Spa on Merivale

On 10/25/2020 at 10:46 PM, newfy said:

Well I never thought it would happen. Called to make an appointment with Jasmine last week and I thought all was good. Got to the spa at the scheduled time and was greeted by the new girl Anna. I was told that Jasmine was busy and that I could see her instead. WOW, I thought to myself and after this many visits I decided to turn around and walk out.  I called the spa from my car and to my surprise I talked to Jasmine who was actually in the lunch room waiting for me. . Went back in  to some major apologies and had another  of those fantastic Jasmine  massages, 

So, now to today. I am going in for some minor surgery this coming  week and thought I would get  a massage to relax me as I won't be able to drive for a month. Made the call to find that  the new girl Anna is no longer there and it is back to being Jasmine and Tina the Viet girl. So  I had to ask the question about the girls  pics on the different web-sites. I read many years ago that the Asian Spas could not advertise on Lyla because of the pics. The answer was quite simple. Anonymity.   I laughed, accepted her answer  and then said that both Jasmine and Tina were more beautiful than the pics and she laughed. All is good now with another great evening and excellent massage and  will be taking a rest for the next month with only visions in my head. 

Just sharing my own experience here.  Again, not a salesman but just a happy camper. 

As always YMMV.  

How can you tell if they have a mask on :) :)

12 hours ago, newLL20 said:

How can you tell if they have a mask on 🙂 🙂

Simple answer is that I have been going to the Rabbit now for close to 2 years. Pre- covid  with no masks. I have a good memory when it comes to beautiful women. Tried some of the other Asian spas but nothing compares.  Just my 2 cents. As always YMMV,. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, newLL20 said:

How can you tell if they have a mask on :) :)

A mask truly hides very little. The twinkle of the eyes from a real person has far more to do with attractiveness.

I used to take a long bus ride to a northern Ontario mining town as a preteen to visit my 12 year older brother. It didn't take him long to figure out that one of my incentives was to gain access to his extensive collection of Playboy and Penthouse magazines. He asked me "what's the use of seeing if you can't touch?"

Pics are overrated and can be rendered worthless by a welcoming glance and an honest laugh :)

Damn, now I'm going back to Rabbit before I can afford it, lol.

I went a couple of weeks ago ,  one 20 something spinner  & one 30ish a little heavier ,  I can't remember names ,  I went with the older one , it was pretty good ,  but both of us  having to wear masks sort of killed it for me ,  I'll be back when they can lift this but probably safer this way. 

Could anyone PM me the name of this young Vietnamese lady? Also the services and rates if possible? Been wanting to check out rabbit for a while now and think I’m going to go for it this week

Welcome to the board @JJD I realize my reply is later than you may have helped. Not sure if you're just new to the board or also new to the industry. Perhaps you've been to Rabbit already and found your own answers. A close reading of this whole thread will give you good answers to your questions with the proviso in this business that it's always YMMV.

Hopefully you've been and had fun!

• Thanks 1

Been out of the game for over a month now. Small shoulder surgery for some muscle repair and Dr. said I couldn't drive for a month. Spent some time on the computer looking at Leo list and wondered to myself how 2 Asian spas in Ottawa could use the same pics for a week as a spa in Toronto. Oh well. Got my release to drive on Friday after physio and made the arrangements to go to the Rabbit on Saturday. Lower back was stiff and pain in the middle of my neck from lying around watching TV. Got into see Jasmine for another RMT style of massage. It was  a little strange at first as I still have this huge band-aide on my shoulder. She laughed and worked around it. Lower back pain was gone within the scheduled time. I noticed the little Viet girl Tina walking around in her short shorts and T top. They had just bought an elliptical machine and had it put in the front lobby so that they can exercise when not busy. They took turns demonstrating their exercise techniques on the machine. That was quite the show in itself. Already making plans in my head to go back in 2 weeks for a nice hour with Tina. I'm not into any big surprises so this place has been consistent for over a year now. Happy customer for a while. As always  YMMV. 

On 12/12/2020 at 4:50 AM, Manfromeastottawa said:

Would like to know prices as well😀

What you are asking is a no-no according to the board policies. The very first post and top of the massage page is that there be No discussion on Rates and prices with an explanation as to Why. .I can tell you that the Rabbit Spa does have a Web page and can be looked up on Google. Prices and services can be seen there. My suggestion is to go and have a great RMT style massage and then respond back with positive feed-back. I am sure that you will be happy with your decision.. 

• Thanks 2

It was the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring but Tina and myself. It was a Christmas present to myself. Been lying around the house after surgery and my body has been getting stiff,. Went for an hour long relaxation massage and it was the best ever. Lower back has been sore and that left within the first 5 minutes. Tina is a 100 pound 5.0 foot Vietnamese girl that has been at the spa for almost a year now. Being somewhat of a regular, when I entered I met up with Jasmine at the door. After about 1/2 an hour with Tina, jasmine knocked at the door and asked if I wanted a gift of 4 hand massage for 10 minutes. It was heaven on earth. Not sure what the next month will bring but I will surely return in February. Just a satisfied customer and as always YMMV. 

• Like 3

After talking with a co-worker about my shoulder surgery, she suggested a Thai Massage. It is supposed to do stretching and joint therapy. I looked up Thai massage in Ottawa and decided to try a place in the downtown area. Won't say the place as per rules here. I guess it was OK but didn't get a whole lot of relief. Pain shoots across my chest and in between my shoulder blades. Didn't think I was going to get any relief anywhere but made the call to Jasmine at the Rabbit. Went in Thursday night and explained my problems. She chuckled and told me to lay down on my back. Reached in under my shoulders and started to rub and then pinch some muscles. Then moved up; to my neck and did the same. I have been pain free within 10 minutes and still pain free today  2 days later. I took advantage of the whole hour experience and have been happy with my choices. She  jokingly says on the way out that I should only let her touch my body when in need. I thought about it on the way home and came up with the answer that she is right.  I don't want to be in pain so I may take advantage  of her services and go for a regular tune-up more than once every 4 - 6 weeks. A very satisfied customer not a salesman and as always YMMV.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, newfy said:

After talking with a co-worker about my shoulder surgery, she suggested a Thai Massage. It is supposed to do stretching and joint therapy. I looked up Thai massage in Ottawa and decided to try a place in the downtown area. Won't say the place as per rules here. I guess it was OK but didn't get a whole lot of relief. Pain shoots across my chest and in between my shoulder blades. 

No matter if Thai or any other form of therapy, if the objective is pain relief, better check if the staff is qualified or at least cares about what they do. If the therapist/MA can't bother to ask you about your medical history, injuries or other source of pain, you better walk out.

Also, Thai massages in some establishments are simply bodyslides. Better be sure you're walking in the right type of place.

On 2/13/2021 at 3:34 PM, Greenteal said:

No matter if Thai or any other form of therapy, if the objective is pain relief, better check if the staff is qualified or at least cares about what they do. If the therapist/MA can't bother to ask you about your medical history, injuries or other source of pain, you better walk out.

Also, Thai massages in some establishments are simply bodyslides. Better be sure you're walking in the right type of place.

This is so correct. I had heard of the Thai massage and I thought I did my research. I definitely went in with my own high or even unrealistic expectations. All was OK and even good  in some respects but it did not live up to my expectations. After a year and more of No sleep and up until the surgery I was willing to try anything. Since the surgery life is much better. It all depends on the way i sleep. The pain comes back and I need relief. Did the chiropractic, physio, painkillers all to no relief. The Jasmine massage would last for a day or two until lately. Thought I would try something new so off I went.  Tried Thai with No regrets and went back to what has worked. Won't say where I went but it was good but just not what I needed. Back to the Rabbit and all is good  for almost 5 days now. Won't say where I went as it is not important and don't want to give any bad information as it was only my expectations that didn't get met. Your experience may be much better than mine. No matter where you go it will always be YMMV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newfy said:

Won't say where I went as it is not important and don't want to give any bad information as it was only my expectations that didn't get met. Your experience may be much better than mine. No matter where you go it will always be YMMV. 

When going blind, mileage may vary considerably depending on meeting a registered therapist, a MA/SW or a complete "quack". You can go from being touched too much(for the best or the worst), to someone blaming an energy imbalance or some kind of temporal anomaly as a cause for your aches.

Reasons more to know who you're dealing with.

Not a review but asking about the policies at this place as we are back in Orange level. Do we still have to wear a mask the whole time? I can understand when facing up but not when I am facing down with my face in that opening for faces. The pressure on the mask makes wearing it uncomfortable. She is working on my back so why do I have to wear a mask?

I know that whenever I go the mask is part of the requirements. One time I showed up at the door  and had left my mask in the car. No entry whatsoever. I went back and got a new mask out of the car. They are scared about the covid as they have No kind of medical insurance and can't afford to be sick as was explained to me. Asians have been wearing mask for years and it is commonplace just to go outside anywhere in China with out a mask. . It is almost now cultural. I don't like wearing a mask but it is mandated by government so I just wear it and get used to it.  Some places will let you take it off and that's their choice.  Hopefully it will all be a thing of the past in a few months. For now I wear it from the time I enter until the time I leave and enjoy the massage and ambiance . The funniest part of the mask is to take a shower with it on. That was a bit of a surprise to me. All is good with the mask as I can remove it when I leave. 

