SP texts me out of the blue...

This happened to me just last week. I assumed discretion was a given in the business. I let her know I did not appreciate the random texts and asked why she would do that. She was surprised and hasn't contacted me again.

its no secret that a lot of men are in relationships. What if the phone is sitting next to a "nosy" significant other and he isn't around. Busted!!!!!!

I think it's bad etiquette on the SP's part. If he wants to book he will let you know. I will never contact that particular provider again because of this.

• Like 1

On February 20, 2020 at 9:44 PM, CharlieH said:

This happened to me just last week. I assumed discretion was a given in the business. I let her know I did not appreciate the random texts and asked why she would do that. She was surprised and hasn't contacted me again.

Sadly "Discretion" isn't a Given in this Business. It Depends on "The Particular Sp, your seeing. Yes, Discretion should be 100% on Both Ends of course. 

You weren't the only Hobbyist/Client  that she "Sent Out Of Blue Texts Too."

Although, I bet She doesn't get the "Negative Reaction",You Showed very often. ""Good For You CharlieH""!! 

Some Don't Mind "Out Of Blue Texts" (I've Heard) ..

Although, In This Business There Should Never Be Out Of Blue Texts 

Just My Opinion 💋

This must be a slow time of the year because in the last 2 weeks I received 6 of those "out of the blue" text.  Many were only "Hi!" or ":classic_biggrin:" or "Hey buddy" etc. and I even got a very sexy video of a lady stripped down to nothing on her bed with the mention "I'm in your area for a few days".  

I'm just glad that none of these were detected by my wife. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

This must be a slow time of the year because in the last 2 weeks I received 6 of those "out of the blue" text.  Many were only "Hi!" or ":classic_biggrin:" or "Hey buddy" etc. and I even got a very sexy video of a lady stripped down to nothing on her bed with the mention "I'm in your area for a few days".  

Ugh that would be so bad. 

I’m generally safe with my phone, but pictures and videos out of the blue are so dangerous. 

If an SP is in the area and wanted to let me know, I think I’d prefer my hobby email. That way I still get it, without being super overt, and without me having to check Lyla all the time if I’m going into a dormant time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotchJohnson said:

BINGO!! Your Right NJ 😉.. Business has been Oddly Slower in Most Cities, and for Most Providers... Everywhere, even Touring Ladies. The Couple High Rep Ladies I've been in contact with.. Don't remember a "Time Like This".

However, I Really Don't Understand these "Out Of Blue Texts" 😮... Weather times are Slow, the Provider needs $$, Whatever the reason is... I Don't get it! "

Are Hobbyists Alright With These "Out Of Blue Texts"??(I Do Know Some Hobbyist Feel Bad For them so they will Book) OR .... 

Are These Out Of Blue Texts Okay "As Long As The SO Doesn't See Them"?? (What happens if the SO did see them) 

Am I One Of The Few That Doesn't "Send Out Of Blue Texts" Even So, I'll Stick With Being One Of The Few"!! 

I Beleive "Discretion" Is 100% .. On My End & Your End. If the Discretion is Broke in anyway, there's no going back. If you Break My Discretion.. Your Blacklist. 

If I Break Your Discretion.. I'd Expect to be Blacklisted with you. 

Anyways, I think I could talk until I'm Blue in the Face.... What is about "Discretion" some don't Understand?? 🤔

• Like 1

Guest MelanieRose

@katie  I feel like It's only okay to text if it's a mutual agreement between myself and a client. If a client in a different province asks me to text or email him next time I'm in town and says it's safe, then I don't see the problem and would send him a text to let him know I'm visiting. Not all of my clients have significant others so that could be why some are fine or welcome it. It's more so if there isn't an agreement that issues would arise.

Edited by MelanieRose

14 minutes ago, MelanieMystery said:

@katie  I feel like It's only okay to text if it's a mutual agreement between myself and a client. If a client in a different province asks me to text or email him next time I'm in town and says it's safe, then I don't see the problem and would send him a text to let him know I'm visiting. Not all of my clients have significant others so that could be why some are fine or welcome it. It's more so if there isn't an agreement that issues would arise.

Yes, If we get the okay to text.. That's a Different Situation. I've been told by "Hobbyist" to let them know when I'm back in their City or if I know when I'm coming, let them know. I Agree With That. 

However, I don't think that's the Situation in here. I'm quite sure the "Out Of Blue Texts" are Unexpected, Not Mutually Agreed on. From What I've Personally Heard from Hobbyist/Clients, is that Some Sp's will Send These Unexpected Texts, and Most of the Time they are Asking Them for a Visit (Business Wise). How is this Okay, I have No Idea! I think it happens a lot more than We Are Thinking. With that being said, if the Hobbyist Doesn't Put a Stop To Out of Blue Texts, then they have no one to blame.      

16 hours ago, katie said:

BINGO!! Your Right NJ 😉.. Business has been Oddly Slower in Most Cities, and for Most Providers... Everywhere, even Touring Ladies. The Couple High Rep Ladies I've been in contact with.. Don't remember a "Time Like This".

