Federal government services and programs are all under www.canada.ca. And Google results for CERB are mainly related to the Emergency Response Benefit. Mentions of LYLA only start on page 5. If some end up here, will be a very small amount.

Capture.JPG

Yes... could have been a lot more interesting if we hadn't resurrected Lyla when C36 came in!

Still, I wonder if anyone in the government checked out cerb.ca to see if they could use it as a redirect to their main website or something. I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall when that happened...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phaedrus said:

Yes... could have been a lot more interesting if we hadn't resurrected Lyla when C36 came in!

Still, I wonder if anyone in the government checked out cerb.ca to see if they could use it as a redirect to their main website or something. I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall when that happened...

As most people will simply click and save the link, I doubt many will try cerb.ca. But if it happens, they will simply use Google or go to Canada.ca.

Yes, Many Sp's will "Not" Qualify For Any of the Emergency Benifit. I never really been into Ok politics, and most likely won't be. 

One DoesWhat they need to do. 

Stay Safe Everyone 😘

19 minutes ago, katie said:

Yes, Many Sp's will "Not" Qualify For Any of the Emergency Benifit. I never really been into Ok politics, and most likely won't be. 

One DoesWhat they need to do. 

Stay Safe Everyone 😘

There's something for "wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance". I don't know the details about those benefits and how you're running your business, but you got nothing to lose by looking into it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan/covid19-individuals.html#new_canada_emergency_response_benefit

6 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

There's something for "wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance". I don't know the details about those benefits and how you're running your business, but you got nothing to lose by looking into it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan/covid19-individuals.html#new_canada_emergency_response_benefit

Yes your right, there's nothing to lose looking into it. I'm thinking if a person it not paying taxes on your Business, than this will not qualify to you. However, it is something that one can learn from. Might be a hard lesson to learn in times like this... Although, still a lesson learned. 😘

Definitely look into it, you can be "self employed" and not have a registered business, but instead claim self employed income on your taxes.

You can also be self employed and really not make any money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, katie said:

Yes your right, there's nothing to lose looking into it. I'm thinking if a person it not paying taxes on your Business, than this will not qualify to you. However, it is something that one can learn from. Might be a hard lesson to learn in times like this... Although, still a lesson learned. 😘

This is something you'll need to discuss privately with other ladies for help and infos.

Take care.

8 minutes ago, Jessica Rain said:

I bet you any money they tried for the domain name and ended up here. I bet any money. LOL

I  highly doubt it as all Canadian government programs, entities and services have been under the Canada.ca domain since 2012. And before that ended with "gc.ca". I tried www.cerb.gc.ca and it's not registered to anyone. 

Makes a good inside joke for us. But as most will use Google to find it , few will accidently end up here.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, Greenteal said:

But you know what sp’s do right?
Do you not think that most of us are going to want to hide where we get our money from?  If we file to try and get this benefit, don’t we have to tell them what our usual income is?

40 minutes ago, Rollover said:

But you know what sp’s do right?
Do you not think that most of us are going to want to hide where we get our money from?  If we file to try and get this benefit, don’t we have to tell them what our usual income is?

Would recommend reading this thread and more specifically posts on page 3 from redmana2,  rubylabellexo and Meaghan McLeod explaining how to declare this kind of revenue: