Will you take precautions when the industry is back to "normal"?

Will you take precautions when the industry is back to "normal"?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take precautions when the industry is back to "normal"?

• Nope - return to business as usual
    • Yes, I'll wear a mask
    • Yes, no kissing
    • I won't see providers for a while
    • I'll be more alert regarding cleanliness

Guest lydiahardwood

We're seeing a few clients say they'll be taking extra precautions once places start to reopen and more providers start to accept bookings again. Will anything change for you?

If we missed anything you'll do on the poll please comment to let us know.

I voted to return to business as usual.  If I would be seeing a different lady when all of this is done then I would be using a mask and protecting myself and the lady in question but I plan on seeing my regular lady and trust that she will be honest with me regarding her health(from this virus) and I will be with mine.

I voted to take time off - we still don't know much about transmission mechanisms for this virus including surfaces, clothing, etc. but it's very clear it can be spread easily. Watched an interview with George Stephanopolous and his wife on youtube: he is completely asymptomatic and his wife was very ill for three weeks and they've both tested positive. Another issue is that there's not testing available yet and a test only tells you whether you infected at the time the swab was taken. We don't yet know whether a person is 'immune' once they've developed antibodies. My underlying health issues push me to this action.

That being said, I've already paid for four different visits at a future date so I'm hopeful!

• Like 1

It's a bit of a trick question as hard to define "normal". Unless a major breakthrough, it won't be before a year of two. And as the industry is unregulated, it's at the discretion of the ladies and gentlemen involved to decide when and under what conditions they want to meet. 

While this doesn't address issues unique to the SW business it does indicate how little is known, so far, with covid-19. I found I had to keep pausing to read the english subtitles but this interview with a top South Korean medical researcher and it outlines a number of the concerns I noted above. This physician/researcher was interview in a previous video by the same young man and his credentials were outlined in that first interview. Here's a current status 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoNP9QWr4Y

• Like 1

If you're going to be in close proximity to someone for any length of time, covid-19 seems to be infectious enough that it's going to be transmitted if someone has it. And with that being the case, your only realistic options are business as usual or complete abstention (or online services only). I think wearing a mask or not kissing is a complete waste of time in the context of this industry.

• Like 3

I'll be back to usual because I think I already had the damn thing in February. I recently found out that a provider I was with back then did a tour of Asia immediately prior. I usually don't get much in the way of colds or flus, but whatever this was knocked the shit out of me for a week or two. Oh and I have no ill-will towards the provider at all; in fact I can't wait to see her again! 😄   I'll be happy when they start doing antibody tests so I can know with some certainty.

Edited by Jigglerz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree with Greentreal. I'm elderly and considered a person at risk, but I see a limited number of ladies that I trust. Yes, I accept that there is risk, but I try to be informed and am careful but accept what I consider my risk tolerance.

My feeling is this industry will not fully recovery to any semblance of normalcy for 1-2 years. During that time it really depend on the testing/tracking protocols and the treatment options that evolve. Until there is a vaccine that has a wide distribution nothing will be the same, and this thing may be with us forever if they need a new vaccine every year as it mutates, just like the flu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jigglerz said:

I'll be happy when they start doing antibody tests so I can know with some certainty.

A good sentiment to acknowledge the provider positively - I agree. My last two get-togethers with providers were the end of February and mid March and I had an awesome time and no ill effects but, being high risk, I'm done for the time being. 

wrt the antibody testing we don't have any indication that it tells us anything very helpful and I think it's going to involve longtime, slow, careful science before we do.

Wish they'f test a Lyso and Clorox cocktail on Pvt. BoneSpurs.

• Like 2