However, I Really Don't Understand these "Out Of Blue Texts" 😮... Weather times are Slow, the Provider needs $$, Whatever the reason is... I Don't get it! "

Are Hobbyists Alright With These "Out Of Blue Texts"??(I Do Know Some Hobbyist Feel Bad For them so they will Book) OR .... 

Are These Out Of Blue Texts Okay "As Long As The SO Doesn't See Them"?? (What happens if the SO did see them) 

Am I One Of The Few That Doesn't "Send Out Of Blue Texts" Even So, I'll Stick With Being One Of The Few"!! 

I Beleive "Discretion" Is 100% .. On My End & Your End. If the Discretion is Broke in anyway, there's no going back. If you Break My Discretion.. Your Blacklist. 

If I Break Your Discretion.. I'd Expect to be Blacklisted with you. 

Anyways, I think I could talk until I'm Blue in the Face.... What is about "Discretion" some don't Understand?? 🤔

I do have some ladies that I allow to text me out of the blues like that but I have their name saved on my phone under a guys name(that I remember well) and they are told to ask a question pertaining to my business, as to not make it look like something weird.

With all of those ladies that texted me with my approval, it was always done during business hours or shortly after saying if it would be ok for tomorrow blah blah blah?

I'm scared lately about those that yesterday while my wife and I decided to go to Costco my phone chirped like I was having a text(luckily I disabled the phone to the car...bluetooth thing a majig) and my wife offered to check my phone while I was driving, I told her that "today is my day off, they(my customers) should know better not to contact me on Sunday.".  She agreed but when we arrived I excused myself to visit the mens room just to find out it was en employee saying that he would be late for work the next day.  That was a relief...

Just saying...

• Like 2

It is very, very slow lately and I know of a couple girls who are doing the cold call texts trying to drum up business.

It's a very bad practice for them to be doing this, but sadly, they really don't care.  I keep reminding them of the risks it puts the guys at; how it could ruin lives; etc., but their attitude seems to be "look, I need money" or  just an overall lack of caring for what the consequences could be. 

Most of the time, these cold call texts lose them business in the long run. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Leviathan31 said:

It is very, very slow lately and I know of a couple girls who are doing the cold call texts trying to drum up business. 

I've been told the same thing. I wonder if it's because of the latest pandemic panic, or people trying to pay off Christmas bills, or the crazy rising cost of living, or the beginning of a recession, or ??? I suppose it's all these and more. Personally, I think there's a nasty recession coming that will wipe out a lot of people who've been racking up their debt since the last one. Hopefully real estate values will fall back to earth.

Edited by Jigglerz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jigglerz said:

I've been told the same thing. I wonder if it's because of the latest pandemic panic, or people trying to pay off Christmas bills, or the crazy rising cost of living, or the beginning of a recession, or ???

There seems to be an influx of fake ads/SP's who give poor service on LL, which may translate into customers being frustrated and turning their backs on the industry.

Also, there are a lot of girls in their mid to late 20's who were Backpage stars a few years ago and should have moved on to different things by now, yet they are still around.  Combine that with the new crop of SP's, the fake ads, these girls who don't actually give service, but are looking for Snapchat/Insta/Twitter followers and you have an inundated market, leaving too many options (good and bad) and leaving the SP (who, 3-4 years ago had a somewhat steady flow of clients) now finding themselves only getting one or two calls a day, if that.

I've also noticed a lot of the girls I know are going out of town because it is "so dead in Halifax", only to find out that while they may see an initial boost in clients the first few days in a new city, the clients drop off fast.

I think the key for an SP now-a-days is to provide top-notch service and build a "regular's" base.  It seems "regulars" are what is keeping many of these girls going recently.  BUT.....a lot of girls provide shitty service and don't get repeats/regulars and post ads like crazy hoping to get some calls.  This brings us back to the flooding of the market.

• Like 2

Another thing I forgot to mention is the MASSIVE upraise in car calls. 

Having an "inside" scoop", I've seen girls, who normally would NEVER do a car call now lowering themselves to the point of using their pants as mats to avoid dirty back seats.  They are taking short/less profitable calls (like, half of what they are used to getting) because that is all they can get sometimes.

It's surprising how many clients just want car calls, especially now that more girls are doing them and they can get good prices.  I guess some dudes just need a quick fix and don't want to, literally, even get out of their car.  These guys had problems finding SP's who would do car calls in the past, but now have a much larger option base and are taking advantage of it big time, which conversely is hurting that girl who shelled out Hotel money and is not getting as many calls. 

• Like 1

True. But I also think it's the inflation crisis we're going through. While certainly not as bad as Argentina or 90s Russia, we're somewhere between normal inflation and hyper-inflation. A fast rising cost of living means hobbyists have less money to spend, while providers need more money to maintain their standard of living. Canada seems to be breaking down.

And furthermore, if Canada shuts down resource development because of the 'woke' global climate crisis shit, our governments are going to need to replace resource royalty revenues with, you got it, increased taxes! AS IF THEY CAN GO UP MUCH MORE!!?? 

Edited by Jigglerz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1