Yeah, I heard that too. I don't know the details but she died in her sleep apparently. And she wasn't particularly old too. Very sad. I remember seeing her at the club less than a week before and she seemed fine.

I don't know what this will mean for Taboo in the long term. For now, it's being managed by one of the bouncers and still open for business as usual.

Heard from one of the staff member that Karine the taboo owner died last week

Yeah, I heard that too. I don't know the details but she died in her sleep apparently. And she wasn't particularly old too. Very sad. I remember seeing her at the club less than a week before and she seemed fine.

I don't know what this will mean for Taboo in the long term. For now, it's being managed by one of the bouncers and still open for business as usual.

That is sad to hear. Did she play an active role in the business ? Not sure I would recognize her.

Older blonde woman. I've seen her there a few times. When she was in, she would spend most of her time in the office though, or sometimes talking to the staff/regulars.

That is sad to hear. Did she play an active role in the business ? Not sure I would recognize her.

On 7/7/2018 at 6:32 PM, zbla said:

Avoid Crystal who is a new girl @ Taboo. Worst case of stripper math I've seen.

Was this a Crystal with blonde hair, short, nice body...? Maybe one you've seen in the news lately?

21 hours ago, dtr_acr said:

Was this a Crystal with blonde hair, short, nice body...? Maybe one you've seen in the news lately?

I would say she was short, can't remember the hair colour but it could have been blonde and I don't thin she was super slim.  She had a friend that she was wanting me to have a duo with and I went with just 'Crystal'.  She claimed I had 8 songs for $160 I told her we had 4 maximum and reminded her we had been in the CR for less than 15 minutes, she disputed this etc.  I put $80 in her hand and told her she had lost a repeat customer and she told me to F-off.  I've been back twice and haven't seen her.

I seem to recall she told me she was from Montreal but she seemed to be an anglo.

On 10/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, dtr_acr said:

That would be Celica, the girl who made the news recently. Not Crystal.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:35 AM, zbla said:

I would say she was short, can't remember the hair colour but it could have been blonde and I don't thin she was super slim.  She had a friend that she was wanting me to have a duo with and I went with just 'Crystal'.  She claimed I had 8 songs for $160 I told her we had 4 maximum and reminded her we had been in the CR for less than 15 minutes, she disputed this etc.  I put $80 in her hand and told her she had lost a repeat customer and she told me to F-off.  I've been back twice and haven't seen her.

I seem to recall she told me she was from Montreal but she seemed to be an anglo.

Yeah and I think I've met this Crystal. Actually a brunette, short, curvy, English speaking and from Mtl, travelling with a friend (who was much more honest). I think she danced for only a few days earlier this year. She did the same thing to me, asking for significantly more songs than she did, but when I confronted her, she backed off and admitted she "miscounted". Another stripper told me it wasn't her first time ripping off people (maybe it was you zbla?). When I went back a few days later, I was told that she was kicked out of the club for getting drunk and misbehaving somehow.

I recall this Crystal now. Met her once but didn't have this problem 

You are correct, I confused Celicas stage name with her real name.

10 hours ago, rocky racoon said:

Yeah and I think I've met this Crystal. Actually a brunette, short, curvy, English speaking and from Mtl, travelling with a friend (who was much more honest). I think she danced for only a few days earlier this year. She did the same thing to me, asking for significantly more songs than she did, but when I confronted her, she backed off and admitted she "miscounted". Another stripper told me it wasn't her first time ripping off people (maybe it was you zbla?). When I went back a few days later, I was told that she was kicked out of the club for getting drunk and misbehaving somehow.

Yep, that was her.  I never did speak with her friend.  She didn't seem to be chatting with the regular girls who tend to hang out by the bar and chat up the regulars.

When she tried to rip me off, we came out of the CR and she was shouting at me that I had ripped her off, and I quickly darted out of the place so I'm sure some of the regulars saw all of that.  I've been back since but nobody has mentioned it to me that they saw me that day.

How can anyone double up the # of songs especially since I was coherent.

Had a girl dance for me on Tuesday and after each song ended reminded me how many we had already and did I want another.

As well, the menu was only offered after 2 songs not as soon as the curtain is drawn etc which I find a bit offputting.

11 hours ago, rocky racoon said:

That would be Celica, the girl who made the news recently. Not Crystal.

Celica as in the former type of  Toyota ? 😜

7 hours ago, zbla said:

Celica as in the former type of  Toyota ? 😜

That is what I thought of when I met her. She pronounced it celeeeka which I'd never heard of.