Jump to content

How to: Verify pics, ads and identify potential fraud.

Recommended Posts

Guest ModCat

Thanks, greenteal for this!

 

Any newbies should follow these steps as we won't be approving, Have you seen...... such and such? threads anymore.

 

Use some common sense and Greenteal's tips!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

      Some advertising websites have their own verification and review systems. While looking helpful, those shouldn't be taken at face value. The criteria's are often minimalistic and easily defeatable. 

      With pictures, only a few with a sign/piece of paper are required. With editing software those can also be created/edited from existing similar pictures. Also, even if unedited it doesn't guarantee it will be the person offering the services.

      With reviews/recos, always look for the sources of the quotes and screenshots, look at the author's reputation(if any) and look for other feedback. Not unusual to see edited reviews or recommendations posted by new/unknown members.

LLfake.jpg.bbe3e3c635c55e6d5151f5cff0375c8c.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 8:35 PM, Greenteal said:

              As many are overwhelmed by the amount of online ads, here a few hints to verify those and avoid potential problems:

  -Verify the pics:  Use the "Search by image" function from Google Images. Also use websites like Tineye.com and yandex.com/images to verify pictures. Quite often pics will come from porn, social media websites like Instagram and from other escorts ads all around the globe.

   Note: There's nothing wrong with SP's and MA's using stock pics for illustration purposes to protect their identity. But if the ad mentions "100% Real Pics" when obviously not, this is "bait and switch".

 -Verify the phone number: Using Google, verify if the phone number was flagged by other message boards or if used in other fraudulent ads.

 -Take note of keywords like "No Cash", "Txt Only" and "No restrictions" as it may lead to potential fraud and dangerous encounters.

 -Use the LYLA search tool on the top right corner to see if there's an already existing thread about the ad/provider in question. And by using Google, you can also find information on LYLA and other message boards.

   And finally, use common sense. If it looks too good to be truth, it's quite often the case. If you can't find any mentions or recommendations anywhere, avoid or wait.

             If other advices or questions, please feel free to post and ask.

 

Thank you for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the phrase that got used were "100% real pics OF ME" lol - if it's a pic then it's a 100% real one.

My hope is that the woman in the pictures closely represents the provider. Many ladies wish to remain discrete so hide tattoos and don't provide face pics. Professional pics are costly and don't always fit into the provider's business model and price point.

I made a leolist mistake last fall and not only were the pics a totally misrepresentation but the service was too. I went through with the encounter as the 'little head' was running the life that day. Silly me: didn't follow Greenteal's advice and do any image search....

There was an interesting thread on 'fake pics' here in Ottawa some time ago and if I manage to find it I'll link it here.

Luxe Mulvari made a thoughtful contribution to the discussion comparing service price to the service offered at various 'levels' of grocery stores - don't expect your grocery's bagged and carried out when you're shopping at a Food Basics rather than a regular Loblaws. I'll have a look for that thread as she said much more eloquently than my goofy precis. (Aside: I was very impressed with her comments and about a year later I managed a few visits with her and plan to see her again! Her profesional pics are her absolutely but they don't look exactly like the woman who came straight out of the shower the day after our first encounter to join me walking my dog. I can assure you it was still the same warm, caring person inside.)

Whew: too much. Lessons? You're more likely to find an accurate impression doing your research here on lyla. If you see a provider and have a positive experience recommend they join here.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, waterat said:

There was an interesting thread on 'fake pics' here in Ottawa some time ago and if I manage to find it I'll link it here.

  If referring to "The Cowboy's Diary" website from Cowboy Kenny, that closed 3 years ago.

A nice try, but a pointless and endless battle. Doesn't take long to do a little research to save time and money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somethin happen to me while back i never told anyone about stings. Make sure the number is only for said girl. I didnt and found same number used for like 20 girls why.......

 

I wenr to meet a girl at hôtel and she act shady and made me feel weird. Instead of room numb to come up so told me.to wait front of lobby amd she hop in my ride first?? Never heard that before..... When i said i was there she asked which car? I seen a jeep tj in front lot by doors and i was mayne 2 cars away in my dodge truck

 

Many girls lie with pics etc and i had weird feeling so i said jeep. Nobody comes out then boom !!! Rcmp truck outta no where comes and pulls out jeep driver. My heart dropped and reversrd and got hell out of there.

 

Put number i used in keywords and seen they used samw number for likr 20 diff ads here in Winnipeg. A sex charge regardless if just a john is some thing none of us need lol be safe out there some of these girls lie cheat and steal

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Greenteal said:

  If referring to "The Cowboy's Diary" website from Cowboy Kenny, that closed 3 years ago.

A nice try, but a pointless and endless battle. Doesn't take long to do a little research to save time and money.

 

thank you for the heads up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lightskinlatin said:

Somethin happen to me while back i never told anyone about stings. Make sure the number is only for said girl. I didnt and found same number used for like 20 girls why.......

