is still there. Time to learn about bitcoin, litecoin... 

My question is.... Can a legitimate company exist on virtual currency? 

Sacha 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sacha said:

We are the few, advertising on leoslist ( backpage, craigslist) of our own free will. 

It was inevitable, and actually right, that every major credit card, refused service. 

Done....

Sacha 

If we follow the patteren of what happened to BP, eventually it will just fall even with bitcoin. Someone is going to come along and make something again, to fill the void of convient ways to pay. Bitcoins require lot more leg work, higher exchange rates and well its a bitch for most to figure out as well. 

Someone pointes out today, $20 BTC was $8 bucks .. Ouch. 

• Like 2

You missed my point. 

Major credit cards, have refused to profit from businesses like leoslist. 

I understand that I am in the minority and I offer my services of my own free will. 

My question is, the new owner of leoslist, is only excepting virtual currency. 

Can a company survive, accepting virtual imcome? But must pay employees, with real currency? 

• Like 1

So this fear is all over LL switching to bitcoin?  Although I am not completely familular with bitcoin myself, something tells me this may not be a completely horrible move. Especially for this industry. Yes the switch will be a bitch and there may be a few things to learn, but in the end this could actually be a much safer exchange for us all. Possibly. No more credit card statements concerned with being found, and i am pretty sure they have machines you can pull the money from. Although the exchange part of things would confuse things quite a bit. I am also a fan of sticking it to the major banks when possible. I havent used it myself yet but seems I may have to research it a bit more now just in case. I always have and always will prefer the old school method of things 😉

My heart does go out to those effected by such a sudden decision. Perhaps i should be cautious having an opinion while not having the experiance conducting business this way, but figured i would share my thoughts...

Edited by Kitten
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seriously? 

Every major credit card company has refused service to leoslist. 

They feel and understandably so, these sites are fundamentally used to traffic women. 

My question is...can a company survive in a global economy with revenue generated from virtual currency? 

Eventually, don't they have pay employees with real money? 

• Thanks 1

Virtual currancy is definately a bit tricky that way but things change. Especially in todays tech direction. The unforunate part here is consentual and non-consentual services failing to be seperated and allowing beautiful free creatures like ourselves to be targetted. The ability to adapt is how one survives. Just my opinion...

• Thanks 2

as I read this...I wonder don't you SP's have contacts that know how to set up a site like this...perhaps if you guys were to organize yourselves...start you own site. a site for SP's owned by SP's.  But I can almost assure you like Lady Sophia has said greed will rise up and take over what ever is next.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sacha said:

Done....

Sacha 

4 hours ago, sacha said:

You missed my point. 

Major credit cards, have refused to profit from businesses like leoslist. 

I understand that I am in the minority and I offer my services of my own free will. 

My question is, the new owner of leoslist, is only excepting virtual currency. 

Can a company survive, accepting virtual imcome? But must pay employees, with real currency? 

2 hours ago, sacha said:

Seriously? 

Every major credit card company has refused service to leoslist. 

They feel and understandably so, these sites are fundamentally used to traffic women. 

My question is...can a company survive in a global economy with revenue generated from virtual currency? 

Eventually, don't they have pay employees with real money? 

Unfortunately, I beleive Your "Missing Some of The Others Points".. 

And Actually, Worrying About Weather the Company Can or Will Survive Due to "Virtual Currency" ..... Truthfully I really Don't Care.... Weather it Can or Will  Survive.. . 😉... Others Will Replace It. 

In My Opinion, I'm Quite Sure A lot Are Worrying Of How This Will/Is Affecting Ones Ability To Provide.. Keep Providing For Themselves and Family.

"There Are Quite A Few Service Providers... This is "Their Bread & Butter... " 

So I Do Apologize If Im Sounding Hard... 😋.. ... There Are Many, Trying To Find Alternative Sites. Then, Still Worry.. Weather Their Needed Quota .. Will Be There...  

"Virtual Currency".. Would Be The Farthest Worry For Many... 

My Opinion 😏

xoxo's 💋

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, katie said:

Unfortunately, I beleive Your "Missing Some of The Others Points".. 

And Actually, Worrying About Weather the Company Can or Will Survive Due to "Virtual Currency" ..... Truthfully I really Don't Care.... Weather it Can or Will  Survive.. . 😉... Others Will Replace It. 

In My Opinion, I'm Quite Sure A lot Are Worrying Of How This Will/Is Affecting Ones Ability To Provide.. Keep Providing For Themselves and Family.

"There Are Quite A Few Service Providers... This is "Their Bread & Butter... " 

So I Do Apologize If Im Sounding Hard... 😋.. ... There Are Many, Trying To Find Alternative Sites. Then, Still Worry.. Weather Their Needed Quota .. Will Be There...  

"Virtual Currency".. Would Be The Farthest Worry For Many... 

My Opinion 😏

xoxo's 💋

Very valid, and for myself I always have a stash of bitcoins. 

However, wondering how I claim that on my taxes as expenses leaves me puzzled. Believe it, I pay taxes as Sophia. 

So with out having advertising  as proper expense sheet, I will be missing one of the biggest aspects of my business! 

This IS my career. 

I honestly feel we will evolve! And thats a good thing! Rough times ahead...probably. And if its bitcoin all the way, well I will see what CRA has to say about it lol. 

• Thanks 1