Nuden doing extensive renovations, adding two new stages

Nuden is undergoing extensive renovations according to their Instagram, two new stages, new VIP, new washrooms, obviously they anticipate reopening

• Like 2

just speculating but with Obsession swingers lounge closed down next door could Nuden be expanding into there too ?  That would make it huge

I have never really found that the Den was so crowded that it would need more seating space or more stages.  Perhaps, they anticipate that one or more of the other clubs will not re-open and that will allow the Den to expand its market share?  In any case, it is good news that it will re-open because a great many bars/clubs/restaurants will end up shutting down forever.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 8:16 AM, hopeful said:

So what are your impressions of Nuden ?   Has it changed much ?

I was there today. It looks cleaner, but not really much different.

Girls wore masks, and still charged $20/3minute song, despite standing 2 feet away. Absolutely zero contact. 

All in all  a disappointing day.

14 hours ago, 500 Pound Gorilla said:

I was there today. It looks cleaner, but not really much different.

Girls wore masks, and still charged $20/3minute song, despite standing 2 feet away. Absolutely zero contact. 

All in all  a disappointing day.

God damn, was afraid so.  It's like the 80s again.

10 minutes ago, safety11 said:

God damn, was afraid so.  It's like the 80s again.

When and where was it ever that bad? My memories of the 80's couldn't be more different.

25 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

When and where was it ever that bad? My memories of the 80's couldn't be more different.

Before anyone had CRs.  Yes I'm that old LOL.

4 minutes ago, safety11 said:

Before anyone had CRs.  Yes I'm that old LOL.

What do you mean by CR?

19 minutes ago, 500 Pound Gorilla said:

CR=champagne room

Ok, Thank you. But many places in that time period still had backrooms for unofficial business.

20 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Ok, Thank you. But many places in that time period still had backrooms for unofficial business.

Ah well, probably better I didn't know about that at the time.

• Haha 1

Was in there Saturday. 

Mandatory to wear mask, they do temperature test, must use sanitizer.  Otherwise would not be able to stay. 

Right away, server comes to say that we have to buy drinks, or leave.

By 8 pm, still only just a few customers.  Only a couple of girls, a couple of other girls left around 7 pm.  But looked as if there weren't any customers and girls, if looking from entrance doors.

They removed a lot of chairs, tables, pool tables, so it looks more emptier.  Now i think there is only one pool table now.  Too dark to see the added stages, i didn't feel like walking around.  That server may push to buy more drinks.

Next to the entrance, they added two small 2' x 2' box platforms in front of the regular tables for the girl to dance on. 

Kitchen maybe open because saw plates of food, but didn't confirm if it was only for the staff or customers or both.  No menus on tables like before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hopeful said:

no wonder all the clubs in Montreal are closed.

Looks like Nuden will be next

It's not just a Montreal, Ottawa thing. The fall of those establishments started many years ago and way before Covid:

https://www.narcity.com/news/strip-clubs-are-shutting-down-all-across-canada-and-heres-why

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/hamilton-strip-1.5082947

https://www.vicnews.com/news/victoria-loses-its-only-strip-club/

Remember when the city told the strip clubs they had to open the champagne rooms. That they had to be visible from anywhere in the club and the walls could be no more than 120cm in height. At that time the city turned over the monitoring of strip clubs to the city health department. I don't have any inside knowledge of this but I would wager that the health department has given the club owners an extensive list of requirements for them to be open. Again, the city trying to regulate the clubs out of business.

As time goes on both customers and dancers will move to where they can do or get the most for there efforts. And if that is another province, then the city will be happy.

Was in today Wednesday. Everyone wearing a mask, otherwise didn't notice many changes. About 5 girls working and stage dances were pretty regular.  Normal number of people going to CR but I didn't go. Did tip 1 of the girls when she came off stage. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Kilt Boy said:

... and adding a $12 cover charge because they've "got some catching up to do."

#WTF

You staggered me with that announcement.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:50 AM, Kilt Boy said:

#WTF

Ridiculous.

I won't go back.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:50 AM, Kilt Boy said:

#WTF

This is not good at all. They increased the cover charge, kept the dances in the champagne room at $20 even though they are no contact. It does not sound that great to me. 

So IMO the real question is, are the girls making money under these circumstances?

If the boys adjust and the business goes back to the way it was 30 years ago, the business stays alive.

If the girls don't make money, all you have is one expensive bar.

Edited by safety11
  • Thanks 2

Is NuDen still charging $12 cover? If so, I need to make a point to drop by, get asked for the $12 cover, then laugh in their face and leave just so they get the message.

-W10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, woot10 said:

Is NuDen still charging $12 cover? If so, I need to make a point to drop by, get asked for the $12 cover, then laugh in their face and leave just so they get the message.

-W10

I've been thinking the exact same thing.