Hotel Floor Plans

In a past thread around etiquettes around in all someone mentioned that when coming to in call hotel act normal. It's kind of difficult to act normal when you have no idea if elevators are on the right or left. 

I am thinking we should have a thread which shows entrance level plan showing elevators/stairs. And when someone is meeting an SP they can check that thread for the hotel. 

Of course we will have to add every hotel so not to bring attention to any particular hotel. 

• Like 1

Hotel lobbies are generally similar to each other.  I think the main point is to just walk in, go past the front desk without making eye contact, and the elevators will generally be right there or there will be a sign pointing the way.

The way not to do it is to go to the front desk and ask where the elevators are, or to awkwardly hangout in the lobby looking around anxiously.   

Hotels usually don't make a habit of hiding infrastructure like elevators.  If you are unsure, you can always look up the hotel online ahead of time, and look for a photo of the lobby.  It should help make you feel a bit more comfortable 🙂

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong or abnormal in asking an hotel employee or concierge where the elevators are. Visitors in hotels are not unusual. Just a question of not making an ass of yourself by saying why or who you're meeting.

In most hotels I'm more concerned in needing a room card to access the room floors than knowing where to find those. Reason why good communications make things easier.

10 minutes ago, davidfield said:

In a past thread around etiquettes around in all someone mentioned that when coming to in call hotel act normal. It's kind of difficult to act normal when you have no idea if elevators are on the right or left. 

I am thinking we should have a thread which shows entrance level plan showing elevators/stairs. And when someone is meeting an SP they can check that thread for the hotel. 

Of course we will have to add every hotel so not to bring attention to any particular hotel. 

I love this thread...i always like to know where the elevators are located before entering the hotel i will sometimes ask the gent where they are before coming i also dress casual and most times will be om my phone to not look the part

• Like 3

Yes, online search is what I do. 

My suggestion was to just have like quick reference guide here on Lyla. 

7 minutes ago, OldandNerdy said:

Hotel lobbies are generally similar to each other.  I think the main point is to just walk in, go past the front desk without making eye contact, and the elevators will generally be right there or there will be a sign pointing the way.

The way not to do it is to go to the front desk and ask where the elevators are, or to awkwardly hangout in the lobby looking around anxiously.   

Hotels usually don't make a habit of hiding infrastructure like elevators.  If you are unsure, you can always look up the hotel online ahead of time, and look for a photo of the lobby.  It should help make you feel a bit more comfortable 🙂

I'm not sure that hotels would enjoy being featured here, and I know you mentioned that it would need to include all the hotels in the area, but once this road started to get traveled I think we run the risk of putting providers in a bit of danger if anyone started to reply to the thread with 

"Hey, I'm heading to the Hilton on Main Street, where are the elevators?"

Suddenly, it's outed that a provider is there, if you understand what I'm getting at.

• Like 1

Guest MelanieRose

I always give clients directions so they don't feel lost when they get there! Same with outcalls, I just ask. I never really had any issues, people visit hotels for a lot of different reasons.

That's a good point. 

21 minutes ago, OldandNerdy said:

I'm not sure that hotels would enjoy being featured here, and I know you mentioned that it would need to include all the hotels in the area, but once this road started to get traveled I think we run the risk of putting providers in a bit of danger if anyone started to reply to the thread with 

"Hey, I'm heading to the Hilton on Main Street, where are the elevators?"

Suddenly, it's outed that a provider is there, if you understand what I'm getting at.

I give instructions on where is best to park and exit as well as best form to enter and directions to the elevator and my room. 

I try to make it as fluid as possible for anyone visiting me. 

• Like 4

I usually walk in with a couple of coffees in hand that way if I need to ask at the desk they assume I'm taking coffee to a friend. Maybe I should take a cake with birthday candles or something. Guess I was never too worried about it. Maybe I'll get a pair of dark rim glasses and fake mustache next time haha

Edited by winerdiner
Typos
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, winerdiner said:

I usually walk in with a couple of coffees in hand that way if I need to ask at the desk they assume I'm taking coffee to a friend. Maybe I should take a cake with birthday candles or something. Guess I was never too worried about it. Maybe I'll get a pair of dark rim glasses and fake mustache next time haha

image.gif.97de322351ddced3a13809889cd34e15.gif

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, winerdiner said:

Visiting someone in an hotel is not a heist.

