SP texts me out of the blue...

There's an SP i've met three times in the past. Most recently was just before NYE.

We've had fun meets and some nice conversational chats as well.

Today, out of the blue, they text me asking how I've been, saying it's been awhile since we chatted. We've never had a social chat interaction except for imminent visits.  She's a nice girl, and I always looked at it as just business.  Coincidentally, while we were briefly texting today, I mentioned I have to go up to the city later today.  She said I should drop by to see her.

What does this mean when it's the SP themselves who initiates the conversation after many weeks?

I dunno if she's looking at this as a business meet or something else. If she had phrased it as...would you like to see me?...it'd be easier to understand.

Maybe business has been slow lately and she's reaching out to former clients? Personally I think out of the blue messages like that can be problematic, especially for people who are attached.

If I'm down, I'll probably see them either way...but just wondering what the community's thoughts on this is.

Cheers!

• Like 3

I have always maintained. A level of discretion in my correspondence Where my Gentleman know that I would never text out of the blue.. If I ever had to because it was a real emergency. The only thing I text is hello.

I would make sure that you clear up the intentions right away. , as you never want to have miscommunications, of course, and she should also do that on her end. Maybe she is a new provider who has not yet learned the importance of discretion and clarity

I can say that the  idea that right now this time of year. It is a bit slower than usual. So some providers may be panicking. It is one of the drawbacks to this industry. It can be feast or famine. . Any other ladies reading this post, and are feeling the pressure. Of being slow. Don't worry. It will pick up soon.😘

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would make sure it's really her texting you and not the "management"(who owns the phone) fishing for clients.

I maintained some correspondence with SP's or arrangements, but was always with private emails.

Not saying it's a scam. But not knowing the relationship between you two, I would advise some caution.

2 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

I would make sure it's really her texting you and not the "management"(who owns the phone) fishing for clients.

I maintained some correspondence with SP's or arrangements, but was always with private emails.

Not saying it's a scam. But not knowing the relationship between you two, I would advise to be cautious.

Good point in general. I'm pretty sure she's independent, based on our meets and previous conversations. It's always possible though...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

I have always maintained. A level of discretion in my correspondence Where my Gentleman know that I would never text out of the blue.. If I ever had to because it was a real emergency. The only thing I text is hello.

I would make sure that you clear up the intentions right away. , as you never want to have miscommunications, of course, and she should also do that on her end. Maybe she is a new provider who has not yet learned the importance of discretion and clarity

I can say that the  idea that right now this time of year. It is a bit slower than usual. So some providers may be panicking. It is one of the drawbacks to this industry. It can be feast or famine. . Any other ladies reading this post, and are feeling the pressure. Of being slow. Don't worry. It will pick up soon.😘

That's the other part of it, the day before V-day, which confused me. Is it a case of business being slow, or maybe she's just lonely. She's been in the business for awhile, so I don't think it's an amateurish issue.  SP's at the end of the day, are real people with needs too. I dunno if it's common at all for SP's to seek out non business arrangements with a select client.

The way the chat went, a person could be totally mistaken in going there, sitting on the couch, chatting it up and hanging out,etc..until a moment came when/if the SP requested a donation.  I think a lot of people could genuinely read that message either way. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, callofthewild73 said:

She said I should drop by to see her.

24 minutes ago, callofthewild73 said:

What does this mean when it's the SP themselves who initiates the conversation after many weeks?

I'm Assuming that she "asking for a Booking". 

Weather its Slow Times or She just needs Money... I "Don't Agree With these Kinds of Texts"!! When a Hobbyest Gets Out Of the Blue Texts from Services Providers... That Is "Breaking Discretion"!! If The Tables Were Turned, I'd "Block Her", "Let Her Know This Is Acceptable". This is Just Me Though..I Think Out of the Blue Texts,Phone Calls, An SP asking a Client To Book is 100% WRONG.. No Matter What Their Excuss Is! 

Just Saying 💋

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, callofthewild73 said:

There's an SP i've met three times in the past. Most recently was just before NYE.

Today, out of the blue, they text me asking how I've been, saying it's been awhile since we chatted. We've never had a social chat interaction except for imminent visits.  She's a nice girl, and I always looked at it as just business.  Coincidentally, while we were briefly texting today, I mentioned I have to go up to the city later today.  She said I should drop by to see her.

I dunno if she's looking at this as a business meet or something else. If she had phrased it as...would you like to see me?...it'd be easier to understand.

Maybe business has been slow lately and she's reaching out to former clients? Personally I think out of the blue messages like that can be problematic, especially for people who are attached.

If I'm down, I'll probably see them either way...but just wondering what the community's thoughts on this is.

Cheers!

Like you mentioned for someone who is attached it can be problematic.  I have had some ladies text me 2,3,4 days, week or months after I had texted them saying that they now have free time for me.  Now these are ladies that I have not had the pleasure of meeting and I often will tell them that I was only visiting her area at the time and that I don't do business there anymore.  Some of the regular ladies that I see have been told by myself to ask about a certain thing about my work so that it will pass as a customer instead as a service she want to offer to me.

