Oppourtunity for the Clubs

I hope that the owners of the clubs are taking this oppourtunity while they are shut down to look at their venue and do some cleaning and maybe splash a coat of paint on the walls. I don't think I am asking for much but this is a chance for the owners to show that they care about the customer the dancers and their business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's been a long time since I step foot inside a strip club but I do agree because of the situation this is the best time to get them to spruce up the look of the establishment.

• Thanks 1

To be honest, the popularity of those establishments has been on a steady decline for the past two decades. Changes to smoking and driving laws combined with a culture change in term social and workplace sexual harassement and equality has seriously affected those businesses. If gentlemen clubs want to survive, they seriously need to update their business model that hasn't changed since the 70's. 

Once the CV19 situation over, the financial impacts will remain for years. I highly doubt a fresh coat of paint will be enough. A complete overhaul of the industry is needed.

36 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

To be honest, the popularity of those establishments has been on a steady decline for the past two decades. Changes to smoking and driving laws combined with a culture change in term social and workplace sexual harassement and equality has seriously affected those businesses. If gentlemen clubs want to survive, they seriously need to update their business model that hasn't changed since the 70's. 

Once the CV19 situation over, the financial impacts will remain for years. I highly doubt a fresh coat of paint will be enough. A complete overhaul of the industry is needed.

I'm not quite sure that SC's will ever go away as long as there are young guys that enjoy seeing beautiful girls removing their clothes and old men who have money to see that as well in private.  That is why a fresh coat of paint will help among other things as well.  I have seen some pretty nice looking establishment in the west coast some years ago and did think that if we had this around home I would visit more often.  Keep in mind that I'm a married man and live far from any city(at least 1 hour anyway) so it's tough to come up with an excuse to visit them.

It's not that I don't agree with what you are saying GT but I think there is still hope for them with a facelift.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

I'm not quite sure that SC's will ever go away as long as there are young guys that enjoy seeing beautiful girls removing their clothes and old men who have money to see that as well in private.  That is why a fresh coat of paint will help among other things as well.  I have seen some pretty nice looking establishment in the west coast some years ago and did think that if we had this around home I would visit more often.  Keep in mind that I'm a married man and live far from any city(at least 1 hour anyway) so it's tough to come up with an excuse to visit them.

It's not that I don't agree with what you are saying GT but I think there is still hope for them with a facelift.

I recently visited Montreal, and the adult industry landscape changed at lot. The corner of St-Laurent and St-Catherine used to be the center of adult entertainment and now you can barely see any traces of it. Even in Europe, places like Amsterdam are not what they used to be.

The issue is that long time patrons are getting older and new potential visitors are turned off by the neon lights, dark curtains and a gorilla at the door. The cover charge, expensive booze and pressure to generously tip everyone you interact with, also doesn't help. When we can watch HD live or recorded shows at home, it's harder to justify a visit.

If those places want to survive, they better start adapting to modern reality. If places like Montreal and Amsterdam changed, the same will happen here.

2 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Alot of guys still like the entertainment...some just like to watch and not touch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Exotic Touch Danielle said:

Alot of guys still like the entertainment...some just like to watch and not touch

I agree with that part. My point is simply that times have changed and those places are not as profitable. When we'll return to normality, there won't be an influx of new visitors unless major changes are made. With many people currently burning their rainy day money to stay afloat, I doubt many will run to club with their first paycheck.

11 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

I agree with that part. My point is simply that times have changed and those places are not as profitable. When we'll return to normality, there won't be an influx of new visitors unless major changes are made. With many people currently burning their rainy day money to stay afloat, I doubt many will run to club with their first paycheck.

You dont know that though...just like im sure alot of guys cannot wait to see us again

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exotic Touch Danielle said:

You dont know that though...just like im sure alot of guys cannot wait to see us again

I don't know for sure, but the adult entertainment industry changed a lot in the last 20 years.

I always favored private arrangements to expensive nights out and it won't change once this quarantine is over.

1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

I don't know for sure, but the adult entertainment industry changed a lot in the last 20 years.

I always favored private arrangements to expensive nights out and it won't change once this quarantine is over.

To each their own...i prefer an intimate one on one session as well but everyone is different

Its all entertainment and should be enjoyed

• Like 2

One thing I really think needs to be done is implementing some way of forcing patrons to wash their damn hands when they go visit the washrooms. I don't know how many times I've seen guys go in to relieve themselves at Pigale and then waltz out without washing presumably because they don't want to tip the guy sitting at the sinks. That was disgusting even before this; now it's dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

An interesting point was made about rainy day money. When the clubs do reopen it will take some time to get back up to speed. The question is, can some of these clubs remain closed for long. There are fixed costs whether they are open or closed. They may be able to defer some of the costs but they will eventually have to be paid. It looks like this isolation may go on until the end of April. During this time the different human components may move on. The regular dancers may move on or pursue other venues, the staff might find other jobs, and the customer may take this time for self reflection and realize that their return on investment over the years has not been that profitable. What I mean by that is for the money that they have spent have they gotten good entertainment value. With that said, it goes back to the beginning of this thread and that the owners should take this oppourtunity to spruce up the place and when they do reopen they may have to be prepared to compete for customers and dancers. 