• Thanks 1

I tend to agree with @newfy on the mask issue.... I don't think it's a deal breaker for me to have to wear a mask. Masks worn by both people in an enclosed space when they're clearly less than 2 m apart are likely a good idea. At my dentist's the staff are all wearing both masks and face shields. Most of the research on mask effectiveness hasn't addressed when in a close proximity situation like during a massage. I can only imagine that RMTs require mask wearing for all clients and for themselves. There's a lot about this virus that we still don't know. I don't imagine the direction you're facing makes a critical difference in the spread of droplets..... they're an aerosol. I was out walking in Westboro the other day, unmasked, and I could smell the smokers coming down the sidewalk towards me almost half a block away..... while greatly dispersed, the smoke is essentially aerosol particles: add to that situation proximity, still air, less dispersion then masks seem a wise move to enjoy what is essentially a luxury. Works for me.

Their concerns over access to healthcare and possible eligibility to government support programs is a different concern. I've been to this spa during the covid situation (maybe last June? - don't remember) - I will look to find a way to be part of the solution to this problem rather than part of the solution.

• Thanks 1

Another great visit . It seems business is good and time for renovations and an expansion. I went in on a whim just because I hadn't been in for a while. I was listening to the radio and they were talking about people only going to see doctors and therapists when in pain. I decided to to do some pre-emptive medicine  not being in any pain but just to keep myself loose. Called ahead and met up with Jasmine. Chatted for a minute or two and then she took me to see the new reno's. The owner want to add another girl and is putting in another treatment room. Both Jasmine and Tina have been in this location for over a year now and been my go-to place. We went back to the treatment room and I had another of Jasmin's excellent RMT massages. I can't believe that it was more than 6 weeks since my last visit. I'm definitely a satisfied customer and will repeat again. As always YMMV. 

@newfy Was this a visit on Apr. 5? The other local commercial establishments have closed, i.e. CMJ, ALO, Paradise/Angels..... maybe they're skirting the shutdown rules by using the 'massage therapy' designation but I think they're on thin ice. 

Have to admit I'm tempted by a visit but I think I'm just going to wait for a few more months for risks to be more clearly understood. My nephew, who is eight years younger than me, mid 50's gets his vaccine tomorrow, but I'm still waiting for a call from a local pharmacy.and then there's still a few weeks to wait after that.

Wish we were all vaccinated. No disrespect to the designated 'essential\ workers but, for me, MAs are essential workers!

Last visit was on the 3rd. Thought I would get in before the shutdown that Saturday night. I don't know what their status is as far as  "Massage Therapy" goes . I do know that there is an RMT license hanging on the wall inside. In the past I would accept the receipts for my insurance but after retirement I  do not get any re-imbursements. As well, living about an hours drive from the city I usually don't get into any of the spa's that frequently. I do know that I was treated to one of the best massages that any man can receive. When time permits and money allows I will be back but for now will wait for the the end of the month. Just a happy client or customer or what ever I'm called. 

• Thanks 1

Took a trip and did some cross border shopping last week. Won't say the name but it was a little less than I had hoped for. Just got excited that someone had opened their doors. Finally the lockdown ended and I made it to the Rabbit on Saturday and with so many places open it was a surprise that I could get in and it wasn't as busy as I expected.  It has been a while for the lockdown to end so I thought to myself, why only one girl when I can try both. and share the wealth. Tina was first and she gave an excellent relaxation massage. I forgot just how small and beautiful she is. It was a 1/2 hour visit and then we chatted after ,  then it was on to the next. Jasmine came into the room and performed one of her best 1/2 hour deep  tissue massages that I have ever had. Again we chatted a bit afterwards about the lockdown and how it affected her. All of this took a little more than an hour and I( left with one of the biggest smiles on my face. Looking forward to the middle of the month when I can return for another visit.   

5 hours ago, OttawaJohn99 said:

Rabbit is the one at 1884 Merivale right?

Correct.  1884 Merivale Unit 10 just south of Hunt Club. .  Yellow and red Rabbit sign on the roadway and a big yellow and red Rabbit sign on the top of the building. I was there on Saturday and saw the new renovations which added a new treatment room. Apparently busy enough that a new girl will be starting in a week. Jasmine and Tina have both been there for over a year. Both speak good English so you can even have a decent conversation. If you're lucky you may even catch the owner one and while.  In the entrance is a RMT license hanging on the wall. I believe it belongs to Jasmine. All my visits have been positive at this place. Not a salesman by any means, just a happy customer. As always, YMMV.