Why cant I post on Lyla anymore?

This site is telling me I have to verify on LL or VIPfavors to post on Lyla

Anyone who has done this:

Do I have to post pictures to verify there?

Anyone know why posts are being restricted?

Edited by Sugar Kayne

Good tip, i just checked.  Maybe my question is too specific for a general q & a forum though.

If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated 🤗

Guest lydiahardwood
1 hour ago, Sugar Kayne said:

This site is telling me I have to verify on LL or VIPfavors to post on Lyla

Anyone who has done this:

Do I have to post pictures to verify there?

Anyone know why posts are being restricted?

Hey!

This is basically so we can ensure every provider using Lyla is legitimate. If you get in touch with VIP Favours or Leolist they can contact us to ensure you're verified and we'll change your permissions on here asap! 🙂

Hope that makes sense

xx

I just posted an ad testing this out. I am verified independent on this site, and it doesn't show up for others either.

Mod, I don't understand the logic of these changes. This forum is loosing members continually. Making it difficult to advertise seems counter productive.

I understand new members. However, I've been on this site since 2009. I'm verified independent and my ad wont post either?

No wonder people are leaving. I don't even know which mod to pm about this. Can this be reviewed please?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Meaghan McLeod said:

I just posted an ad testing this out. I am verified independent on this site, and it doesn't show up for others either.

Mod, I don't understand the logic of these changes. This forum is loosing members continually. Making it difficult to advertise seems counter productive.

I understand new members. However, I've been on this site since 2009. I'm verified independent and my ad wont post either?

No wonder people are leaving. I don't even know which mod to pm about this. Can this be reviewed please?

On that note...umm why am I not verified independent on this site??  Lol. Am I suppose to PM for permission? Get voted in? The rules on that has changed several times now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

On that note...umm why am I not verified independent on this site??  Lol. Am I suppose to PM for permission? Get voted in? The rules on that has changed several times now. 

https://www.lyla.ch/faq/

How do you become a verified independent?

In order to become a Verified Independent on Lyla, you must be a verified user on either LeoList.cc or VipFavours.ch. Once you have become a verified user on there, email either one of those two websites asking them to let us know here at Lyla that you are verified with them. Once they notify us, we can then promote you to Verified Independent!

4 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

In order to become a Verified Independent on Lyla, you must be a verified user on either LeoList.cc or VipFavours.ch. Once you have become a verified user on there, email either one of those two websites asking them to let us know here at Lyla that you are verified with them. Once they notify us, we can then promote you to Verified Independent!

I am verified on VIP and have been since the day I joined. The rules for verified independent has changed on this site a few times now. 

5 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

There is a real problem with the changes. Thanks for your input, however, you are missing the issue providers are having posting ads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

I am verified on VIP and have been since the day I joined. 

I'm only quoting the rules/faq. From what I understand, you got to contact an admin from that website to send a confirmation email to a Lyla Mod. 

1 minute ago, Meaghan McLeod said:

There is a real problem with the changes. Thanks for your input, however, you are missing the issue providers are having posting ads.

Again , I'm just posting what's in the current rules and not judging if ok or an overkill. This is something you'll have to discuss with Mod_Cat, Mod_007 or lydiahardwood.

I have reached out. I am verified independent on this site. Its not working. I am well aware of the current rules.

Again thanks for your input. However, there seems to be a programming change that has effectively stopped us from advertising. Its not a rule issue. Its a programming issue.

23 minutes ago, Meaghan McLeod said:

I have reached out. I am verified independent on this site. Its not working. I am well aware of the current rules.

Again thanks for your input. However, there seems to be a programming change that has effectively stopped us from advertising. Its not a rule issue. Its a programming issue.

I completely understand and we'll see if they'll revise and correct the situation.

In my opinion, the LL policy of 5 pictures in different poses with signs should be more than enough without the back and forth between different websites.  When someone post fake pics, myself and others normally find out relatively quickly. But again I don't know what triggered the policy change. Something the Mods could maybe explain.

It could be more simple by being able to upload screen shot of our verified LL or VIP profile. As to have a rush of all of us to ask these sites to " to do us a favour" and email this admin is a weird route . 

• Like 1

Hey everyone, 

I'm really sorry if there has been some confusion about the new process. I hope to clarify some of the key issues raised in this post by so many of you. I'm grateful that you have raised them, so that I can address them as quickly as possible!

• We have recently made some changes to who can be allowed to post on the forum. This means that in order to be eligible to post ads/schedules on the forum, you must be a verified user on either www.leolist.cc or on www.vipfavours.ch. The process to do this is currently listed at the top of each ads/schedule forum.

• This change really only impacts newer users who register on the forum. Long-standing members such as most of you who have posted in this thread are not required to go through the process of proving to us that you are verified on either one of those websites before you can post and ad/schedule (in a sense we are 'grandfathering' your posting privileges).

• Another change is that all posts which are ads/schedules will require pre-approval, which is why they are not immediately visible, even if you have posting privileges . This is done to make sure that all ad requirements are met, such as:
    • A URL to an ad must be included in the post
      • E.g. a leolist url - personal websites are acceptable
    • A telephone number must be included in writing in the body of the ad 
      • It cannot simply feature in the images you post. It must appear as text in the post.
    • No frontal below the waist nudity or graphic nudity
    • Ads cannot contain direct or indirect sexual references
      • E.g. BBBJ, COB, etc.
    • Absolutely no mention of drug use. Zero tolerance here.
      • E.g. 420-friendly

7 hours ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

It could be more simple by being able to upload screen shot of our verified LL or VIP profile. As to have a rush of all of us to ask these sites to " to do us a favour" and email this admin is a weird route . 