• Like 2

Your theory is good but part of the problem will be that dancers like other SWs don't have a lot of other options right now. Nobody is working, not just the SWs. There are no other jobs or opportunities anywhere right now. So it is not like they are going to find another job. When this is over the number of people looking for work is going to be huge.  I can see them hustling a lot more when this is over because they have to make up for lost money. 

• Like 3

When a club is closed do they still have to pay rent to a landlord during period of closure ?  Take Nuden for example, assume they are closed entirely for April which seems likely, do they still have to pay a lease ?   I took Nuden as an example as it's a big club in a big building with large overhead including the AFS video store and Obsession Swingers club.  Is there a clause in a business lease that allows either side to walk away on notice ?

34 minutes ago, hopeful said:

When a club is closed do they still have to pay rent to a landlord during period of closure ?  Take Nuden for example, assume they are closed entirely for April which seems likely, do they still have to pay a lease ?   I took Nuden as an example as it's a big club in a big building with large overhead including the AFS video store and Obsession Swingers club.  Is there a clause in a business lease that allows either side to walk away on notice ?

Doesn't matter if opened or not, if a business rents and occupies a location, they need to pay. The same goes for electricity, insurances, security and other costs of running a business. They can negotiate with their landlords, utility providers and governments for help, but can't run away from their responsibility unless they file for bankruptcy.

Rent, insurance, utilities are some of the fixed costs I mentioned earlier. These liabilities have to be paid whether they are open or closed. When they finally do reopen, I believe it will take some time before the business gets back to what it was before. And it certainly wasn't booming before they had to close. I think the owners will have to have some deep pockets to carry on. And if we all think back and reflect on some of our experiences in the clubs over the years, the owners aren't exactly marketing geniuses. Overpriced drinks, cover charge to enter the champagne room, filthy bathrooms in disrepair, the owners will have to review the issues and think about how they can gain a competitive edge over the other clubs. Dealing with all this will take money and what little SC business we have here in the Ottawa region there will probably be less when it gets going again.

• Like 2

This morning I drove in front of the Sweet 300 on Montreal Rd(Vanier/Ottawa) and was surprised to see "Open" neon signs on. Not sure if really open or not, but I doubt this would be considered "essential business". Their website, Facebook and Twitter page haven't been updated in a long time, so unsure of the real status.

If "Open" lights were forgotten on, one would expect someone else would notice. Even if doors are locked, local police will still likely checked on it and waste their time.

Anyone knows what's going on?

As I mentioned before it has been a very long time since I step foot inside one of those place and now that I think about it most of you are right, this might be the end of that sort of business.  Who will take the chance to go back after this deal is done?  Some might take a long time to take the chance and so will the ladies that work there, will they want to risk it?

Am I allowed to change my mind about my statement?

1 minute ago, NotchJohnson said:

As I mentioned before it has been a very long time since I step foot inside one of those place and now that I think about it most of you are right, this might be the end of that sort of business.  Who will take the chance to go back after this deal is done?  Some might take a long time to take the chance and so will the ladies that work there, will they want to risk it?

Am I allowed to change my mind about my statement?

All depends on how long this will last and what alternatives patrons and ladies will find.

There has been a lot of great input on this thread and if I could add it would be that some of the people that own these clubs have had the business handed to them from their fathers (Barefax, Nuden, Playmate) and I feel that they have taken the SC business for granted. I hope they realize that this is no longer the case and if they want to continue and be successful they will have to consider the dancers, staff and customers when making everyday decisions about their respective clubs.

I really hope they all had a sufficient safety cushion stashed in case of emergency. Because those who didn't... well, I fear they might not be able to reopen after this is over.

• Like 1

Clubs I know [3] don't need a coat  of paint or really anything much. Even washrooms are good. Barbs washroom (and maybe ladies change room) was pretty sad but owners knew for some time that they were closing so did little to no improvements.

I know some of the staff and they have been there for 20+ years so obviously they're treated well. Day time bar maid NuDen 20 yrs this month.

The dancers, like many other workers, are hurting very much. Hopefully they can access funding like all other workers. I hope to support OIC.

The danger from the virus will not go away immediately so it will be difficult even after work resumes. I'll be there but may be paying for their company rather than dances.

I have often wished the dancers would have a 2nd job, something they could fall back to if they began a relationship and wanted to slowly leave the business. Also it would be something they could tell their children that they do for "work". I do know for a fact that many of the girls want a relationship and leave the business. I hark back to the story a new girl once told me. In her 1st night working as a dancer, she made more money than 2 weeks at her coffee joint. So, it's hard to leave. Ten to 25% are supporting children with this work. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Like 1

We should keep in mind that when social distancing guidelines will be relaxed in a few weeks(or months), it could still take a year or two for a return to normality. Until a vaccine or effective cures are found, some restrictions will remain. How adult businesses will adapt to those will determine their survival.

zqXv66DGAb1702SQMrrxRNjnLtGk3EK8S0eJd1tz

Here is another way of thinking....maybe once the clubs re-open it will be like the toilet paper scene from a few weeks ago.

Just saying...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1