Barefax boarded up with plywood

Barefax is boarded up with plywood as is the 27 Club next door, read into it what you may but the boarding up is never an encouraging sign

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The Aulde Dubliner has been boarded up since at least April. As have several other businesses in the market.

14 hours ago, hopeful said:

Barefax is boarded up with plywood as is the 27 Club next door, read into it what you may but the boarding up is never an encouraging sign

I am trying to say this as politely as possible but have you been living under a rock this past few months? Stores and restaurants are boarded up all over the place during the pandemic to keep people out and resist the temptation for looting. Add to it the civil unrest/protest going on and that is why it has been done.

• Like 2

and I'll be polite also, The 27 Club downstairs is reopening, Barefax is not, a few days ago I spoke with someone installing additional plywood panels over the windows, yes indeed there are other businesses boarded up in the Market and they're not coming back either, once you default on your Lease payments, it's game over, I would expect a Bailiff to post a Notice of Seizure on the door

I don't think the Barefax has defaulted on their lease. The owners of the building own the Barefax. That doesn't mean they will re-open, I just want to make this point for clarification. They also own the 27 club downstairs or at least they did a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hopeful said:

and I'll be polite also, The 27 Club downstairs is reopening, Barefax is not, a few days ago I spoke with someone installing additional plywood panels over the windows, yes indeed there are other businesses boarded up in the Market and they're not coming back either, once you default on your Lease payments, it's game over, I would expect a Bailiff to post a Notice of Seizure on the door

Hopeful doesn't sound very hopeful here c'mon man

the building likely now has new owners who don't like strip clubs, also remember the lawsuit being threatened by the patron who was assaulted by the bouncer, so the new owners don't want to have to deal with that lawsuit, anyways the plywood has nothing to do with protests and looting, since when do you see protests going on in the Byward Market ?

They are opening the 27 club today was told couple lore weeks probably for the Fax

On 6/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, Hondius said:

It is only a 2 minute walk from the US embassy.

that is correct and do you see protests going on in the Byward Market ?

The 27 Club has an outdoor patio now in front of Barefax and the plywood sheets now serve as signage, interesting approach, actually looks nice and well thought out, as long as the weather holds up it should work, I like the fact they are making an effort to reconnect with their customers.

Strip clubs in Quebec may open today if they wish, Bar 77 in Gatineau already open under conditions, Bar Champion in Laval opens tonight at 50 % capacity

Edited by hopeful

1 hour ago, hopeful said:

that is correct and do you see protests going on in the Byward Market ?

The 27 Club has an outdoor patio now in front of Barefax and the plywood sheets now serve as signage, interesting approach, actually looks nice and well thought out, as long as the weather holds up it should work, I like the fact they are making an effort to reconnect with their customers.

Strip clubs in Quebec may open today if they wish, Bar 77 in Gatineau already open under conditions, Bar Champion in Laval opens tonight at 50 % capacity

Their Facebook page says they are planning on re-opening. Do you have any evidence whatsoever to substantiate your claim? All I've seen so far are suppositions being passed off as if they were facts.

• Like 1

They will reopen that's for sure they own nearly the whole block their father was a smart cookie before he died the kids boarded it up the day before the protest for black life matters as soon as they can doors will open 

• Like 2

just came back from Bar 77 in Gatineau, there's no plexiglass separating dancers from customers, dancers dance in open air unlike in Vancouver where they dance inside glass bubbles, the back area is closed off and the seats at the stage are removed, but the girls sit with the customers and do table dances, other than that it was kinda like normal, one would hope Barefax can be like this soon

• Thanks 1

As a senior with multiple underlying health conditions, I won't be at a club anytime soon. Sadly, my perception is that the healthy (and much admired) strong young dancers are part of the population that has a good chance of being asymptomatic yet effective spreaders of the virus. 

The results of 'early' opening without effective control protocols in place (nail spa in Kingston, for example) to say nothing of Texas and Florida as well as other states gives us information. 

My last club visit was a farewell tour to Barb's on the Wed. before it closed..... so clearly I'm not one whe frequents clubs!

Remaining cautious and quarantined, 

waterat

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 12:56 PM, Hondius said:

The Aulde Dubliner has been boarded up since at least April. As have several other businesses in the market.

Sadly they as well as highlander are closing their doors and focusing on deacons on elgin. 

The original protest was originally to start at the embassy (dumb!) and why business started boarding up. It got changed to start on the hill just a few days before. 

Also car windows get smashed out of vehicles in that lit up car park, or area for musical equipment so any owner in that area who boarded up was smart!

It sadens me to see so many middle class folks losing what they have worked hard to create. Lapoints will be closing as well. Tough times and curious to see where things go.

Edited by Kitten
  • Like 4

I work in an office building on the Market. As the pandemic wore on, homeless people were breaking glass windows in the market area.  I cannot confirm if there was looting going on, but that is not unreasonable. 

Is Frank B passed away? That would be a huge surprise.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:24 AM, waterat said:

As a senior with multiple underlying health conditions, I won't be at a club anytime soon. Sadly, my perception is that the healthy (and much admired) strong young dancers are part of the population that has a good chance of being asymptomatic yet effective spreaders of the virus. 

The results of 'early' opening without effective control protocols in place (nail spa in Kingston, for example) to say nothing of Texas and Florida as well as other states gives us information. 

My last club visit was a farewell tour to Barb's on the Wed. before it closed..... so clearly I'm not one whe frequents clubs!

Remaining cautious and quarantined, 

waterat

I can confirm that I have encountered many dancers that were, in fact, "effective spreaders".

Bahahaha

2 hours ago, 500 Pound Gorilla said:

I can confirm that I have encountered many dancers that were, in fact, "effective spreaders".

Bahahaha

LOL, my bad - It\s always wise to identify what is being spread! :)

8 hours ago, rexscott said:

"Barefax is open now on limited hours"

Nice! Do you know the hours, I can't find them listed anywhere.

That's because they are dipshits and the only place they have bothered mentioning hours is hidden in Instagram. 7pm to 2am, Tues. to Sat.