I also got some ladies that did ask me to go and see them simply because they enjoyed my company and even though I offered money they refused it because they said that they were the one who wanted to see me and not the other way around.  Keep in mind that this happened to me only 3 times in the 12+ years that I have been seeing SP's.  This one time a traveling lady asked if I could pick her up and bring her to the airport, of course I did because I cared about her and always had a good time.  Needless to say I spend some time with her before driving her to the airport and there was no exchange of money involved.

In my opinion when a lady like this sends you a text and asks how you have been doing etc... she may be trying to get you to visit her or simply cares about you.  Like you mentioned is she looking for business or personal transaction?   You have to decipher the message yourself and go with what your guts tell you or just ask come out and ask her what she really is looking for?

Good luck.

• Like 1

Ask her flat out. 
Nothing is wrong with open communication and making sure both of you are on the same page. Keeping things clear and understood on both sides keeps both of you happy. 

Most of the time, I will reach out to a client, if I have been given permission to do so. In the form of communication of their choice (text or email). If I need to reach out randomly to someone, I keep it to 9-5 and keep it civic professional. On those occasions its is with someone that I have seen multiple times and we have repour built. 

I hope things get figured out for you. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, callofthewild73 said:

Good point in general. I'm pretty sure she's independent, based on our meets and previous conversations. It's always possible though...

It's not always obvious as many ladies are semi-independent. They normally manage their own booking but give some responsibilities like marketing, communication, transport or others to someone else.

Not always something they share.

4 hours ago, callofthewild73 said:

If you have had met her several times and communicated with her at the times of those bookings i would believe it to be her that reached out to you...not saying it was right but could be for a few reasons something you and her should discuss when you do talk again..hope you two work it out 😊

• Like 1

Hope it works out for you, there are a couple of SP's that I have connected with better than others. We are all human and find most SP's to be very genuine people who if I knew them outside of the business that I would really enjoy their friendship. 

We are now invested in this so you will have to let us know how it turns out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've been contacted a couple of times by a couple of SPs I had seen in the months prior to.  The texts were obviously business related, but it threw me off at first.  I generally don't keep numbers on my phone, so I had to look up the numbers in each case.  It was easy, because I don't see many SPs.  I like to think I am on their "nice" list which is why they contacted me.  But, it is still a bit unnerving.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 3:03 PM, callofthewild73 said:

Cheers!

UPDATE:

Like I said at the beginning, I was going down to the city anyway. About 3/4 of the way there, I get a text from her, with an explicit pic attached.  The text basically said, that she'd really like to see me before I leave the city.  That's the first time she's ever done that kind of message or sent a pic like that.  I read that as an invite, not a booking.  I said I'd be over shortly.

I get there. She greets me in lingerie. Right to the bedroom. Little bit of chatting and feeling each other up. No exchange of cash or request. Normally when I've gone into meets with her or any other SP, I get that out of the way upfront.

Goes right into lots of sex shortly afterwards.

After we're done. We chatted for awhile after in bed. Got dressed and ready to leave. Absolutely no vibe or anything that this was a business meet. Shoes come on and I'm about to head out the door and I get a "ummmn....are you going to pay me?"

I won't go into detail about what was said afterwards. There was a conversation.  I did pay her for her time, as I always said I was prepared for this either way.  I'm not cool with the way it went about.

Suffice it to say, they've been blocked on my phone and there won't be future meets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, callofthewild73 said:

After we're done. We chatted for awhile after in bed. Got dressed and ready to leave. Absolutely no vibe or anything that this was a business meet. Shoes come on and I'm about to head out the door and I get a "ummmn....are you going to pay me?"

I won't go into detail about what was said afterwards. There was a conversation.  I did pay her for her time, as I always said I was prepared for this either way.  I'm not cool with the way it went about.

Suffice it to say, they've been blocked on my phone and there won't be future meets.

As some ladies already mentioned, this is the reason why you should clearly ask if business or off the clock. Even if you were prepared, it was still awkward she had to ask payment after she invited you. When I received invites from an SP/arrangement, things were always clear if off the clock, for tips or reduced or standard rates. There's no friendship or chemistry when things end so awkwardly.

No matter the kind of business, misleading pressure sales never pays in the long term. 

7 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

As some ladies already mentioned, this is the reason why you should clearly ask if business or off the clock. Even if you were prepared, it was still awkward she had to ask payment after she invited you. When I received invites from an SP/arrangement, things were always clear if off the clock, for tips or reduced or standard rates. There's no friendship or chemistry when things end so awkwardly.

No matter the kind of business, misleading pressure sales never pays in the long term. 

Not only after invited...but after sex....and on my way out the door,lol

It all started after I get an out of the blue text from an SP I hadn't seen in almost 2 months. And that starts an altogether different conversation about my number being on an SP's phone that long, and being cold called.

