Tell me what you think.

I prepaid to visit an SP I've never seen before. She tells me to text or message the night before for locations information. I text at 830p and message at 9p. Appointment is 9a the next day. I'm up at 630a, no text, check again at 7 and 730 nothing. At an hour and half ahead of an appointment booked a week earlier I assume she double booked or who knows what. I move on to focus on other things. She texts at 745a and again at 830a which I don't hear. I miss the appointment.

Looking to re-book she wants another full fee deposit.

As long as you're certain that you followed the booking procedure she gave you, I'd just forget her and move on. No need to throw good money after bad. There are plenty of other providers out there.

But make sure you did do what you were supposed to, because otherwise it's your own fault :)

It appears as though your slip up was in not hearing her texts..... I often miss texts (don't have phone with me, don't hear them, don't tend to check my phone frequently etc.) so if you're anticipating communication for a prepaid visit it's obviously important to be attentive to your phone. I've never been asked to prepay for a visit - I would only prepay if it were a provider that I already knew well and had visited numerous times and I can't imagine any of them would ever ask me to prepay.

I agree with Phaedrus' advice: best to move on.

7 hours ago, drakas said:

It sounds like I'm more at fault for not paying closer attention to my phone?

I don't think so. If she asked you to text the evening before for directions, I'd have expected to get them the same evening. Or at least a reply. 9pm isn't unduly late.

• Like 2

I think both sides could have done better on this one. She said she would text the location the night before. She didn’t. You have a 9 am appt and somehow didn’t see the texts? If I had a 9 am appt I wouldn’t stop looking at my phone at 7:30 . 

Edited by Hukupp
Worthwhile edit
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, drakas said:

Tell me what you think.

I prepaid to visit an SP I've never seen before. She tells me to text or message the night before for locations information. I text at 830p and message at 9p. Appointment is 9a the next day. I'm up at 630a, no text, check again at 7 and 730 nothing. At an hour and half ahead of an appointment booked a week earlier I assume she double booked or who knows what. I move on to focus on other things. She texts at 745a and again at 830a which I don't hear. I miss the appointment.

So the appointment to give you location details for the appointment is a flop. You prepaid, never seen her before, don't try to text again the morning of, and find distractions 1 and half hours ahead of the actual appointment time. Did I read this right?

Now you want to bring up the old 'I assume she double booked' (cuz that happens all the time when a prepaid appointment is on the schedule) as a way to remind other pooners the awful things a SW can do to you. Cuz that old double-booked thing has become less discussed in recent times?

Haters Haterade GIF - Haters Haterade Gonna GIFs

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TorontoMelanieJolliet said:

So the appointment to give you location details for the appointment is a flop. You prepaid, never seen her before, don't try to text again the morning of, and find distractions 1 and half hours ahead of the actual appointment time. Did I read this right?

Now you want to bring up the old 'I assume she double booked' (cuz that happens all the time when a prepaid appointment is on the schedule) as a way to remind other pooners the awful things a SW can do to you. Cuz that old double-booked thing has become less discussed in recent times?

Haters Haterade GIF - Haters Haterade Gonna GIFs

Looks like holleration too!

• Like 1

Well, I see it as water under the bridge at this point, I really only ask here because I still have quite mixed feelings about it.

22 hours ago, drakas said:

It sounds like I'm more at fault for not paying closer attention to my phone?

It's not about 'fault' being assigned - doing that isn't going to fix the situation nor prevent it from happening again. And yes, you need to pay attention to your phone. She did attempt to contact you twice the morning of the appointment and perhaps she's not an early riser - hence the timing.  Did she actually send you the location/address? Many providers only provide a general location or intersection via text and then give details through a phone conversation. 

I've no idea where you're messaging from nor how long you've been seeing sex workers but you've only been on this board for a little over a week so I'm not sure what other suggestions to make. I'm certain there is not a single SP across the country who has not had to deal with 'no-shows', time-wasters and address collectors and in some cities it is reported to be worse than others - I'm in Ottawa and a few years back we had a bad rep for being no-shows - by which I mean not prepaid but an appointment reserved and then no client showing up: hence this SP asking for prepayment. 

