No Show - from the view of a SP

I know it probably doesn't happen much everywhere, but I have been noticing it a lot more here in Halifax. Quite a few hobbyists have contacted me for services and have either gotten my address and no showed, or booked a time and then cancelled multiple times. I give chance after chance and it always ends up the same.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Does it happen often to other SPs as well? How do I know I'm safe? 

Require a deposit from potential clients and don't consider that you have a booking until a deposit is received.  

JMO Legitimate clients have no problem with a deposit, those clients who intend to be NCNS are the ones who don't like them. Again JMO

Good Luck

RG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I've seen a notice about a special section for SP's on here to share experiences.  Is that an active section at all?

With all of the research and discussion that goes on in the "discussion forums" about which SP's are safe and legit, it makes sense to have a localized area for SP's to share discussions about individuals (aka phone numbers) that are consistently unreliable/timewasters.

In all things in life, it's very frustrating when you are expecting someone to show up at a certain time, and have them just not do so.  You've wasted time and effort. I know when I'm selling something I hate giving out my address to a stranger for them to pick it up.  This escalates greatly for our amazing SP's (like Sarah) who work from their private space, need to make sure the space is in a certain condition, and at the same time make sure they themselves are looking and feeling a certain way. Then to have a stranger know their address and not show up... hours of wasted time and effort and lost income plus a worry about future safety...

Hmm apparently I have strong feelings on this haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is an app I suggest more Canadian providers get onto, especially East Coast as we tend to catch onto these types of things later in the game. 

Download Client Eye App! Start reporting these WOT and NC/NS to make it easier for all of us to screen out the habitual time wasters, abusive, harrssements. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

There is an app I suggest more Canadian providers get onto, especially East Coast as we tend to catch onto these types of things later in the game. 

Download Client Eye App! Start reporting these WOT and NC/NS to make it easier for all of us to screen out the habitual time wasters, abusive, harrssements. 

I will look into that! Thank you so much. ♡

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, SarahAlexxx said:

I will look into that! Thank you so much. ♡

You're most welcome! Also are you on twitter? It is also a great tool to use for screening, marketing, Client eye is very active there too. Rest assure, you have to be varified privider so that no tomfoolery and slander takes place. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Require a deposit from potential clients and don't consider that you have a booking until a deposit is received.  

JMO Legitimate clients have no problem with a deposit, some of those clients who intend to be NCNS are the ones who don't like them. Again JMO

Good Luck

RG

*Fixed*

IMO it was an incorrect general opinion.

Cheers, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 8:49 AM, SarahAlexxx said:

I know it probably doesn't happen much everywhere, but I have been noticing it a lot more here in Halifax. Quite a few hobbyists have contacted me for services and have either gotten my address and no showed, or booked a time and then cancelled multiple times. I give chance after chance and it always ends up the same.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Does it happen often to other SPs as well? How do I know I'm safe? 

Screening helps. 

Don’t accept text apps, get SP references, board/social media accounts, etc. Lightly screening has never been an issue for me. I have never had a no show. Had 2 people I would call WOT because they canceled two sessions back to back. 

That is it for my entire career. Including my tour out east this past June.  

• Like 2

For what it’s worth - As a same day booker, in my experience 1 out of 7 will actually show so I never give out the address until they have followed My protocol. This includes sending them to a designated spot and letting me know they are there at which time they need to call me because I never give out the address over text.  It’s not fool proof but it does cut down on time wasters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2019 at 5:24 AM, Mature Angela said:

For what it’s worth - As a same day booker, in my experience 1 out of 7 will actually show so I never give out the address until they have followed My protocol. This includes sending them to a designated spot and letting me know they are there at which time they need to call me because I never give out the address over text.  It’s not fool proof but it does cut down on time wasters.

This ❤️ 

Guest PetraPegasus

There will always be no shows. Problem is at this point apps have gotten so good that you may never know if it's a real line or not. I do my very best to do my research on a number before a booking just for safety. I do have a protocol in which must be followed. By creating a protocol I have managed to avoid now shows 9 out of 10 times. It still does happen, especially for early afternoons. I just don't hurt over it. Create a protocol and you'll avoid this. Part of the industry. Also the issue of competition. Other SP may book with you to waste your time. Be smart follow your protocol and you'll avoid most issues. 💓

It happens to alllll of us! No shows and time wasters its very frustrating but unfortunately it happens....

