Warning: Fake ad in Saint John threatening to call your friends and family

Not sure which ad it is, I messaged 5 or 6 today, but i just received a text from a random number calling me Andrew (which is not my name) saying they were going to tell my friends and family i was on leolist looking for prostitutes.

I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 of the ads but don't want to post their links without knowing which it is. If you have received a similar text message me and maybe we can figure out which one it is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Denots said:

Not sure which ad it is, I messaged 5 or 6 today, but i just received a text from a random number calling me Andrew (which is not my name) saying they were going to tell my friends and family i was on leolist looking for prostitutes.

I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 of the ads but don't want to post their links without knowing which it is. If you have received a similar text message me and maybe we can figure out which one it is

Wow that's sick! Wow! Speechless! This kinda thing is going wayyyy to far! Holy! I truly hope you get to the bottom of this! Perhaps hiring a Private Investigator might be a good way to expose these asshole! 

This is a textbook example on why burner phones are a requirement for the hobby. The best you can do is block the number and move on with your life. Replying or attempting to confront this person will only make things worst. Even if you find the ad in question, it will be gone and replaced before your warning is made public. Do your homework and don't give them anything they could be used against you.

To quote WarGames(1983): "The only winning move is not to play."

On 6/27/2019 at 8:37 PM, Denots said:

But how does the caller know you are you, or who are your friends & family?

Is your number listed publicly - OR - it is your work phone (ie. listed on some company's web page, Yellow-pages, etc)?

If so, then NEVER use such a number. Invest in a new prepaid/pay as you go number, just to be used for adult interactions.  

Just a bunch of Scammers. The Website is Full of them, Scamming in 1 Way or Another. The Aholes are "Threatening Blackmail"! Don't Fall For it, Too Many Do Fall For It. 

Fuckkkkkkkkk Them, Ingnore it. If for any reason the Continue, then Bring out the "Fighting Grear"!! 

There is all kinds of "BS" Going on, and We don't Hear Half It! Most times the Aholes are Bluffing. Don't give in... They are Weaker than you think! 

Stay Safe xoxo's 💋

• Like 2

No, i think they might of did a reverse search for the number i use for this, but it is not listed and they don't know my name. They called me Andrew which isn't even close to my name. But because they said a name, i am guessing they tried to reverse search the number and maybe someone who used to own it is named Andrew. I  even have my voicemail using a fake name, for this very reason, and it isn't Andrew either.

• Like 2