The best disguise is being yourself and act like you're supposed to be there. If you disguise yourself, wear a hoodie and sunglasses indoor or do the delivery guy routine, this is when you'll stick out. Hotel staffs are used to see people walk in and out and don't care if business, tourism, friend or family meetings or else. As long you act and dress natural, nobody will notice or care. But if you decide to roleplay it in a cheesy way, this is when you'll get noticed.

Be yourself, be polite to the staff and when in doubt as questions.

12 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

Visiting someone in an hotel is not a heist.

The best disguise is being yourself and act like you're supposed to be there. If you disguise yourself, wear a hoodie and sunglasses indoor or do the delivery guy routine, this is when you'll stick out. Hotel staffs are used to see people walk in and out and don't care if business, tourism, friend or family meetings or else. As long you act and dress natural, nobody will notice or care. But if you decide to roleplay it in a cheesy way, this is when you'll get noticed.

Be yourself, be polite to the staff and when in doubt as questions.

mmm hmmm, the dark rim glasses and fake mustache thing was a joke. Don't do that kids! 

See the source image

6 minutes ago, winerdiner said:

mmm hmmm, the dark rim glasses and fake mustache thing was a joke. Don't do that kids! 

The coffee routine is not much better. The staff doesn't need your backstory to tell you were to find the elevators, pool, gym or washrooms. They answer those kind of questions everyday and won't care who you are unless you try very hard to stick out.

8 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

The coffee routine is not much better. The staff doesn't need your backstory to tell you were to find the elevators, pool, gym or washrooms. They answer those kind of questions everyday and won't care unless you try very hard to stick out.

👌👍 what backstory I like just like coffee some of my best friends do too 🙂

Edited by winerdiner

Guest ModCat

Please do not mention any hotels and their layouts. It is against the rules and will get us in trouble.

Simplest way if going to a hotel you're unfamiliar with, when you're in contact with the person you're visiting ask where the elevators are.  Not complicated. 

Most hotels (I've stayed in more than a few:classic_wink:) the elevators are in plain view

And if bringing a noticeable gift (eg Victoria's Secret) go to a corner store buy something there just to get a plastic Mac's Milk (or whatever) bag...the gift goes in there, but to anyone watching (they won't check the bag unless you are being very noticeable already) they'll think you got the munchies and it's chips and drinks etc and you're taking it back to your room

Truth is people come and go in a hotel daily, you only draw attention to yourself if you do things to draw attention to yourself.

RG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winerdiner said:

What? Now I should bring cupcakes lol

Haha, Cupcakes, Cake, or Just Yourself is Great 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, winerdiner said:

👌👍 what backstory I like just like coffee some of my best friends do too 🙂

If you like coffee or the lady asked for one because she has a long evening ahead, that's fine. But you clearly described it as a shtick to smoothly talk to hotel employees when completely unnecessary. If a two hour(or more) session, I'm more likely to bring a bottle of wine or sparkling. But again, it's all irrelevant as there so many ways to find the freakin elevators without asking.

2 hours ago, Greenteal said:

If you like coffee or the lady asked for one because she has a long evening ahead, that's fine. But you clearly described it as a shtick to smoothly talk to hotel employees when completely unnecessary. If a two hour(or more) session, I'm more likely to bring a bottle of wine or sparkling. But again, it's all irrelevant as there so many ways to find the freakin elevators without asking.

I don't share coffee with the front desk folks. Wouldn't even suggest that. Usually it's Starbucks and a sweet morning treat. I just prefer to look like a friend bringing coffee and snacks. I prefer morning encounters and I don't start drinking until after lunch 😁

Edited by winerdiner
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, katie said:

Haha, Cupcakes, Cake, or Just Yourself is Great 😉

For you country girl. Cake on me, or is it on you 😘 

See the source image

Edited by winerdiner
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:59 AM, Greenteal said:

In most hotels I'm more concerned in needing a room card to access the room floors than knowing where to find those. Reason why good communications make things easier.

I have learned that in the hotels where you need a room key to access the elevators, that the lady must come down to the lobby or side door to let you in so that you can take the elevator with her(she has the room key(card)).  I tried giving the lady a kiss on the cheek after we got in the elevator and she stopped me saying that they have a camera system in the elevator and to wait until we are in the room.  That was a good point !

I would recommend that the lady points out where the elevators are when giving you the room number, many time the room is on the main floor so she simply has to mention that "when you come in the front door make a right and the room # is 10_ "or "if you come in by the side door the elevators will be on the left and you don't need to walk by the front desk"

Just saying...

• Like 2