Hey folks,

It seems like there's been a lot of strife, frustration and possibly even anger being expressed on this forum of late.  Maybe it's the time of year, maybe it's general stress being manifested, or maybe it's just certain personalities clashing. 

No matter what the reason, maybe it's time for all of us to take a little step back, and remember that for many people the various holidays bring along a lot of mixed emotions and often feelings of lonliness.

So while this is really off topic, in the spirit of the season I'm just saying that we all probably know someone that is suffering somehow, in some way right now, and maybe a simple and quick acknowledgement of the other person's existence will help them out more than you could imagine.

If you can think of someone that you've met, either online or in real life that you haven't heard from in awhile, or you have an inkling that they might be struggling with something.  Reach out, say hi. And let them know they aren't alone in the world.

OldandNerdy out.

• Like 2

I agree with what what you are saying OldandNerdy, many of us take life a bit too seriously and stress ourselves a little too much and I'm one of those person so yes, I will step back and think of those that may need help during this time of year.

A few years ago when my only son was living out west and my wife and I were home alone we sent out an invitation for people we knew were alone for the holiday and/or could not afford a nice meal to come and join us and I even went and pick some of them up myself.

Those  are the people you can see that appreciate the effort given to bring joy in the holiday.  We played card games and laughed at jokes etc... some even slept over until the next morning where we made them breakfast and had a coffee.

• Like 2