When do you think agencies and parlours should reopen?

When do you think agencies and parlours should reopen?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think agencies and parlours should reopen?

• Now
    • Within 1 month
    • 2 - 3 months
    • 3 - 6 months
    • 6 months +
    • Hard to say

Guest lydiahardwood

What do you think? I guess this can depend on which area in Canada you're voting from, so please continue the discussion in the comments. But please refrain from passing judgement on anyone choosing to work/see Providers at this time.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

It's likely going to depend on how comfortable each individual is seeing clients. I personally am not ready but that could change as everyday new information comes out from public health

Edited by TiffanyLynne
  • Like 3

Hard to say as this implies all are closed when we know it's not quite true.

Agencies never really stopped operating and many parlours give access through the back door. They'll only turn on the neon lights and unlock the front door, once legally able to.

Toronto agencies have decided that stage two is when they will open. Which basically re-opened the industry here for everyone. 

Some ladies will be happy because they get to work without being shamed but other ladies will now be pressured to go back to work when they may not really want to. 

It is really hard to say. I figured when dentist open but even then I don't know. 

Part of me thinks I will go back to work in stage two as well. Just maybe a couple weeks into first to see how it goes. 

But another part of me thinks wait it out until stage three and yet another part of me thinks I may not go back at all. 

It is matter of risk level and comfortability and when the general public starts to feel that mostly at the same time. But when that time is, I have no idea. 

• Thanks 1

depends on services offered.  some will enforce masks on clients and staff like we will see in some hair salons / barbers. cant really make a pt wear a mask at the dentist.

sinple truth is going back to normal too soon is going to prolong everything.

these circumstances have lessons like claim income so you qualify for EI, if that means opening a consulting business to do so great.  or work part time somewhere for benefits / ei protection.

or, put 50% of your earnings in the bank. for emergencies, for retirement, kids education, NOT for entitlement purchases, beemer leases, etc.  

people are scared, or at least wary, of other people and intimate contact in general now.  or, they aren't, and those could be the first people making appointments to see you.  

all a cessation in restrictions means is the hospital ICU has room for us, not that the pandemic is over.  we have two years to go.  vaccines maybe in 8-12 months but the stigma around random closeness will continue....

• Like 1

It will depend on several things, including how the current easing of restrictions goes and whether or not we start to get an increase in cases again... and whether or not that's enough for the government to walk back the opening of things.

I'm sure the spas will also be watching each other and once one or two open the others may feel obliged to follow suit.

And finally, just because the spas themselves re-open, that doesn't mean all the MAs will be back. They also have to make their own decisions, which will be based on their own personal circumstances.

• Like 1