Nuden doing extensive renovations, adding two new stages

On 8/5/2020 at 11:20 PM, Philmore said:

As time goes on both customers and dancers will move to where they can do or get the most for there efforts. And if that is another province, then the city will be happy.

Dancers maybe, but clients moving? That would be quite the following. Super die hard fan maybe. Dancers will go to where they will be happy and clients would likely see MAs/SPs more often if things get insanely strict at SCs due to outside factors. 

15 hours ago, Hukupp said:

Dancers maybe, but clients moving? That would be quite the following. Super die hard fan maybe. Dancers will go to where they will be happy and clients would likely see MAs/SPs more often if things get insanely strict at SCs due to outside factors. 

I do agree with you. A customer moving would be extraordinary. I was thinking about a customer that typically would spend the lunch hour at a club in Ottawa would now make the clubs in Gatineau (Pigale, 77) their regular haunt.

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, woot10 said:

Is NuDen still charging $12 cover? If so, I need to make a point to drop by, get asked for the $12 cover, then laugh in their face and leave just so they get the message.

-W10

I seriously fail to see what good this could accomplish.

The only messages that matter are the revenues(or lack of) in relation to operating costs. Venting your frustration won't change a thing. Staff members are only trying to make a living and don't need to be reminded of the current situation. If management decided to raise the cover charge, it's likely because they had no other options in order to stay afloat.

If you want to "laugh in their face and leave", go ahead. But don't be surprised if months later they remember you as  the douchebag who made a scene. 

Go or don't go, just don't harass the staff.

Edited by Guest

IDK man, I'm looking at a thread right below this one hoping against logic that a club stays open, and in this one fellas are complaining about an extra four bucks cover.  ~\😀/~

Not that I went to SC.s regularly, especially since Barb's closed, but I never recall paying a 'cover' fee. If I new the cover also supported the dancers I would pay it  and continue to anticipate paying too much for drinks :)

Clear and concise messaging to the door staff collecting the fee will get the message up the line to management. I expect they know not to take it personally and just pass on the message. These are challenging times for many businesses and I have difficulty seeing that a $12 cover fee will fly.

3 hours ago, waterat said:

Clear and concise messaging to the door staff collecting the fee will get the message up the line to management. I expect they know not to take it personally and just pass on the message. These are challenging times for many businesses and I have difficulty seeing that a $12 cover fee will fly.

If some want to complain about it, there so many ways to do it without involving the staff:

Email, phone, Facebook and Google Reviews to name a few.

Employees are already working hard to respect municipal, provincial and federal health safety guidelines and know full well they could possibly shut down again if second wave strikes in the next months. You may think "they know not to take it personally". But like everyone else, they got more than just work to worry about. 

SC's are currently a luxury. Those who can't afford $12, should maybe consider cheaper alternatives.

On 9/17/2020 at 4:51 AM, Philmore said:

I do agree with you. A customer moving would be extraordinary. I was thinking about a customer that typically would spend the lunch hour at a club in Ottawa would now make the clubs in Gatineau (Pigale, 77) their regular haunt.

Oh okay. Thx for clarifying. I agree ... 

I was being more than a bit glib when I was saying I would laugh in their faces at a $12 cover - I just think that the answer for a club that may be having problems getting customers through the door to sell them overpriced beer is to charge them extra for the privilege of buying said beer. People are being more frugal and cautious in this uncertain economic climate. I realize that establishments need to make money, but there is a limit, and this is mine.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, woot10 said:

I was being more than a bit glib when I was saying I would laugh in their faces at a $12 cover - I just think that the answer for a club that may be having problems getting customers through the door to sell them overpriced beer is to charge them extra for the privilege of buying said beer. People are being more frugal and cautious in this uncertain economic climate. I realize that establishments need to make money, but there is a limit, and this is mine.

Oops, I mis-typed in the above. I meant to say that "the answer for a club that may be having problems getting customers through the door to sell them overpriced beer" is to *not* charge them extra for the privilege of buying said beer. Sorry for any confusion.

On 9/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, 2bigalow2 said:

Maybe its time for dancers to advertise in their section that they have so they can make some money.

8 hours ago, M.O.F.W. said:

Lotta good 2 stages will do them with the Province taking charge. Oh well, Pigale here I come.

NuDen Instagram:  Bare with us as we continue to adapt to the times. All adult entertainment clubs are forced to close across Ontario. We are remaining open, welcome to Ottawa’s only Sport Grill & Adult Arcade! We will have professional Aerial shows Thursday through to Saturday. Stay tuned!

So it looks like they're getting creative / rebranding / pulling an end run.  See how it works out.

• Haha 2

On 9/24/2020 at 5:09 PM, woot10 said:

I think this was a miscalculation by the owner. He should have raised the cover price a few dollars and then add an extra dollar to the price of beer. People don't notice small increases so the trick is to get people in the door. 

Anyways, the owner may not realize that the $12 cover charge is dissuading people from attending his bar until things return to normal after a vaccine for covid-19 is found, manufactured and distributed. The owner has no analytics to look at and compare the number of customers during covid-19. 

3 hours ago, safety11 said:

NuDen Instagram:  Bare with us as we continue to adapt to the times. All adult entertainment clubs are forced to close across Ontario. We are remaining open, welcome to Ottawa’s only Sport Grill & Adult Arcade! We will have professional Aerial shows Thursday through to Saturday. Stay tuned!

So it looks like they're getting creative / rebranding / pulling an end run.  See how it works out.

Good move by them because, i am sure their rent still needs to be paid. They may have to lower their prices per beer as they will have no entertainment other than sports on TV. They will also have to remove their cover charge too. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tim1 said:

Good move by them because, i am sure their rent still needs to be paid. They may have to lower their prices per beer as they will have no entertainment other than sports on TV. They will also have to remove their cover charge too. 

I'm almost certain the owner(s) of NuDen owns the entire building.  Not a question of rent, just keeping the property working.

14 minutes ago, 2bigalow2 said:

Has the NUDEN re-opened?

If their Facebook page is accurate, they re-opened January 31 and are still operating.

Went to the NUDen today had some fun around 3pm  .  About 5 girls . Sable was quite interesting and 8 dances. She Said she was 42 looked mid 30's. But was the best looking women their at the time. Would see her again.  As I was leaving this stunning black girl came to talk to me. that was around 6pm.

• Thanks 1