 

I wenr to meet a girl at hôtel and she act shady and made me feel weird. Instead of room numb to come up so told me.to wait front of lobby amd she hop in my ride first?? Never heard that before..... When i said i was there she asked which car? I seen a jeep tj in front lot by doors and i was mayne 2 cars away in my dodge truck

 

Many girls lie with pics etc and i had weird feeling so i said jeep. Nobody comes out then boom !!! Rcmp truck outta no where comes and pulls out jeep driver. My heart dropped and reversrd and got hell out of there.

 

Put number i used in keywords and seen they used samw number for likr 20 diff ads here in Winnipeg. A sex charge regardless if just a john is some thing none of us need lol be safe out there some of these girls lie cheat and steal

 

Holly crap, what sting! Be safe, thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lightskinlatin said:

I wenr to meet a girl at hôtel and she act shady and made me feel weird. Instead of room numb to come up so told me.to wait front of lobby amd she hop in my ride first?? Never heard that before..... When i said i was there she asked which car? I seen a jeep tj in front lot by doors and i was mayne 2 cars away in my dodge truck

 

Many girls lie with pics etc and i had weird feeling so i said jeep. Nobody comes out then boom !!! Rcmp truck outta no where comes and pulls out jeep driver. My heart dropped and reversrd and got hell out of there.

 

Put number i used in keywords and seen they used samw number for likr 20 diff ads here in Winnipeg. A sex charge regardless if just a john is some thing none of us need lol be safe out there some of these girls lie cheat and steal

    If uncomfortable with conditions and last minute changes, you should simply say "no" instead of throwing random people under the bus. If real, you're lucky they didn't trace your number. They should have.

   Sting operations are real concerns. But not normally as lazy unless for quick fines instead of criminal charges.

   Do your homework. And when in doubt, walk away to avoid more drama.

   

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Greenteal said:

    If uncomfortable with conditions and last minute changes, you should simply say "no" instead of throwing random people under the bus. If real, you're lucky they didn't trace your number. They should have.

   Sting operations are real concerns. But not normally as lazy unless for quick fines instead of criminal charges.

   Do your homework. And when in doubt, walk away to avoid more drama.

   

holly catfish! I hope verified SP are more reliable! todays world is in so much turmoil! Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 3:01 AM, Lightskinlatin said:

Somethin happen to me while back i never told anyone about stings. Make sure the number is only for said girl. I didnt and found same number used for like 20 girls why.......

 

I wenr to meet a girl at hôtel and she act shady and made me feel weird. Instead of room numb to come up so told me.to wait front of lobby amd she hop in my ride first?? Never heard that before..... When i said i was there she asked which car? I seen a jeep tj in front lot by doors and i was mayne 2 cars away in my dodge truck

 

Many girls lie with pics etc and i had weird feeling so i said jeep. Nobody comes out then boom !!! Rcmp truck outta no where comes and pulls out jeep driver. My heart dropped and reversrd and got hell out of there.

 

Put number i used in keywords and seen they used samw number for likr 20 diff ads here in Winnipeg. A sex charge regardless if just a john is some thing none of us need lol be safe out there some of these girls lie cheat and steal

 

Okay: let's add some perspective. First time poster and member since minutes before this first post????? Could simply be Joy Smith, one of the proponents of bill C-36, spreading fear and disarray into the industry she so vehemently opposes. 

The police don't generally have resourced to execute stings like this. I'm not holding my breath to hear from Lightskinlatin again. As my grandfather used to say: ' I could be wrong, I was once'

At this stage no Canadian law was broken. Calling bullshit.

Careful assessment and research are always important but let's keep the focus (fuck us?) where it needs to be.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, waterat said:

Okay: let's add some perspective. First time poster and member since minutes before this first post????? Could simply be Joy Smith, one of the proponents of bill C-36, spreading fear and disarray into the industry she so vehemently opposes. 

The police don't generally have resourced to execute stings like this. I'm not holding my breath to hear from Lightskinlatin again. As my grandfather used to say: ' I could be wrong, I was once'

At this stage no Canadian law was broken. Calling bullshit.

Careful assessment and research are always important but let's keep the focus (fuck us?) where it needs to be.

    I also question his story. But this kind of sting is plausible if done with the intent of sending a message to clients. As most will rather pay a fine for solicitation than fight it in court, I doubt they would get much resistance. I still question the method and if it really happened, but we seen worst cases of abuse of power before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jessica Rain said:

Can I ask a dumb question?

 

Why is it ok to use stock pics and not real ones? 

  I actually covered that question:

On 12/10/2019 at 7:35 PM, Greenteal said:

Note: There's nothing wrong with SP's and MA's using stock pics for illustration purposes to protect their identity. But if the ad mentions "100% Real Pics" when obviously not, this is "bait and switch".

   But to elaborate, to each their reasons to add an extra layer of privacy in order to make a few dollars. Not everyone want to make a career out of it. If no deception intended, I see no reasons to object.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Greenteal said:

  I actually covered that question:

   But to elaborate, to each their reasons to add an extra layer of privacy in order to make a few dollars. Not everyone want to make a career out of it. If no deception intended, I see no reasons to object.

