In my years dealing with providers and dating websites I seen a lot of weird things. But in the last days I seen something new and confusing.

Scrolling through Kijiji, I discovered an ad(now deleted) about a woman seeking a massage. As most "wanted" ads are men looking for cheap massages, this felt odd.

I communicated with her to get more into. She described herself as mid 20's, attractive and her pictures didn't raise concerns. Told me she never received a massage and wanted the experience. Told her I did some but never identified myself as a professional. She only had vague idea of what she wanted and asked about nudity and where my hands would go. I responded it was for her to set the boundaries and I would work from there. And then she asked for my rates. A bit funny as it's normally the other way around. Told her I did for voluntary donation/tips. As she lived on the other side of town, couldn't host and didn't own a car, told her was fine if covered the gas money to pick her up. She made an offer that was a bit above average. Flattering, but felt wrong. I then asked if many men replied to her ad, and she said that only a few did and asked double what she offered me. And this is where the BS alarm went off in my head. Most Kijiji male masseur offer cheap rates for women and the notion she only got a few responses was hard to believe. So I told her for safety purpose I needed a selfie of her holding a sheet of paper with her name. She told me she would, but stalled for days and her ad was deleted and she was gone.

Where I'm confused is to what the goal was. There was no money to be made from this, never sexual enough to be categorized as roleplay and not enough info was exchanged to attempt something like identity theft. Was likely catfishing. But if the case, was one of the saddest attempt I ever seen.

Was in the Ottawa area. Anyone dealt with something similar and know what it was about?

4 minutes ago, WildTiger said:

Does seem very strange.  Perhaps she just got cold feet.

Would have been plausible if wasn't for questionable stories of men asking ridiculous rates to massage her.

Many men on Kijiji offer cheap(and sometimes free) massages for women, making her ad completely pointless.

Other than a lonely person with time to burn, I don't see any reasons to do this.

You are probably right and I'll have to defer to your experience Greenteal.  I've found that listening to your gut, or instinct, is usually a pretty good barometer. 

I have to admit that I tend not to check out sites such as Kijiji.  I prefer the relative security of sites such as this to avoid scammers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WildTiger said:

You are probably right and I'll have to defer to your experience Greenteal.  I've found that listening to your gut, or instinct, is usually a pretty good barometer. 

I have to admit that I tend not to check out sites such as Kijiji.  I prefer the relative security of sites such as this to avoid scammers.

I agree. But wanted share this as it was a weird role reversal.

• Like 1