Anyone play video games? (PC).

I've always loved video games, ever since I got my first computer (Amstrad CPC 464 - British brand) when I was a kid.

I'm a big fan of epic open world/rpg games, especially post apocalyptic ones like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4.

Also love space games like Stellaris and Sins of a solar empire.

On PS3 enjoy Borderland 2, Alien: Isolation, Doom 3 and Batman: Arkham City.

Guest lydiahardwood

Not PC games but I love Abe's Odyssey 😂 I'm also a bit obsessed with Skyrim. And PUBG for movile - I can spend hours on that stupid game lol

With the current state of the videogame industry, I'll wait a while before investing in new hardware(PC or consoles) and releases.

Shouldn't be normal to pay full price for an unfinished game that requires a update larger than the game itself. And once in a playable state, requires paying for microtransactions and subscriptions for acceptable progression and access to features already in the game. After major debacles like "Star Wars Battlefront II"(2017) and "Fallout76"(2018), gamers are getting increasingly fed up with greed, deception and pure fraud.

Until clear evidence of change is apparent, I'll stick to older games for the time being.

I hear you Greenteal, I've been burned with game purchases in the past as well.

Fallout 76 was the only Fallout game (post Fallout 3) that I didn't buy, there were so many red flags and warning signs before it was even released, so I waited

It's been one epic fail after another.

I've bought a couple of games in the past (Stardrive 1 and 2) which were "ok", but could've been so much more, but despite promises by the developer, both were abandoned in a rough state, it's truly a shame when they do that.

I've bought a couple of pre/early access releases too, those were never even released, so money wasted there (never again)

One series of games I can recommend is the Yakuza series, though I cannot say I've played 3 to 6 in the series as I'm a PC exclusive gamer and those games haven't been ported yet. However, I've played the four available on Steam (Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 and the newest one Yakuza: Like a Dragon) and these are some of the best-written, most compelling games I've ever played.

Though admittedly some of the side missions get incredibly silly, like the one in Like a Dragon where you have to try helping a masochist who's developed a tolerance to pain and can't find satisfaction at any of the BDSM clubs in Yokohama 😄

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 8:06 AM, slacker said:

One series of games I can recommend is the Yakuza series, though I cannot say I've played 3 to 6 in the series as I'm a PC exclusive gamer and those games haven't been ported yet. However, I've played the four available on Steam (Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 and the newest one Yakuza: Like a Dragon) and these are some of the best-written, most compelling games I've ever played.

Though admittedly some of the side missions get incredibly silly, like the one in Like a Dragon where you have to try helping a masochist who's developed a tolerance to pain and can't find satisfaction at any of the BDSM clubs in Yokohama 😄

The Yakuza series has been mostly playstation exclusive but they've been going multiplatform recently. I liked the substories with Mr. Libido in Yakuzo 0 😁

10 hours ago, vegeta85 said:

The Yakuza series has been mostly playstation exclusive but they've been going multiplatform recently. I liked the substories with Mr. Libido in Yakuzo 0 😁

Yes, I read Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 are being remastered and will be released to Steam in January. As a PC-only gamer I'm quite pleased 🙂

If you own a PS3/PSP or Vita, you probably learned the news of the PlayStation store closing for those consoles on July 2nd.

Before downloading and hoarding available online games, I recommend reading about the CMOS (internal clock) battery issue that may render all purchased digital games unusable once the PS network is closed

There numerous articles and YouTube videos on the matter:

PlayStation 3: CMOS Drain Will Eventually Render All Games Unplayable and You Cannot Avoid It (cbr.com)

Your PlayStation Software Has An Expiration Date | The CBOMB Explained - HM - YouTube

Long story short, digital games need the internal battery or communication with the PlayStation store for authentication before starting a session. This doesn't apply to physical/disc copies of games. But on more modern consoles like the PS4 and PS5, physical games may not work once those lose online support in the future.

For the moment, Sony hasn't announced any final firmware update to correct the problem. If you own a PS3, PSP or Vita, I recommend keeping an eye open for updates and wait before downloading new games.

As an update about my last post, Sony announced a reversal on their decision to close the PlayStation store for the PS3 and Vita consoles. For the PSP, it remains unchanged and support will end in July.

Sony also announced they would work on the CMOS battery problem but no timelines were given on when a firmware update will be available.

It's unclear how long online stores for the PS3 and Vita will remain open, but this should slow down the recent price hike on physical games and give more time to Sony to fix the CMOS battery and DRM problems.

Hopefully, lessons will be learned from this.

PlayStation Store for PS3 and PS Vita isn’t shutting down - Polygon

Sony listened... but NEEDS to do MORE! - YouTube