What to do when you have NO reviews?

Greetings folks! :)

I've been on Lyla for a while now, and I have seen a few Lyla members, that I know about.  So far, none have felt the urge to leave me a recommendation, as is their right.  However, this is causing me a bit of an issue as I keep getting asked if I have any reviews online and I have to say "No".  I actually had a deep discussion about this with a gent two days ago (who decided not to see me because I have no reviews).  Perhaps the fellas I've seen are busy, or shy, or just not technically up to posting a recommendation, or just don't like to.  OR.. maybe my service IS no good, and nobody wants to say that, either.

I know my very first Lyla client, I think I was too nervous and messed things up to be honest.  I didn't get the full run down on what he wanted and, well anyways, it was still good, but not the best.  Also the amazing service I gave to one other fella, I couldn't talk freely at the end due to sound carrying and I think he felt I was giving him the brush off when he did mention writing a review (I've a new place now, those issues are gone.)  So yes, fellas, if you've seen me and think my service could use some brushing up, please message me and let me know?  I could be giving it my best game and still coming up at C+ level, you know?  Maybe I'm no good at all and should just leave the business.  It's hard to tell in a vacuum.

So any feedback to me would be greatly appreciated.  And if I DID rock your world, don't be afraid to say so?

All the best,

Raquel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Raquel,

I hope a few gents here can give you more input. Overall, this board has become quiet in comparison to a few years ago. From what I see now, it's evolved more into a discussion board or members asking others about providers. 

If I can offer advice as a provider. Please don't doubt yourself or your services. If someone does not want to see you because you have not been recommended here yet, then that will be their loss. Keep up your online presence and give the serious clients that are interested, your full attention.  A little extra correspondence can go a long way in developing a nice rapport with someone. That speaks for itself. The rest should follow in time. You sound lovely. 

Warm regards,

Erin

Edited by Sensual Erin
typo
  • Like 3

Thanks Erin :)  A few gents have reached out and it has helped a lot.   Your comments are helpful as well 😄  I am listening to what is being said, and I think perhaps my shyness could be one issue.  I'm not the RAWR eat you up Cougar type.  So if someone had that feral image in their head, I guess I didn't meet that expectation.  I'm much more Mary Anne than Ginger 😉

❤️

Raquel

• Like 2

No reviews/recommendations is not necessarily bad. Not all clients like to share their private moments. And those who do, don't like to be pressured into posting something. You only been here six months, be a bit patient. Now we know you don't mind public feedback, some may want to experience for themselves and share it.

Keep in mind your presence, participation and positive attitude on this board is about as good as any thread describing you.

Have a nice day.

Well, to be honest Mr Teal, one of the reasons I was starting to panic is I've had NO calls in 2 weeks and I've noticed several members have told fellas looking for info, that if a girl has NO reviews or recommendations, that's something to be wary of.  Sorry for the run on sentence 😉  But you can see how that would push a few panic buttons, putting 2 and 2 together that perhaps the reason I'm getting nothing, is the lack of reviews, etc. and the advice to gentlemen to steer clear of ladies with none.

THAT is why I felt it was time to reach out for feedback.  The community has been GREAT! ❤️  Thank you all so much for your advice and input.  I am relaxing a bit now and I do realize that as the sun comes out, there's less time to play for many people.

I also found out I'm not as shy as I think, just a bit when I first meet someone.  Phew! 😉

Love and hugs,

Raquel

I suppose it's a generational issue. When I started seeing providers in the early 90's, reviews were non existent other than a bit a feed of feedback from a few friends hobbyists. I never stopped myself from meeting someone because of a lack of recommendation. In the last year, the ladies I met had no posted information anywhere. I relied on common sense and asked the right questions to make a decision. Only one of them was a "mixed bag".

I find a bit frustrating to see so many "any info" threads instead of taking a chance when things look good.

Hopefully this thread will give you the visibility to end this dry spell. 

The start of summer can tend to slow things down a little as well. There are seasonal slow downs. Greenteal brings up great points. Recommendations have slowed down considerably across the board. There are lots of members just asking others for info. They are not reaching out to providers or doing their own homework.