*I will not book with text apps(will always check the number)

*No blocked calls

*NEVER will i give my exact address until i know you are in my area

*ask for references...that is a plus

One thing i have noticed is when they ask alot of questions or tell you they are nervous 8/10 times they will NOT show 

Good luck and stay safe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately no shows happen in every industry. It's, I guess, part of human nature....lack of others awareness. It is a product of of this new world where no one is accountable for other's feelings or commitments. Comes down to the base human nature of selfishness...I am more important than anyone!

Call me cynical but I don't have much faith in anyone but myself!

• Like 2

Guest PetraPegasus
6 minutes ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Just re-read this... not sure i really get what is to be gained by that... Its not like the "waster" in this case would make more by doing this.

What I mean by this is other SP's may book with another SP to waste their time and to waste business.
It does not happenm often , but has happened to me a few times. I'm very thorough when booking so it does not get far.
Some SP's are vengeful is what i'm saying. Want another SP to loose business so are willing to get to pretty extreme lengths.
They more cerrtainly will not. Other motives motivate them in this case as well as hoping the SP who's time was wasted will loose money on that day. Disgusting behavior, but does happen.

I think this is more so about the men booking and not showing up...and why? Would love to know why

Maybe some other sp do it but i dont really understand what they would get out of doing it makes no sense to me

• Like 3

It’s happening in PEI too hun, all too often lately! I get a lot of fake numbers ,which I block ASAP!

But I am now getting no shows which are the most disrespectful! I myself don’t give my address until a land mark is established , then and only then do I give my location , I have also started asking for twenty percent down ,, Hope one of these helps ,, oh yes and a call back number 

On 11/2/2019 at 11:10 AM, roamingguy said:

JMO Legitimate clients have no problem with a deposit, those clients who intend to be NCNS are the ones who don't like them. Again JMO

Good Luck

RG

Agreed.  if they are not willing to send me the etransfer, i will ask them to send me a verified selfie of them.

They will all do that if they are really serious.  those who are just shopping or fooling around will not

• Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 11:49 PM, PetraPegasus said:

There will always be no shows. Problem is at this point apps have gotten so good that you may never know if it's a real line or not. I do my very best to do my research on a number before a booking just for safety. I do have a protocol in which must be followed. By creating a protocol I have managed to avoid now shows 9 out of 10 times. It still does happen, especially for early afternoons. I just don't hurt over it. Create a protocol and you'll avoid this. Part of the industry. Also the issue of competition. Other SP may book with you to waste your time. Be smart follow your protocol and you'll avoid most issues. 💓

true.  For me, at least i already received a deposit so my time is not completely wasted.  Those guys who tell us we are fake because we ask for the deposit, are truly not worthy to see anyway

• Like 2

I find this happens everywhere, really have zero clue how to stop it. For a while I required a deposit in order to book. Found a lot of gentlemen would not do that. Generally, I no longer take prebookings, now, without a deposit I will only accept a booking thirty mins to an hour prior if I am free we meet, I like it a lot better then taking prebookings without a deposit to end up with a no show. If I am around we meet, if not try again. No ones time is wasted this way, seems to work for me.

• Like 1

Hey girl, I know exactly where you're coming from it happens to me quite a bit the thing is these boys are supposed to be grown ass man but they like to play childish games it's usually not hard to tell if the guy is a hobbyist/time-waster. But that being said you only give them one chance and one chance only if they contact you and book your time for service and he is no show just don't give them a second chance. they all know better than to waste a girl's time and there's a lot of idiots out there that just like to play games when someone does that to me they don't get a second chance I blocked her number that's it end of story I'm afraid that's what you'll need to be doing girl. Hope this helps.

Selena Diamond 💋💃💎

Halifax Nova Scotia

On 3/30/2020 at 1:19 PM, MelissaBlaze said:

I find this happens everywhere, really have zero clue how to stop it. For a while I required a deposit in order to book. Found a lot of gentlemen would not do that. Generally, I no longer take prebookings, now, without a deposit I will only accept a booking thirty mins to an hour prior if I am free we meet, I like it a lot better then taking prebookings without a deposit to end up with a no show. If I am around we meet, if not try again. No ones time is wasted this way, seems to work for me.

You evidently are a veteran and have a grip on reality.

BTW... I have seen you ... and you were magical.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:22 AM, gogofmagog said:

You evidently are a veteran and have a grip on reality.

BTW... I have seen you ... and you were magical.

Thank you...xoxo