Things that suck, and not in a good way.

By email, as I was also suspicious, and I called the toll free number on the back of the card to be sure it was legitimate. They put me in touch with the fraud people immediately.

• Like 1

CTV/Bell Media who are again butchering the Super Bowl this year by hijacking the Fox channel.

I highly doubt any of Tim Horton and other CTV commercials are worth the $5million per 30 seconds.

They even blocked the Fox Sports app.

Wondering why piracy is so widespread? That kind of BS is a large part of it.

Thank you Bell Media and CTV for putting us on par with China and North Korea in term of communication.

On Friday (this past Friday Feb 14) when it was pretty damn cold out the TPMS tripped indicating low tire pressure in the right rear tire.  In fact no problems with the tire pressure at all, just the cold tripped the sensor.

Was going to try to self fix it (there is a reset) but waited till today (yes the cold LOL) Today went out tried the fix but it won't reset it. So come Wednesday (weekends and Family Day today mechanic closed)...and I've got weekly breakfast out tomorrow truck goes into the garage to have the sensor reset...sucks just a pain in the ass

Guess I can't complain really...two years almost to the day since I bought it, first hiccup this truck has given me (and that isn't just weekly drives but includes a trip to Halifax and back)

RG

Filing my taxes. I'm still doing it on paper even if likely much faster electronically. This year they included the "Schedule 1" to the main form. While this may look like something to save paper, IT DOESN'T!

The return is average, but at least I'm done for the year.

Coming back from my mini road trip and someone parked in my spot.  It's a clearly marked spot not just with lines but apartment numbers, and a sign clearly indicating this area for tenant parking only, and where guest parking is

I pay for the spot, some "guest" (who I found after a bit of a search) decides to make himself at home

Should have blocked him in but then I'd block other tenants

RG😠

As mentioned in the highlight of the day, I'm on a 7 day trip in Cancun, Mexico(that is a highlight).  What really sucks is that I'm returning home tomorrow and what sucks even more is that I will have to isolate for 14 days in the event that I have contacted the covid19 virus.   Nobody here shows sign of it and anytime we go for a meal we are given a shot of purell.  I'm all for the quarantine part because I do not want to infect anyone in case I'm only a carrier.  

So to all the ladies that I had booked with for the next 2 weeks please accept my apologies in advance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

As mentioned in the highlight of the day, I'm on a 7 day trip in Cancun, Mexico(that is a highlight).  What really sucks is that I'm returning home tomorrow and what sucks even more is that I will have to isolate for 14 days in the event that I have contacted the covid19 virus.   Nobody here shows sign of it and anytime we go for a meal we are given a shot of purell.  I'm all for the quarantine part because I do not want to infect anyone in case I'm only a carrier.  

So to all the ladies that I had booked with for the next 2 weeks please accept my apologies in advance.

As many places are closed in the Ottawa area, sports events and expositions are either postponed or cancelled, most of us are pretty much in the same situation.

Don't know if it belongs in last thing purchased thread or this one but I ordered a cane on Amazon because my left knee hurts (like on a scale of 1-10 it fluctuates 7-9) and exercises don't help left knee anymore (right knee touch wood feels OK)

With COVID 19 they don't want to do surgery and frankly I don't want surgery done now under current situation.  So to help me walk I'm resorting to a cane...but f*ck besides the pain I feel old and kinda crippled too

So having to purchase a cane is more a thing that sucks

The only bright side in this is (I hope) it's a temporary measure and I'll get surgery in the future

RG

• Like 2

Reality shows! I absolutely hate those as 90+% of the time the entire premise is complete BS.

The concept of "reality" is anecdotal at best with bad undisclosed reenactments of questionnable accounts of real-life events.

Claims of "unscripted" is completely false. Even if most of the dialogue is adlibbed, there's a clearly written outline of the story. Far from a new concept, as many sitcoms used the formula since the 60's. Also, most of those shows can be destroyed with a simple Google search revealing how some "simple everyday men and women" and "career professionals" are actors. Some do get ill, injured or die, but it's always revealed months before an episode was supposed to air. Not even unique to reality shows as often happen in the production of all types of TV and movies.

I don't think all those shows are horrible. Some have interesting concepts. But the poor/misleading execution often crippled those in a few episodes. Shows like "COPS", ran(and still does) for 3 decades with a simple premise and an honest depiction of law enforcement while respecting privacy laws. But others like "Border Security", completely butchered that concept with a lack of consent in filming real travellers. This created numerous complaints to Civil Liberties Associations and the Canadian Privacy Commissionner, until cancellation after 3 seasons.

Those shows killed all music and documentary channels. No wonder so many people adopted Netflix and HBO to escape that crap.

Sorry for the rant. But I suppose that thread was made for it.

Happy Easter weekend to all.

Damn forgot it was Easter Weekend in my planning...means my weekly trip out for groceries next week won't be on Monday but on Tuesday.  Yes I know I can grocery shop on Monday but next week I also have to do some banking (transfer funds for etransfer...can't do it on line at home)

and part b of things that suck...a kitten named Beatrix who thinks it's ok to walk across the keyboard and turn my computer off in the middle of me making this post LOL

It means I'm incarcerated with my cellmate Beatrix Kiddo untill 8am Tuesday

RG

• Like 1

A minor thing that sucks...more like inconvenience really.  Bank hours have changed because of COVID 19 and the bank opens at 10am now, not 9am.  I got the money to transfer this morning for an upcoming date but can't deposit it untill tomorrow 10am (I suppose I could have waited 1 1/2 hrs after finishing grocery shopping...finished 830am) but some frozen foods might have thawed.

