Things that suck, and not in a good way.

10 hours ago, NotchJohnson said:

Also because it was in a parking lot it would not have been a traffic act(no fault).  We called our insurance and they said that it was better to pay the damage ourselves  because if you make too many claims the insurance company may cut you off.  We have not made any claims since the ice storm of 98, but don't want to abuse of this policy either.  The damage ended up costing around $350.00.

If a similar thing happened again, I would take the girl and her family to small claims court.  Even if considered "no fault" her family should be liable for at least a partial payment of the damages.  It would also help teach the girl that there are consequences to their actions.

• Like 1

My alarm clock (aka Beatrix) woke me up too early this morning (just after 4am). Now I'm dragging my a$$ around.

I need my sleep...I hate it when I'm shortchanged on sleep. Of course guess who's napping away 😹

A tired rambling

RG

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17706-1383594798-25.gif

20191026_193007.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, roamingguy said:

My alarm clock (aka Beatrix) woke me up too early this morning (just after 4am). Now I'm dragging my a$$ around.

I need my sleep...I hate it when I'm shortchanged on sleep. Of course guess who's napping away 😹

A tired rambling

RG

So are you gonna change your profile to "ramblingguy"?  , stiĺl would ge RG....

• Like 3

Yesterday went for x rays in downtown Peterborough. So far no big deal...well except finally they're doing something about my knee

But parking has gone for a $hit in Peterborough, parking lots I knew are gone, parking garages too too low for my truck. I finally parked on the street a ways away (and uphill climb)...harder than imagined with two bad knees

But what sucks is the x ray (requiring a bit of leg turning/twisting) and the walk...today my knees hurt...on a 1-10 (10 being the worst pain) are about a 9 out of 10

Tylenol and ice packs today

A whining rambling but not complaining...except for downtown Peterborough's parking😆 

RG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Woke up to the Oldies radio station playing (about 1 in every 3) Christmas songs. And if history repeats itself come Dec 1 it'll play all Christmas songs till the New f*ckin Year

So today got to dial in Classic Rock on the radio they don't play any Christmas music. At least the presets on my truck already have Classic Rock dialed in

A Scrooge Rambling 

RG

25 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

Woke up to the Oldies radio station playing (about 1 in every 3) Christmas songs. And if history repeats itself come Dec 1 it'll play all Christmas songs till the New f*ckin Year

So today got to dial in Classic Rock on the radio they don't play any Christmas music. At least the presets on my truck already have Classic Rock dialed in

A Scrooge Rambling 

RG

That's why I have XM radio, no Christmas music.....unless they have a channel for that?  Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a few good Christmas tunes but only has we get close to the time of the year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

That's why I have XM radio, no Christmas music.....unless they have a channel for that?  Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a few good Christmas tunes but only has we get close to the time of the year.

I downloaded the radio stations from the "Grand Theft Auto" videogames on a USB drive. Pretty funny when passengers don't understand why there news updates from Los Santos and Liberty City between songs.

I was snowed in this morning and worked hard to get myself out from where I was.  Finally came in to work for 9 am.  I know what you are going to say, "those are regular hours for government workers" but I usually show up at work for 6:15 am. 

I'm tired now and would like to take the rest of the day just to rest, but I need the money so it's off to work I go.

• Like 1

Well thought today I was getting lucky...laundry room free. So I got my laundry washed or so I thought. Yes got a load in the washer. When I went to change loads around there was water coming up from the drain in the floor flooding the laundry room...second time this has happened in the past three weeks, first time to me. So I have wet laundry hanging up in the bathroom drying right now and will hopefully finish the load Monday or Tuesday

Plumbing in this old apartment building has been an on going problem for as long as I can remember. Downside of renting in old buildings

A Rambling

RG

• Sad 2

And the hits keep a coming. Yesterday flooding in the laundry room...today, now in fact power out all over town. If I didn't have a flashlight and cell phone I'd be completely in the dark.

2022 off to a Great Start 🙄

A Almost In The Dark Rambling

RG

• Sad 2

Call today...not entirely unexpected, but knee surgery for January cancelled...covid outbreak at the hospital. Tentatively rescheduled for February 25th...keeping 

I'm disappointed by the postponement but February isnt that far away

A Rambling 

RG

tenor-18.gif

• Like 2

Early this year I lost some hearing in my right ear.  Shortly after I lost vision in my left eye and that is getting better because now I see floaties.  What really sucks is spending the weekend at the hospital with a out for this world heart rate.  The doctors manage to take my heart rate down to 130 bpm but my usual rate is around 70(at rest) so it is still high.  I really don't feel good right now but can't stay home and I'm trying to avoid stress.

• Sad 4

12 hours ago, NotchJohnson said:

Early this year I lost some hearing in my right ear.  Shortly after I lost vision in my left eye and that is getting better because now I see floaties.  What really sucks is spending the weekend at the hospital with a out for this world heart rate.  The doctors manage to take my heart rate down to 130 bpm but my usual rate is around 70(at rest) so it is still high.  I really don't feel good right now but can't stay home and I'm trying to avoid stress.

All the best for a quick and full recovery Notch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I had floaties in my vision, it was because I had TIA and had a stent put in - all good now. I hope your problem is a lot less serious and that you recover soon. Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm considering quitting this site and not because I don't like it but simply because of my condition that I have since the weekend.  As you all know I enjoy posting pictures of sexy ladies and commenting on many subjects that are being discussed on here but now I find it hard to view pictures on my monitor and can't do it for long.  I'm getting help to fix this issue but it doesn't seem to happen very fast.

Ciao! for now my friends and I'll try to visit when I can.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Look after yourself and health first. Although not all cases the same my "floaties" settled down and I only occasionally see one or two every now and then. Fingers crossed yours do the same 🤞

Take Care And Best Wishes For A Full Recovery Notch

RG 

• Like 1

Take the time you need. We all need it once in a while for health and other reasons.

Wish you the best.

GT

On 5/10/2011 at 10:05 AM, omehgosh said:

Waving back to someone who you're not sure you know, or even why exactly they're waving at you... only to realize that they're actually communicating with someone behind you.

I’m late to going through this thread but I went to follow up this one with.. when someone is waving and trying to get your attention but you think “they can’t be looking at me, must be someone else” and ignore them 

• Like 1

Because of my vision and glare from bright light and white snow I can't drive well after the sun is up.  Yes...I'm used to getting up early and my boss told me that if I wanted to show up later I could but I want my independence back so I show up to work early and leave late when the sun comes down.  The nice thing about this is that my work is West from home so I don't see the sun on my way to work and either on my way home East in the evening.

• Like 2

I am glad that your vision is improving. Hopefully it will soon become normal. Take care.

• Like 2