Best campfire guitar songs

Good evening lovely folks! 

This summer, I've had the good fortune of participating in a few bonfire jam sessions. Making our way into colder, darker months, it seems like a good time to get cozy inside and learn some new songs. What are some of your favourites, either to play or to listen to?

For inspiration, here's a few of mine:

Zombie - The Cranberries

Rip Tide - Vance Joy

Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

Home for a Rest - Spirit of the West

Looking forward to some new songs to master! 🙂

• Like 1

Oh my Greenteal..... I doubt your 'contribution' is what was being solicited.... but it's good to know what you enjoy around a campfire!

It is possible to post the links to songs you like without showing the full image but just with a simple link.... roll up the window and hold your nose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-CyTBuESvk

6 minutes ago, waterat said:

Oh my Greenteal..... I doubt your 'contribution' is what was being solicited.... but it's good to know what you enjoy around a campfire!

I know. That was the joke. 

Nothing cheesier than Christian Hippie songs. lol  

Yes, Greenteal, I knew you were joking.... just didn't find it funny (as usual). Don't find it overtly Christian and I'm cool with hippies - not quite old enough to qualify but I enjoy socializing with them.

A snippet from Wikipedia about Kumhaya: " ...but known to be sung in the Gullah culture of the islands off South Carolina and Georgia, with ties to enslaved West Africans."  I don't respect cynical nor sarcastic comments (i.e. your post) about this (yes, now cheesy) song. It still has a history....

I just didn't want to leave your response to the 'thread-starting' post by the OP who, while she only has 68 posts compared to your 7703 posts and is still a New Account 'Moderated Member' yet has been on here for 3 months longer than you (maybe I should describe that as being 3 months longer than since you were a 'banned' member).

Let's support the newer members by responding positively to their new threads. It's not that hard.

Take it easy, Me and Bobbi Magee, Bye Bye Miss American Pie by and my favourite Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 1:24 AM, Mature Angela said:

Take it easy, Me and Bobbi Magee, Bye Bye Miss American Pie by and my favourite Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young.

Nice suggestions! Anything by Neil Young is going to go over well, in my experience, especially in Manitoba 😄

19 hours ago, SilvainStiles said:

For me, country music works the best.

Camping, for me, is associated with quality time spent with my family.

Edited by SilvainStiles

My little sister was joking around, and my dad sang old country songs. Sometimes I really miss those times. I even want to recreate the guitar pick that my dad used. I believe it would be a good way to keep his memories alive. I found that the guys from https://ironageaccessories.com/products/custom-guitar-picks are offering customized guitar picks service. So I am thinking of giving them a call.

Edited by SilvainStiles
  • Like 1