Oppourtunity for the Clubs

8 hours ago, M.O.F.W. said:

Actually I think those are the times, historically,  when clubs thrive. My real fear is that the idiot owners will double the price of drinks to cover their present losses. 

Believe it or not, I'm wondering if this is a more realistic take.  I see all those Americans on the news saying "let us go free", they don't give a shit about any virus anymore.  The women want to go get haircuts; how many of those guys with the Confederate flags are thinking "fuck it I'm headin' to the titty bar?"

I mean, let's be honest, the reason I'm reading these forums is because I'm wondering when I'll be heading back!

Edited by safety11

I believe we are all wondering when we'll be heading back. When the clubs swing open the doors, I don't think there will be a mad rush for the stage. I am thinking about each persons circumstance and the close contact that goes on in the club. Think about the working guy who goes in once in a while for the free lunch. He can't risk the possibility of bringing the virus home and explaining where he has been to his significant other. The retired guy who is a regular at the club and then has to explain the infection to his grandkids. Then there is the young kids who go in at night to find a girlfriend (looking for love in all the wrong places) how does he explain his exposure to his parents.

And the dancers who will have to weight the risks of close contact with any customer.

Conclusion: I think that when the doors open, there will not be a rush.

But in this forum, we are all sitting in the bleachers wondering  how this will play out.

• Like 2

For those who would like to start practicing pole dancing just be careful that it is well installed before trying it, here is why !

hold-my-fkin-beer-gifs-9.gif?w=300

It might be best to try out ballet instead and it's just as sexy in my opinion !

hold-my-fkin-beer-gifs-10.gif?w=350

It isn't the price of drinks that worries me. They can charge me up to $10 for a glass of soda.  It is the price of lapdances.  If they go up to Vancouver prices I won't be visiting any back in Ontario.

• Like 1

On a Toronto SC board elsewhere someome started a thread titled 'Nothing new to comment on, let's hear those glory days stories'. Don't want to bore people with my personal opinions of what, where, who and when constituted the 'glory days', but the impulse behind the thread has made me more than a bit nostalgic.

Not sure if things will ever really be anything close to the same on the local (Ottawa/Gatineau) SC scene, but it's looking like it'll be some time before many folks are going to feel comfortable in the former SC/CR environment. Didn't think I was a real SC addict by any means but, having not been able to attend since late February, starting to miss the anticipation of a visit and the atmosphere of the the local haunts.

Managed to survive the 'retirement' of an ATF and then the demise of that dancer's venue (Barb's), but the situation in general seems so uncertain now and from so many standpoints - public health, club finances, continued dancer interest if/when there are club reopenings, perhaps even patron interest. Some have been suggesting that the 'Fax building will likely be sold at some stage and so it goes.......

Recall the intense interest and dismay on this board when, years before the event, the closure of Barb's was rumoured. Wonder if interest among patrons remains at a level high enough to justify the continued operation of the clubs. Will we be able to indulge again by Labour Day or Hallowe'en? Will one ever again be greeted by the endearingly chintzy Christmas lights at the 'Mate on a pre-holiday visit?

Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic and negative here but the situation seems less than rosy overall. Are the end days approaching?

• Like 1