What would you do? Rogers is mis-charging me in my favour

I signed up for ignite TV back in March. For three months they tried to get my computer to be able to login into their online platform for viewing when not at home. It would only work on a Rogers network. It's suppose to work everywhere. 

So by the end of it all, I was credited 3 months of service and given $40 off my bundle for the next year. 

2 months ago I cut cable altogether for streaming services. I only have internet and phone with Rogers now. 

My bill for unlimited internet is $30/month taxes in because they are applying the $40 credit that was only suppose to be for the bundle package I no longer have. Plus they are only charging me the bundle price for internet at $60/month instead of the regularly advertised price of 100/month. So basically I'm getting roughly $80 off my bill for their mistake. 

I have this credit for a year. I have about 9 months to go. 

I know what I'm going to do. Curious, what would you do?  Tell them and lose the credit or keep your mouth shut and save?

• Like 2

I'd definitely just keep my mouth shut and enjoy the discounts until they figure it out.

It's not like you are actively trying to Scam them or anything 

My opinion, these big company are making millions of $ from selling their services at a really high price(compared to the states) and it's not because they are giving a $80/month discount that they will lose their shirt.  I'm a fair type of guy and if I get what I'm paying for I don't mind giving the money out to them.  The only thing I've always been afraid of was if they discover their own mistakes they might want to send you a bill after 10 months and say "We are sorry for the mistake but you now owe us $800.00 for what you received".

That would suck big time...

Just saying...

• Like 1

I agree they make millions of dollars.  But they won't feel the least bit guilty about collecting past due amounts even if the reason for the bill being past due is a bookkeeping error on their part.  If it was me I'd let them know of the error (of their ways LOL), see what they say.  Maybe they'll give credit on this bill and then go back to a correct bill.  Far better than to say nothing and a get a mega big bill to pay them after a year.

That's what I'd do

RG

• Like 1

Yes, that would be the proper thing to do..(I think) maybe 😬.. But then on the other hand.... They never seem to be bothered when Your internet, Programming Goes Out or isn't working Properly also.. It seems. So, I'm thinking that I'd pretend I didn't know a thing, shake it off my mind.. and Enjoy. Maybe buy a case or beer.. or wine.. Snacks.. Enjoy some TV.. and relax. If it was ever brought up by the Provider.. "I didn't realize anything.. Don't know anything.. And just figured it was some kind of Promotion for being such a great customer. Hahaha... Sorry but I would 😊

image.gif.ce861061688b57938c8cace21ef923ee.gif

I probably would have just assumed I was entitled to it, and not said a thing, as promos and discounts are often available, and it wouldn't be that out of the ordinary for something to be a good deal for me after I made adjustments to my accounts.  I'd stay blissfully ignorant.

But  as soon as i thought it was something i wasn't entitled to have, i would correct it.

I personally wouldn't touch it. Everything is documented and subject to be reviewed and audited. If unsure if this credit is actually yours, I would suggest contacting them. 

No matter who did the mistake, if you wrongfully spend it they will charge you.