Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Yesterday I had lovely twin dogs. Will & Grace were from the same litter, we had them since they were six months old. At one o'clock in the morning I was awoken by Gracie flopping around on our bed. She was convulsing and we had no idea why or how to help her.

My wife & I took turns trying to sooth her. We held her, calmly talked to her and did everything we could to ease her fear. As soon as the vet opened, we were there with our distressed pet. We learned the awful truth later in the day. She had the equilavent of human stroke, for dogs it's called a bleed. She was blind, the convulsions could be controlled with heavy sedatives, but the dog she once was was gone forever.

After 13 years of unconditional love, joy, happiness & laughter, Gracie's journey came to an end. Last night we cried and held Gracie's twin brother, Will, the sole survivor. Today we move on with one dog. Gracie was the 5th dog we've had to put down over the past 30 years. It does not get easier with practice.

The blessing and curse of a companion dog - they work their way into your heart and then they're gone too soon.

• Like 4

Guest **cely***r***ne

Forgetting the code to my safe and can't remember where I stashed the key..ooh dear lord.

Having a great morning stretch earlier... Up on my tippy toes and stretching my harms/hands as high as I can only to forget about the ceiling fan and getting my fingers get hit by the turning blades.

I don't think any of my fingers are broken but a few hurt like hell :(

Going to the grocery store 2 days in a row in Saint John and forgetting my yogurt. Third time will be the charm and I had a list:icon_redface:!!

Getting woken up at 7:00am yesterday by a huge crane truck delivering roofing shingles to the house next door.

Getting woken up at 7:00am today by a crew of power hammers.

Why so early! The roof will still be there at 8:00, oi!

• Like 1

I'm not a coffee drinker unless preparing and/on tour or doing incalls. I was cleaning my suite coffee pot and I accidently touched the burner where the pot sits!

My pour pinky finger is burned but has not blistered yet.

Boy does it hurt and burn like a flipping b*tch OUCH!!:icon_sad:

Additional Comments:

Tracie it was still literally burning and I did have it in cold ice water but then had to get ready for sexy time!

When I got in the bath, WOW did it burn but it's fine now, no blister or even a sign I burnt it.

Thank you for your advice and concern.

Hugs,

Lexy

Edited by Lexy Grace
  • Like 1

Ohhhh dear this is gonna be fun!

I thought today ( which is really thursday) was Friday, and filled up my schedule, but then at the end of last night noticed TODAY IS THURSDAY NOT FRIDAY, as a result I doubled booked on almost every apt! OMG, hope I can sort this out, few of which who has been trying to book for a long time now! Head slap!

YIKES!

• Like 2

Someone thought I might have made pension contributions from my time in the Canadian Forces Reserves (included some Reg Force time) Well I did some digging, thought it might be nice if I had and got it returned to me.

Found out today no pension contributions made, so nothing that can be returned :-(

RG

Semi-packing, needing to leave out the essentials for sexy time before I depart SJ and finish packing in the morning before I depart.

Only the semi-packing SUCKS!!

Got a call from Dad. Mom is in a coma. There is no expectation her situation will improve.

I spoke with my brothers. The Hospice team says their best guess is one to three days.

Our schedule is to leave this coming weekend for our annual run to the Jersey Shore. The packing we thought we were going to spend all week doing in a leisurely fashion is going to get done tomorrow.

Depending on how things work out, we'll do a quick fly-down home from here and leave as scheduled on the weekend or drive down to the Shore, stash our stuff at the campground and fly in and out from there.

Either way, it looks like there will be a lot to ponder whilst sitting on the beach sipping Black Russians.

For now, I wait for the last call.

• Like 4

Got a call from Dad. Mom is in a coma. There is no expectation her situation will improve.

I spoke with my brothers. The Hospice team says their best guess is one to three days.

Our schedule is to leave this coming weekend for our annual run to the Jersey Shore. The packing we thought we were going to spend all week doing in a leisurely fashion is going to get done tomorrow.

Depending on how things work out, we'll do a quick fly-down home from here and leave as scheduled on the weekend or drive down to the Shore, stash our stuff at the campground and fly in and out from there.

