What do you think of the word "hobbyist"?

What do you think of the term "hobbyist"?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the term "hobbyist"?

• I love it!
    • I prefer "client"
    • I hate it
    • I'm indifferent

On 4/27/2020 at 6:24 PM, kyliekarma said:

In my opinion as a Trans SP.😊

A Client is someone who is generally interested in forming a  traditional client SP relationship with a provider and sees them regularly (when they can), because they like them for the person they are as well as attracted to them.

A Hobbyist is someone who just wants to try each SP once just to say they've tried them and never build the typical client relationship. Most hobbyist tend to write reviews about each new person they see and tend to get an ego boost from them, from what I have experienced. 

Anyone who has only seen me once and does not repeat is a hobbyist in my opinion (with the exclusion of people who just were not into me). I have actual clients who come to see me weekly in Toronto, I have others from Newfoundland to BC who text me when I am not even in the same city to see how I am doing, or they send me giftcards just as a gift even when they can't see me due to me being on tour or their schedules being busy, building this type of relationship with a client is more important to me than making money from several different strangers. 

I like to know the person I am entertaining wants more to do with me than just my body, because after all, behind the profession SP's are human.❤️

There are many clients I know who refer to themselves as hobbyists who are not as you describe and vice versa.  But thanks for your perspective.

Personally I prefer repeat clients but if I only see someone once and the experience is positive, I am cool with that.

Edited by Andee
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, Mikeyboy said:

Thank you for this explanation. I can definitely appreciate your perspective. I guess the difference for me is that I don't see the word hobbyist as being synonymous with "collector". (And I can see how the word would seem less than flattering if that is how you perceive it.)

A collection is certainly one type of hobby but it is only an example of one, not a definition of the word. (At least in my mind.) I consider myself a hobbyist because I dedicate a large portion of my free time into activities around this industry. I'm not only referring to the dates themselves (obviously I like that part) but also to the time I spend researching, talking with fellow hobbyists, getting to know the ladies, being interested in pro-sp causes, interacting on sites like this, following ladies on twitter, etc. The list goes on.

I do have several ladies I have met over the years that I repeat with regularly. I likely never would have met them without the "hobby" part. I also likely would never would have met the caliber of ladies I have met without the hobby aspect by only choosing random people off LL or other such sites. 

So I guess in my mind, when I'm actually seeing a lady, I'm a client. What I am doing right now as I sit here typing this (when I should actually be working), I do as part of my hobby if that distinction makes any sense.

Either way, thank you for your perspective. It certainly gives food for thought.

Mikey

Mikey, 

All of of this ♥️

You nailed it in a way I could never explain. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, Mikeyboy said:

Thank you for this explanation. I can definitely appreciate your perspective. I guess the difference for me is that I don't see the word hobbyist as being synonymous with "collector". (And I can see how the word would seem less than flattering if that is how you perceive it.)

A collection is certainly one type of hobby but it is only an example of one, not a definition of the word. (At least in my mind.) I consider myself a hobbyist because I dedicate a large portion of my free time into activities around this industry. I'm not only referring to the dates themselves (obviously I like that part) but also to the time I spend researching, talking with fellow hobbyists, getting to know the ladies, being interested in pro-sp causes, interacting on sites like this, following ladies on twitter, etc. The list goes on.

I do have several ladies I have met over the years that I repeat with regularly. I likely never would have met them without the "hobby" part. I also likely would never would have met the caliber of ladies I have met without the hobby aspect by only choosing random people off LL or other such sites. 

So I guess in my mind, when I'm actually seeing a lady, I'm a client. What I am doing right now as I sit here typing this (when I should actually be working), I do as part of my hobby if that distinction makes any sense.

Either way, thank you for your perspective. It certainly gives food for thought.

Mikey

🤔 So I guess I am a hobbling hobbyist and a hobbying provider.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have never really cared to be called a hobbyist even before I saw that a lot of people look on the term negatively. I will say that the term isn't nearly as bad as trick or john. My name isn't John so I am not "a" John, "the" John or "one of the" Johns. And the term "trick" is just loaded with all kinds of negative stuff and really just sounds wrong. Hobbyist seemed to be a nice euphemism for awhile but as usual, people ( namely misogynist idiots) have managed to fuck that up too. I guess client is okay but when I introduce myself, I prefer gentleman. I'm kind of an old soul in that regard. I do have one lady friend in the industry who nicknamed me "Peachy".  I kinda like that one, always puts a little smile on my face.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, peacectryguy said:

I have never really cared to be called a hobbyist even before I saw that a lot of people look on the term negatively. I will say that the term isn't nearly as bad as trick or john. My name isn't John so I am not "a" John, "the" John or "one of the" Johns. And the term "trick" is just loaded with all kinds of negative stuff and really just sounds wrong. Hobbyist seemed to be a nice euphemism for awhile but as usual, people ( namely misogynist idiots) have managed to fuck that up too. I guess client is okay but when I introduce myself, I prefer gentleman. I'm kind of an old soul in that regard. I do have one lady friend in the industry who nicknamed me "Peachy".  I kinda like that one, always puts a little smile on my face.

LMAO..... or "on the John" !

7 hours ago, BonnieScot said:

LMAO..... or "on the John" !

Ha ha, no, that one would seriously not be good. I'm trying to figure out if "Johnny cum lately" is a good thing or bad thing. Cheers Bonnie.  😁

• Haha 1