This board used to be the place to gather and interact with one another. There was a live chat box we could hop onto and chat with other members. It was fun and interactive. With the rapid pace of social media, people have moved on.  I hope this thread brings awareness as well and perks this board up a little. Thank you for starting this thread. 

Keep your chin up. Things should balance out. 🙂

Best regards,

Erin

• Like 1

I would try a different marketing plan to be honest. On top of what others have said about the slow times and board not being what it use to be. 

Reviews should not make or break you. So I would look at where my advertising is going, I would always reach out after the appointment to ensure satisfaction, I would diversify and really work on my social media presence.

I would do this regardless of getting appointments or not. 

However, having tried looking for you and your ads, I found only one.  Nothing on LL and nothing on VIP. Not to mention some other ad sites. As well, it is confusing to me what exactly you are offering. It says massage but then you list GFE and oral. Maybe the massage world is different and they mean different things. I don't know. 

Im not saying anything you are doing is wrong, but what I am saying, is if I'm confused, men could be too and that might be the reason for the lack of appointments combined with lack of reviews. Men don't like being confused and they will just pass and move on to the next. 

I don't have any recos here either but I have been successful at booking my trip east. I used lyla, vip, night away, tryst, LL and twitter. Just to name a few. 

I also have a website that clearly lays out what I offer and what I expect from gentlemen in return. 

So so I would look at spending some of this down time, really looking at where you can up your presence. And I would look at where your competition is. See what they are doing and what you think is working for them. If they are advertising in certain places, it is for a reason therefore you should be advertising there as well. 

I know this is all easier said then done. But these are things you should be doing no matter what, as no calls for two weeks has nothing to do with lack of reviews. I truly think a big online ad presence is needed.

When all else fails, ask a gentlemen if he was satisfied, to write one for you. 

I would message back the others and ask ask why they didn't. Have any come back to see you a second time? If they have, then they clearly liked it so I'm sure they would be happy to write one. It may just take a little nudge. 

Good of luck sweetie. I'm sorry you are having this trouble. It will get better. It always does. And these rough times, just make us that much more appreciative of the good times. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hornytoad13 said:

She is on VIP Favours and has been for a while.

Not quite sure why this is relevant to the conversation. The fact she advertises there or elsewhere doesn't change her situation. Even if her account is verified, too many won't take a chance if they don't read reviews/recommendations. 

Again, better visibility and word to mouth will help her reach the right kind of clients.

I won't advertise on LL, Jessica. But thank you for the input.  I'm 50+ and really not in any competition with what folks will find on Leolist :)  That and the ads scroll so fast, there's really no point.  I also think LL attracts an element I'm not enthusiastic about meeting 😄 (my own personal feeling).  

I actually think I've resolved everything I was concerned about.  To answer one of your points, however...

I NEVER contact a client after an encounter.  I don't know their lives, they could be sitting with family. I leave the reaching out to the client.  I also don't return missed phone calls unless it's under 10 minutes.  It does pain me that some fellas never call back (we DO take showers!)  Can't answer the phone when I'm in the shower (it's happened more than twice is why I mention that).

I'm happy with my advertising, and this question really only came up when I had someone contact me wanting to know why I didn't have any reviews anywhere. He thinks I'm a cop trying to trap Johns.  It did get me wondering why, hence my question here! :)   And to be fair, I may have been over dramatic with the '2 weeks' thing.  I hurt my leg last week and took that time to heal up and didn't push the ads, etc.

Excellent points and feedback :)

Thanks again,

Raquel

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Raquel Brooks said:

I hurt my leg last week and took that time to heal up

If you ask me nicely, I'll kiss it better 😉

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Not quite sure why this is relevant to the conversation. The fact she advertises there or elsewhere doesn't change her situation. Even if her account is verified, too many won't take a chance if they don't read reviews/recommendations. 

Again, better visibility and word to mouth will help her reach the right kind of clients.

It is relevant to the conversation because the previous post by Jessica Rain claimed she didn’t see her advertising on VIP Favours when she was. I should have tied Jessica’s thread in to it but failed to do so. Sorry for the faux pas.