Either way, it looks like there will be a lot to ponder whilst sitting on the beach sipping Black Russians.

For now, I wait for the last call.

Tough times.... transitions in life are never easy...

And that was that.

The last cookie has been baked, the last poem written, the last story told.

Mom passed peacefully early this morning.

So it goes ....

• Like 7

And that was that.

So it goes ....

Sorry for your loss BCGuy...your mom is at Peace and I hope you and your family find are able to find some Peace and comfort in your lives in the days and weeks ahead.

And that was that.

So it goes ....

Sorry to hear that... sending you strength xo

Welcome to the club. Sadly, anyone who lives long enough gets to join. But the price of admission is high, someone you love needs to die. It gets better, it just takes time. I feel for you.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Friends who you think are friends and in the end they only used you and took advantage.. Glad to have the toxicity out of my life!

But life goes on! And it is a beautiful day!

Guest D***el B***e

Today I had the single biggest painting catastrophe of my life ... I was standing on the 14th rung of a ladder staining the cedar exterior siding of my house, with my gallon safely anchored to one of the rungs, or so I thought ... as I try to grab and move the gallon, it's handle gave way on one side and I ended up spilling a third of a gallon of acrylic hybrid stain, down 17 feet of ladder and splashing onto the cedar deck below ... and yes, the deck and the siding are different colors!!! Luckily, since I was staining way up there, I had moved all the deck furniture away and had laid down large painters cloth .... the cloth is good to catch small drip and drops, and overspray but not a third of a gallon!!! .... OMFG, I can't believe the fucken mess, I've never had such a major accident. It took forever to clean up. Done painting for today, lol, I'll be at it tomorrow after work.

Today I had the single biggest painting catastrophe of my life ... I was standing on the 14th rung of a ladder staining the cedar exterior siding of my house, with my gallon safely anchored to one of the rungs, or so I thought ... as I try to grab and move the gallon, it's handle gave way on one side and I ended up spilling a third of a gallon of acrylic hybrid stain, down 17 feet of ladder and splashing onto the cedar deck below ... and yes, the deck and the siding are different colors!!! Luckily, since I was staining way up there, I had moved all the deck furniture away and had laid down large painters cloth .... the cloth is good to catch small drip and drops, and overspray but not a third of a gallon!!! .... OMFG, I can't believe the fucken mess, I've never had such a major accident. It took forever to clean up. Done painting for today, lol, I'll be at it tomorrow after work.

If there is any paint damage to your deck and/or siding, see if your homeowners insurance might cover it. I know someone (no not me) who washed their sheets using bleach and took it upstairs to hang out to dry. Well long story short, some bleach was dripping off the sheets, and when they were carried across the living room the bleach dripped on the carpet and discoloured it. Insurance replaced the carpet

I'm just wondering, maybe insurance might pay for any repairs/replacements you might need in this case. In any case, can't hurt to call

Now as for things suck for me. Albeit minor. Went to a framing shop this morning. Want to get my medal, certificate and uniform shoulder flash framed. Carried the cheaply framed certificate (government is cheap you know hence why I want to properly frame it LOL), my medal, shoulder flash to the framing shop...to find out it's closed till next week. Well at least I got a walk in this morning

RG

Ladies plagiarising from other ladies.....using their ad titles (verbatim)and content, and passing it off as their own.

When a lady's ad titles and content is stolen (yes plagiarism is stealing) that is attempting to pass yourself off as that lady

And in the context of this lifestyle, just my opinion, but it's just as bad as using another lady's photos as your own when you advertise

Most companions spend a lot of time and effort into presenting themselves as someone unique and distinct. Stealing their hard work just shows a lack of ethics and integrity, and only reflects bad on you. And it does get noticed, not a good thing

A rambling

RG

I love dogs, I love all pets but I am on my last nerve with my neighbours' dog. They let it bark incessantly and take no notice as to how much it annoys the rest of us trying to enjoy our backyard! I am seconds away from calling bylaw.

• Like 1