I used to travel into the city from some distance out in the country so had to ensure the SP I was visiting provided a general location early enough that I could arrive at the arranged time. 

5 hours ago, drakas said:

...... I really only ask here because I still have quite mixed feelings about it.

Are the mixed feelings about feeling ripped off? Or that you still are intrigued to see her? If the first, forget it and move on. If the latter see below.

On 6/2/2019 at 12:39 PM, drakas said:

...... at 745a and again at 830a which I don't hear. I miss the appointment.

It seems clear to me that she was available to see you. If you're over the issue of having paid fully for a missed appointment then recognize that standard practice in your city/province may be for a full fee deposit.... though I still defer to Phaedrus' earlier suggestion.

• Like 1

I have to admit it's pretty hot that she took (stole?) my money like that without any remorse... lol.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:22 AM, clearbluesky15 said:

I'd also recommend avoiding pre-paid SPs (unless you've seen them before), and if you change your mind about an appointment (bad vibe, or not in a good mental space for an appointment), cancel, preferably well in advance.

Um... no. If you decide that you want to bail because you think it's a scam or something, that's one thing - but if you decide to cancel because you're not in the mood, you owe her a cancellation fee.

As for the main point of this thread: if I'm asked to text for location the night before, I'll do that, but I'd expect a response the night before too. The provider sets the schedule for these things, and having done so she has a responsibility to keep to it. If she can't do that... well, some folks might be OK with it, but I wouldn't be.

• Like 1

To be clear I was joking about the money being stolen. That was my silly fantasy: punish the naughty hot thief, etc. She's not a thief, these circumstances are not that.

When I started this thread I was looking to hear exactly what Phaedrus's opinion is. It's most near to what I felt happened to me. With time, a different play date later, and having reflected on the responses. I've concluded by reminding myself that:

a) Any Sp is basically free to do whatever they want, the money is merely a part of starting an opportunity, it's not a contract that something has to happen. In this case I can't know what she may have had to arrange, do or prepay for ahead of the appointment. Providers make this very clear: don't waste their time.

b) I'm stupid for not being glued to my phone or texting or calling her more. If I wanted this as much then as I say I did now I had to have made it happen.

c) I was most upset about having missed the opportunity to see her, that doesn't need to be permanent, life goes on, etc, etc.

Edited by drakas
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Agreed... intent was to cancel within the agreed timeframe or pay the fee... thought that went without saying.

I know you know. Just wanted to make it clear, because unfortunately not everyone reading understands this :)

It is up to the client to check their phones/devices for whatever messaging system a provider is utilizing.

As for me, I got sick and tired of the bs serial ‘book a time and have no intention of showing up’ scenario.

We all know those guys.

I have directly in my ads now that I ask for a small deposit as a way to dismiss intentional no shows/no calls.

I don’t double book, I set my time for you which means I can’t book someone else for that time.

The deposit I ask for covers the cancellation fee should you need to cancel for any reason, or can be used as deposit for a reschedule. 

If I cancel, however, the deposit is fully refunded to the client, as the client shouldn’t be punished if I can’t make it.

Read providers ads and/or websites very carefully as usually the policies are there for you to see.

I do discuss this with every client.

Basically, don’t waste my time.

A small deposit is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

• Like 4

For me I don’t prepay,  I’ve had a SP have to cancel last minute and the ladies I’ve seen always accept cash on arrival

if you followed her booking protocol and she was late with the texts I would explain and hopefully she would either 1.  Reschedule or 2. Refund.  If not I’d walk away and not return 

all this being said, hindsight is 20/20

Edited by funinbed

While I agree with everyone wondering why you did not have your phone handy, I also (considering you are being truthful; and why would you not be) it's a tough lesson on prepaid encounters and she is simply wrong in not responding when she said she would.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2019 at 2:01 PM, drakas said:

I have to admit it's pretty hot that she took (stole?) my money like that without any remorse... lol.