So I went home and tomorrow it's off to the bank at 10am to deposit some money then back home and etransfer it to a companion I'm booking a date with in the future

A rambling 

RG

• Like 2

Had a doctor's appointment tomorrow for my knee, likely to set up an appointment for cortisone shots.  Got a call this morning from the doctor's office. Because of COVID 19 all non emergency appointments cancelled, and that includes my appointment tomorrow.  It's rescheduled (touch wood) to June 11.  In the meantime my f*cking left knee hurts like hell

Piece of advice buy stock in Tylenol, I think sales are going to skyrocket LOL

A painful rambling

RG

• Sad 2

Prices increases at McDonald's.

It's always been a guilty pleasure to occasionally pick up a breakfast meal and normally choose the same. But what used to cost under $12 in February is now over $16. I understand essential workers deserve a bit more to serve customers under the current situation. But I find unwise to make customers pay for it when so many pizza places, restaurants and delivery services currently offer rebates. I found some websites blaming the raise of the minimal wage for the prices increases, but there seems to be more to it.

The place used to be affordable and convenient. But for the price of breakfast, you can get a large pizza elsewhere with enough for two or three meal. The convenience is maybe still there, but the value NOT.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:18 AM, Greenteal said:

Prices increases at McDonald's.

It's always been a guilty pleasure to occasionally pick up a breakfast meal and normally choose the same. But what used to cost under $12 in February is now over $16. I understand essential workers deserve a bit more to serve customers under the current situation. But I find unwise to make customers pay for it when so many pizza places, restaurants and delivery services currently offer rebates. I found some websites blaming the raise of the minimal wage for the prices increases, but there seems to be more to it.

The place used to be affordable and convenient. But for the price of breakfast, you can get a large pizza elsewhere with enough for two or three meal. The convenience is maybe still there, but the value NOT.

I have not have a breakfast sandwich at Tim's in a long time and they used to be 2 for $5 so recently I decided to go for that deal and ordered 2 of them and that including the coffee came up to around $11.40, I only noticed it at the window so what could I do.  On the up side I got a box of 10 timbits for free.

Things That Suck...A BRAT!!! cat that jumped (yes jumped) up on the computer keyboard in the middle of me writing a post in "Corona Viruses Memes And Jokes" thread.  Spent most of the past few minutes fixing it up (I hope)

Yes I rescued her from a shelter, when the hell will I be saved from her LOL

Yes a true, but tongue in cheek thing that sucks

RG

thumbnail_20191016_140547.jpg

• Like 1

I love supporting local businesses but you may want to re-consider ordering through 3rd party delivery services as they charge 10-30% and the restaurants end up losing money. Order direct from the restaurant.  The link below is a great explanation of how this is hurting local businesses.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WildTiger said:

I love supporting local businesses but you may want to re-consider ordering through 3rd party delivery services as they charge 10-30% and the restaurants end up losing money. Order direct from the restaurant.  The link below is a great explanation of how this is hurting local businesses.

Most restaurants using "Skip the Dishes" or others, don't have their own delivery services. If you want to skip over third party fees, better consider using the take-out option and tip those businesses yourself.

Things That Suck...Insomnia.  Just couldn't get to sleep last night till about 4am...today just been dragging my a$$

A Tired RG 

Amazon and Canada Post.

Over two months ago ordered washable facemasks and disposable gloves from Amazon. From the two to three weeks shipping estimates, I knew the items were third party but not from where. Only days later learned one was from China and the other Singapore. 

The one from China shipped out relatively quickly (a week). But was stuck for weeks at Canadian customs and now lost somewhere between BC and Ottawa. Still waiting.

The one from Singapore took over a month to exit the country. Contacted the seller who blamed CV19 and told me I would get soon( over a month ago). Two week later, received a notice from Amazon who considered it "lost" and issued a refund. Today, I received the item(the gloves). Not sure if the seller will contact me or not, but Amazon told me the case was closed.

Bit of irony in getting the refund for the item I actually received. Unless an item from their warehouses, not about to order anything from them anytime soon.

As I don't want to create a thread for this, I'll ask here.

Anyone else with credit card problems with TD Bank?

Checking my accounts on the website this morning, noticed my credit card statement was missing. I called the 1-800 number to be told my card was nonexistent. Obviously not good! Trying to talk to someone, was met with a "we got technical problems" message and the website added a message too.

Will check again a bit later.

Credit card problems part 2:

After checking a few times online to see if there were any outages with TD Bank services and credit cards, I tried calling and spent nearly an hour on hold before giving up. I then looked again to find numerous Tweets from customers facing similar problems.

This sucks as I use my credit card all the time as a way to control my budget. But there some good news in the fact this seems to be a technical issue and not something triggered by a fraudulent transaction.

Hopefully this will be resolved in the next 24 hours.

Update:

Things seems to be back to normal. Hopefully, they'll find the cause to avoid any repeats.

Case closed( for now).

My laptop died yesterday...fortunately my phone has internet capability but I see a purchase in my future

I was hoping to buy in April (signs of old age in it for the last while) but I'm going to buy (hopefully) end of December 

A sad rambling LOL

RG

• Like 1

A things that suck...coronavirus!!! Well the restrictions back on my date is off...well postponed (I hope)🤞

All in all better safe than sorry but its a bit of a disappointment...but we both agreed it was better to postpone.

Keeping fingers crossed🤞that 2021 turns out better

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1