• Like 1

IMHO you should have only expected this to be a "business check in"

While there are some amazing people here in this business that provide an amazing experience that establishes a connection with their clients, in the end it is a professional relationship. 

I know you were on the fence about it, and prepared if asked, but to be upset at the eventual outcome from meeting up with someone who you only had a professional relationship with...  

If this was your lawyer that you have only ever seen on a professional basis, and your lawyer contacted you randomly and asked if you wanted to drop by when you were in the city, would you expect them to just want to hang out with you or would you expect there to be a billable reason for it?

I'm not sure about other clients on this forum, but I enjoy receiving the out of the blue text from a provider that I've seen a few times and built a rapport with.  Even if it doesn't end in us getting together, it still means that she thought of me, for whatever reason, and that feels nice, and helps strengthen that rapport.  I've ended up having some nice and genuine conversations from the "random 'miss you'" text. 

I fully understand the reason for the random message, and accept it for what it is.  Wow, I tend to ramble on sometimes in my old age...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, callofthewild73 said:

UPDATE:

Like I said at the beginning, I was going down to the city anyway. About 3/4 of the way there, I get a text from her, with an explicit pic attached.  The text basically said, that she'd really like to see me before I leave the city.  That's the first time she's ever done that kind of message or sent a pic like that.  I read that as an invite, not a booking.  I said I'd be over shortly.

I get there. She greets me in lingerie. Right to the bedroom. Little bit of chatting and feeling each other up. No exchange of cash or request. Normally when I've gone into meets with her or any other SP, I get that out of the way upfront.

Goes right into lots of sex shortly afterwards.

I knew this, like I said in my "Comment Above"!! What I said might of sound Harsh,Blunt but, it's what I thought/Felt. Discretion is 100% on BOTH Sides. There is "No Excuse" for Out of the Blue Texts to the Client. Yes of course if the SP is given Permission. She was Contacting Clients .. Asking for Bookings 😮.. That is "A Huge No No"!! 

I Rest My Case..  😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OldandNerdy said:

MHO you should have only expected this to be a "business check in"

I Disagree, a Service Provider should be "Nerver Ever" contacting a Client For a Booking, Ever! Weather the Times are slow, money is needed.. Whichever.. There's No Excuss! 

Maybe I'm Different, Maybe Me Thinking Discretion is 100% on BOTH ENDS is Different..but I Highly Doubt it!

"If A Client "Broke Our (SP's) Discretion, We'd Be Furious, Blacklist Listing Him, Giving Him A Piece Of Our Mind" .. And "Should Be NO Different On Their End" 

Just My Opinion 😉       

• Like 2

Guest MelanieRose

I would just ask her what she means and explain that you don't want out of the blue texts. Most people would understand! I never message out of the blue unless told otherwise as some people like it but thats only if they say to do so.  But it's always good to communicate about things to get a better understanding. If unsure it might make for an awkward situation.  

Edited by MelanieRose

"callofthewild73", I would imagine you were not the only "Hobbyist"(Client) that she had Texted. She was Plainly Texting Asking For Bookings from her passed Clients. 

This Is The Reason Why At Times, Clients Would Say "Please Don't Text Me Until I Contact You".... When I Hear This My Response is "Of Course, I Would Never"!!  .... They  Feel This is Needed To Say To Hopefully "Avoid Out Of The Blue Texts" ..... 

I'm Sorry, I Feel "Out Of The Blue Texts" are So Wrong! 

• Like 2

If this happens to anybody else in the future simply say, "Sorry short on cash this week" and see how quickly the conversation ends lol. Business is business.

Edited by Jigglerz
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jigglerz said:

If this happens to anybody else in the future simply say, "Sorry short on cash this week" and see how quickly the conversation ends lol. Business is business.

Not sure this kind of passive agressive response is necessary. Not all women in this line of work are "gold diggers". An honest and respectful conversation will clarify the situation and intent.

If you get unwelcomed communications, send an honest response. And if it doesn't work, block the number.

43 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

If you get unwelcomed communications, send an honest response. And if it doesn't work, block the number.

Your Correct, Not All in this line of work are Gold Diggers.. And Not All "Send Out Of The Blue Texts, Asking For Bookings"! 

That is Very Very Unprofessional of the Service Provider... "It's Not Power Of The Pussy, Respect & Disretion Most Hobbyist & Service Providers Want & Expect... However, Maybe Some are Okay With Behaviour😘  

• Like 1

I have had two ladies in the Halifax area contact me out of the blue and it is very unnerving. Both fairly experienced SP and fairly popular. One I only seen once. I just very politely told them I wasn't in town and that I would contact THEM when I was. I've haven't received a text since and I haven't reached out to them since and probably won't.  Discretion is a must and out of the blue text is not cool, especially where cars will read your text to you while driving and who knows who is in the car with you.  Scary. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1