I fail to see how she took(stole) your money. You had an appointment scheduled at 9am ...she tried to contact you at 7:45 am and again at 8:30 am . No response from you. Nor did you even attempt to contact her in the morning. At which point you would be considered a "no show".  I am glad she had you prepay because with you not responding to her pre appointment texts ...  she would have been sh*t out of luck for booking another client on such short notice. I also can't blame her for wanting prepayment or a deposit if you want to book again since in essence you were a no show.

But if I am understanding correctly (and let's assume you booked 1 hr)... you think you should be entitled to 2 hours of her time for the price of 1hr ? She had time booked off for you at 9am - 10 am . You never replied nor tried to contact her. She tried to contact you twice before the appointment.  Too late for her to book someone else . But you think she should give you another hour for the original 1 hr payment you made ? I wouldn't book off another hour of my time for you without pre payment when you were a no show for the first appointment !

ps. when you say pre payed are you saying you paid the full appointment or  it was a reasonable deposit as many ladies do to ensure that you (especially new clients) actually intend to show up for the appointment ?

It is almost unheard of for the lady to ask for a full fee payment ... unless a client has previously been a no show with her.

Something just doesn't quite add up here ??? Dealing with the other side of things day in and day out...I suspect there is more to  the story.

And thank you waterat for being the voice of sanity. This attitude that any service provider who asks for a deposit must be trying to rip you off is nonsense. If you worked in a job where 2 out of 3 clients were no shows ... and yes it really is that high ... you might ask for a reasonable ie.$50 deposit from new clients on the first session also !!

The men who have an issue with a reasonable deposit are usually the ones screwing around and wasting our time and it is a very effective way of finding out which clients are legitimate and intend to follow through on their appointment.

Edited by Guest

On 10/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, BonnieScot said:

The men who have an issue with a reasonable deposit are usually the ones screwing around and wasting our time and it is a very effective way of finding out which clients are legitimate and intento follow through on their appointment.

Just a little perspective.  I am new to these boards, but have been engaging in this hobby off and on for over 30 years.  While all providers except the newest have more experience from their end by the numbers, there are few that go back that far.  Some of my personal hesitance to deposits is probably just latent mistrust based on experiences with agencies and yes, street corners (put you money in your shoe).  I also do what I say I will do and am just starting to book ladies that require prior day booking.   I will say that it is worth it! 

I will also say that I HAVE been “no showed” numerous times on outcall from agencies - again all in the past, and largely US big cities.  It’s also a bummer to wait for hours in your hotel room wondering, calling to no answer ... to late to do anything else ...

The good news is old dogs can, indeed learn new tricks.  If / when I book with a deposit, I will need to feel that I can really trust the provider. It really is a two way street.  Now that I am clued in to this forum’s recommendations, I am more likely to be able to trust an established, well reviewed provider.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2019 at 9:15 PM, 50 Shades Raven said:

It is up to the client to check their phones/devices for whatever messaging system a provider is utilizing.

As for me, I got sick and tired of the bs serial ‘book a time and have no intention of showing up’ scenario.

We all know those guys.

I have directly in my ads now that I ask for a small deposit as a way to dismiss intentional no shows/no calls.

I don’t double book, I set my time for you which means I can’t book someone else for that time.

The deposit I ask for covers the cancellation fee should you need to cancel for any reason, or can be used as deposit for a reschedule. 

If I cancel, however, the deposit is fully refunded to the client, as the client shouldn’t be punished if I can’t make it.

Read providers ads and/or websites very carefully as usually the policies are there for you to see.

I do discuss this with every client.

Basically, don’t waste my time.

A small deposit is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

She was supposed to confirm the night before and didn’t so it’s on her to make things right,

Guest PetraPegasus

This is on her as she did not confirm with you so in practice you did not know if you still had the appointment or not. You may have missed your text in the morning,but she did not confirm with you the time she said she would. That si very unprofessional. You should get a full refund in this case. If she had confirmed and you missed the morning texts then that would be on you, however that is not the case. Best not to prepay in full for SP you have never seen before. A small deposit will do if it's a future booking. I would move on to another SP.