I still don't get why it is okay to use pics that are not you. I just don't. I get wanting privacy, so don't show your face. Even more nervous, show close ups only. Edit tattoos, take them out, etc. 

You can post your own pics and keep your identity private. 

Some of us other escorts would be given hell if we used fake pics. 

There are guys in Ottawa trying to make a trend of asking for proof of pics because so many use fake ones. It hurts the over all industry. And accepting that and not calling it out, in fact, promoting it in a way, hurts the industry as well. IMHO

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jessica Rain said:

I still don't get why it is okay to use pics that are not you. I just don't. I get wanting privacy, so don't show your face. Even more nervous, show close ups only. Edit tattoos, take them out, etc. 

You can post your own pics and keep your identity private. 

Some of us other escorts would be given hell if we used fake pics. 

There are guys in Ottawa trying to make a trend of asking for proof of pics because so many use fake ones. It hurts the over all industry. 

     I get your point and I personally prefer an honest description over stock pictures. But if the pics are close to reality and not labelled as "100% real", it won't bother me too much. I never gave hell to anyone unless there was clear intent for deception. As for the "proof of pics", I agree it's a waste of time. I prefer an honest phone conversation to judge if I want to meet someone.

     

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 5/23/2020 at 3:01 AM, Lightskinlatin said:

Somethin happen to me while back i never told anyone about stings. Make sure the number is only for said girl. I didnt and found same number used for like 20 girls why.......

 

I wenr to meet a girl at hôtel and she act shady and made me feel weird. Instead of room numb to come up so told me.to wait front of lobby amd she hop in my ride first?? Never heard that before..... When i said i was there she asked which car? I seen a jeep tj in front lot by doors and i was mayne 2 cars away in my dodge truck

 

Many girls lie with pics etc and i had weird feeling so i said jeep. Nobody comes out then boom !!! Rcmp truck outta no where comes and pulls out jeep driver. My heart dropped and reversrd and got hell out of there.

 

Put number i used in keywords and seen they used samw number for likr 20 diff ads here in Winnipeg. A sex charge regardless if just a john is some thing none of us need lol be safe out there some of these girls lie cheat and steal

 

Hmmm.... the only time I could see this maybe possibly happening is if a guy is chasing after one of those Asian ads that post pics of girls that look about 14 yrs old.

LE only has the resources to go after under age trafficking. They don't bother with independent providers who are of legal age of consent.

Is there another side to this story that we are not hearing ?

Just the two cents from a verified independent with over 10 yrs experience.

 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the bait and switch. What is worst case scenario. Like of course going to a hotel room and discovering that the girl you paid online isn't the same as the one you see in person. Like can it get as bad as a trafficker or RCMP waiting in that room?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

On the bait and switch. What is worst case scenario. Like of course going to a hotel room and discovering that the girl you paid online isn't the same as the one you see in person. Like can it get as bad as a trafficker or RCMP waiting in that room?

     Yes. But there also possibilities of getting robbed, assaulted or killed.

  For sting operations, they normally wait for the money exchange before making an arrest. If things look wrong, you may walk away. They could still try to charge you for solicitation, but it would entirely depend on what was said during communications.

  Traffickers won't normally allow you to directly communicate with her and will handle the money in person. You should see some clues things are not normal and be able to get out.

  But in most cases, the person you'll meet will simply be different in term of appearance, age and services offered. As some ladies under management have little control on their ads, you can sometimes take a chance based on their sincerity. Best ways to avoid this remain doing your homework, talking directly to the lady and only meet those with solid reputations.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hue said:

I asked to call and say hi thinking of avoiding scams stuff and had no problems before making voice contact with a simple "hi" with other SPs but this time I was told I'm a time waster & such after texting and just about to meet her before the attempted call and it all went south 😶 

     Yes, you already covered that and sharing this won't change what happened.

 There plenty of reasons to post warnings, hurt feelings is not one of them. From what you presented, she's legit and was simply in a bad mood. Suck it up and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     About the " 100% REAL PICS OR FREE " promises...

   If you haven't figured out yet, those are meaningless and unenforceable. You can complain to the lady or her manager, but either way you'll be on the losing end of that conversation. If an incall, turn around and go home. If outcall, you can negotiate a way out of the situation or bite the bullet. But if you escalate this by calling law enforcement without serious reasons, you'll end up sharing the same legal problems as them.

    Reasons more to do your homework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Greenteal said:

      I don't think she did anything wrong other than the fake/misleading pictures. When you pay for 15 min, you get the minimalistic services that come with it. And considering the current global health crisis, she has the right to be selective about who gets uncovered services or not.

      If you want more, better book for longer sessions with recommended providers. 

      

Yeah it's not her the main problem, it's just that since I was new, I thought 15 minutes, half hour or an hour meant you can do whatever you want for the alloted time. I didn't think you had to leave if you came.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...