I agree with you Sophia that this process requires improvement - shortly it will be considerably streamlined, and we will eliminate this step for many users. It will reduce the actions necessary for members of the forum. However as explained earlier, you personally are not impacted by the restrictions on posting privileges anyway, but your ads (like everyone else's) will require a quick pre-approval by us before going live.

8 hours ago, Meaghan McLeod said:

Meghan - your ad is currently hidden simply because it first needs to be reviewed. Having taken a look at it though, it wouldn't be eligible for publication since it doesn't meet our criteria (but I realize it was simply a test on your part, not an actual ad 🙂 ).

Please let me know if you have any further questions - I genuinely value the input provided from the issues you have all raised, and it's great to know that we can count on threads such as this from long-time members of this awesome community to improve or clear up our processes and policies.

• Thanks 1

Thank you MOD 007 for your thoughtful explanation,

just want to ask about the difference between an ad and an announcement. I have posted in New Brunswick ads and announcements it is not yet visible. I did not put my phone number in the announcement because it is simply an announcement with new photos. And not an ad as such due to covid-19 therefore phone number seemed redundant. So will that mean that post will not be approved?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

Thank you MOD 007 for your thoughtful explanation,

just want to ask about the difference between an ad and an announcement. I have posted in New Brunswick ads and announcements it is not yet visible. I did not put my phone number in the announcement because it is simply an announcement with new photos. And not an ad as such due to covid-19 therefore phone number seemed redundant. So will that mean that post will not be approved?

Hey Sophia,

I think you raise an excellent point. 

There isn't a difference as such - we consider them to be the same kind of post. In fact, to address any possible confusion which could arise from this, I will include renaming these sections to the backlog of ideas.

Your ad is still hidden since it doesn't meet all requirements. I will DM you now to explain what steps need to be taken for yours specifically, and then once it's updated I'll be more than happy to publish it! 🙂

However, for the benefit of everyone else, posts which promote Online Services must all appear in the correct forum:

https://www.lyla.ch/forum/459-online-advertising-schedules-and-announcements/

They should not appear in regional forums, since these are services which can be provided to anyone wherever they may be based (even internationally in theory).

As a contact method, we should include a personal website url, or even a link to an onlyfans page, or a contact email address.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 2

On 4/9/2020 at 9:24 AM, 007 said:
  • Another change is that all posts which are ads/schedules will require pre-approval, which is why they are not immediately visible, even if you have posting privileges . This is done to make sure that all ad requirements are met, such as:
    • A URL to an ad must be included in the post
      • E.g. a leolist url - personal websites are acceptable
    • A telephone number must be included in writing in the body of the ad 
      • It cannot simply feature in the images you post. It must appear as text in the post.
    • No frontal below the waist nudity or graphic nudity
    • Ads cannot contain direct or indirect sexual references
      • E.g. ****, COB, etc.
    • Absolutely no mention of drug use. Zero tolerance here.
      • E.g. 420-friendly

I have a couple of issues with this.

I'm not sure that making an URL mandatory is great. Not everyone has their own website, and for those who don't... why must they then pay for ads on LL, etc? Or would you be OK with a link to an ad on another board, or another advertising service that isn't associated with you guys? That satisfies the requirement above, but I suspect it's probably not what you're trying to achieve. And in any case... the idea that an ad has to link to another ad seems kinda contradictory; an ad should be self-contained :)

Why is a phone number required? This will probably be a deal-breaker for quite a few independent providers who prefer initial contact and screening to be done by email, and don't hand out their number to anyone until they have a confirmed appointment. You've broken their screening model with this requirement, and that will probably just drive them away.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:13 PM, 007 said:

However, for the benefit of everyone else, posts which promote Online Services must all appear in the correct forum:

https://www.lyla.ch/forum/459-online-advertising-schedules-and-announcements/

They should not appear in regional forums, since these are services which can be provided to anyone wherever they may be based (even internationally in theory).

That's... OK, but I'm not sure that it's great to insist that ads for online services *must* be there. Many providers usually/always post in just one forum, and people who know where they're based will look for them there. I see no particular reason to effectively ban them from advertising in their usual spot (which is what this does), especially given how tough things are for them right now. Could you allow both?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

I'm curious about the phone number requirement as well.. 

I've been here for almost 8 years, and never post my number publically; I don't think I'm the only one who prefers to keep theirs private. I do not book people via my phone number, for many reasons. I have tried over the years, but the problems outweighed the benefits, so prefer to be more selective with those who receive a direct line to myself 

Does this mean that I can no longer post ads here? 😞

I'm well established, have been verified independent here for more than 5 years, and am verified on both leolist and VIPFavours, as we as having 7 pages of reviews on here, and a decent 11k following on twitter.. 

I don't break the rules here, and only ever got a warning on cerb back in 2012 

It'd just be a shame to have to decide between my privacy and Lyla, especially after all this time 😞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would not post a phone number either. I don't have a "working" phone number. I have my personal number that is given to regular clients I wish to see again. 

This is done purposely and is apart of my screening. Never have I posted a number except my tour out East with a text app number. 

I think having one method of contact should be fine. Email, website or phone number. 

• Thanks 1