Getting in trouble

Has anyone ever had issues with the law? Theres a few in Truro Im interested in meeting but worry about getting in trouble. Says there is jail time. Definitely not worth it.  I’m just interested in massages. But I feel like if they were enforcing this law it would be crazy easy for them as there’s adds posted everyday and people talking about there encounters.. just wondering what people’s thoughts are on this.

Guest onepound

As long as you’re not looking for kids, minors, you shouldn’t run into trouble. 

Being a hobbyist is illegal but my understanding is that police services are only targeting the pimps, those seeking underage SPs, and the street traffic. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Biker Dude said:

Being a hobbyist is illegal but my understanding is that police services are only targeting the pimps, those seeking underage SPs, and the street traffic. 

The illegal parts are purchasing sexual services and solicitation. Most sting operations toward johns are in regard to the later as easier to catch and prosecute.

For the purchasing part, this is where common sense is required. When meeting a lady you pay for companionship or therapy/massages. What two adults do with their time behind closed door is up to them. As long it's done in private, it's pretty safe.

It is also less of a concern for this government. I will say i am very disappointed that the government did not re look at the amendments to law the Harper government pushed through after the Supreme Court Ruling. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

Truro can be a qwerty little town at times so it wouldn't surprise me at all if suddenly the police chief there decided one day "Hey, let's crack down" to make a name for himself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minuteman06 said:

Truro can be a qwerty little town at times so it wouldn't surprise me at all if suddenly the police chief there decided one day "Hey, let's crack down" to make a name for himself.

Unless the town has a big human trafficking and street action problem, I fail to see why a police chief would want to make it his personal mission. Takes a lot of work to catch clients and build cases that will stand in court. 

From what I can find online, Truro's biggest problems are more related to drugs, vandalism and theft. If the top cop wants to "make a name for himself", he better work on those instead of private bedrooms.

The police chief in Truro has been known to pull exactly a stunt like this for something that hogs resources for very little gain.  It all depends on of he is getting pressure from above or just decided on his own to take this one on.  @Greenteal believe me when I say Truro is qwerky.  If everyone sticks to the known reputable SP's there should never be a problem, even in Truro.

5 hours ago, minuteman06 said:

The police chief in Truro has been known to pull exactly a stunt like this for something that hogs resources for very little gain.  It all depends on of he is getting pressure from above or just decided on his own to take this one on.  @Greenteal believe me when I say Truro is qwerky.  If everyone sticks to the known reputable SP's there should never be a problem, even in Truro.

If the goal is to occasionally make an example as a way to remind people of existing laws, it can be effective. But I doubt it's really a way to shine. Unlike the U.S. our law enforcement officials are not elected.

Little tip if you want to avoid a risky area.  A friend was privy to some info about a concern by the Dartmouth Police about Windmill Rd/hotels on Windmill and certain streets in that area.  I guess there has been a lot of recent activity in the hotels and some private residents in that area.

Probably already a no-go zone for many, but keep an extra heads up if you are seeing anyone in this area. 

• Like 1