Woman Allegedly Left Baby in Running Car to Take Shots in Nightclub, Hurled Racial Sl

https://people.com/crime/woman-allegedly-left-baby-running-car-nightclub-hurled-racial-slurs/

samantha-grace-vaughan.jpg

A 26-year-old Texas mother was arrested Sunday following an allegedly racist tirade inside a bar she’s accused of drinking in while her infant was left unattended in a running car outside.

An affidavit obtained by PEOPLE alleges Samantha Vaughan of Copperas Cove was belligerent when confronted by officers inside Trackside, a nightclub in that city.

The affidavit further alleges Vaughan resisted officers’ efforts to detain her, shouting a racial epithet as she was placed in handcuffs.

“You will not take my child and place her with a f—— [epithet],” the affidavit alleges she screamed at the arresting officers.

The officers, the affidavit indicates, did not charge her with resisting. Instead, she was charged with abandoning or endangering a child with intent to return.

According to the affidavit, officers arrived at the club to find a running automobile. Inside, they found Vaughan’s infant child in the vehicle’s backseat.

Police allege Vaughan told them she had driven there to pick up her husband. She allegedly told officers she used the bathroom before sitting down with her husband for two shots.Vaughan, the affidavit alleges, smelled strongly of alcohol.

Investigators allege in the affidavit Vaughan refused to comply when they tried taking her into custody.
At one point, she let herself fall to the floor, where she allegedly “continued to thrash her body around … yell and throw herself about.”

Inside the patrol car, Vaughan allegedly “smashed her forehead” into a steel rail, resulting in a noticeable wound, according to the affidavit.

It was unclear Wednesday if she had entered a plea to the sole charge against her.
Her attorney’s information was also unavailable.

I can’t get over the face! Look at that smile. Like she is checking in to a 5 star hotel on vacay.....

11 hours ago, Jessica Rain said:

I can’t get over the face! Look at that smile. Like she is checking in to a 5 star hotel on vacay.....

Wow. This woman needs some help...... and, quite predictably, any offered would be rebuffed.

More likely she is being checked into a 0 star hotel for a vacay.... and the unfortunate circumstances for the poor infant!

Have to admit the photo served to enhance my negative bias towards tats......

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 6:45 AM, Mature Angela said:

Just wondering what relevance this article has to do with this site. 

Absolutely nothing. This is the lounge area so open to general discussion not just pertaining to the industry.

Frankly, I thought the lounge needed more threads to help create interaction. On any topic, which would be better then the alternative which is nothing on the site. 

• Like 3