Sign in to follow this  

Play it again Sam...

I will keep repeating myself until it's really heard by the gents. The purpose of screening is not to invade your privacy... it is for our safety. Most reputable ladies will never call or text you without consent at an agreed upon time. You can also ask if it is okay to use an app for future bookings after initially providing legit info.

Every day I still get tons of texts from apps by potential clients who can't understand why I need a legitimate and verifiable phone number for booking.

This is why https://www.lyla.ch/topic/185242-my-friend-was-beaten-and-robbed-and-almost-killed-what-should-i-do/

Things like this really do happen even despite our best efforts to screen.

Just a couple of days ago I had a gent try and convince me to book him with an anonymous texting app and his Lyla handle.

And the reasoning he used was that using an app was for "both our privacy". I work alone and  I fail to see how inviting an anonymous stranger into my home "benefits" me in any way... but points for creativity.

What needs to be understood is that having a Lyla account means nothing should a date go bad and a police report need to be filed. For all intents and purposes your Lyla handle is still anonymous.

The other benefit to requiring a valid phone number is that it acts as a deterrent to any potential clients who may have "bad intentions" towards a lady.

The other excuse I get a lot is my GF/wife sees the phone bill. Then perhaps it's time to get your own discreet cell phone. Or take your chances with a lady who doesn't bother with safety screening.

I've said it before and I will say it again ... a lady who values her safety and business enough to properly screen (even if it means a lower volume of clients) is an indication of a lady who is more professional and inclined to respect your privacy.

Once more.....all together now guys.... "my fears about privacy are not more important than a ladies right to protect herself from being robbed, raped, beaten or killed".

Edited by Guest

What Bonnie says is right on point. I've visited her a couple of times and wish it were more. My totally open provision of information made both of our visits comfortable and spectacular. "That's the way that the world goes round", to quote John Prine, whom I'm still mourning the loss of to covid; yet even more invested in his songs, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAl1R-gcq4Q

"It's a half an inch of water and you think you're gonna drown"

Screen alrady. It's so straight forward and simple.

Aside: there are great version of the song I linked that involved a 'Happy Enchilada", lol. Enunciation was not Prine's strong suit. Though neither was listening for the fan, lol. When I was a very little boy my grandmother would always remind me,; whenever i felt ill treated my my much older siblings, that the pancake may be thin but it always has two sides.

Simple choice: meet a lady's screening protocol and have a great visit or don't and expet disappointment.

I recognize there are many factors that come to bear in these interactions and acknowledge that each one is unique. It's not difficult  to put on your thinking cap and figure out what works for you.

SCREEN.

Lyla members should contact you by private message here so you know it’s them. If you’re okay with that. Unfortunately it’s becoming increasing harder to tell a “real” cell number from a texting app number. 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 12:27 AM, Andee said:

Lyla members should contact you by private message here so you know it’s them. If you’re okay with that. Unfortunately it’s becoming increasing harder to tell a “real” cell number from a texting app number. 

There are ways to check the phone number. pm me for info.

I do not book by pm on Lyla. I book through my site with legit phone # only.

Being a Lyla member still does not provide any identifying info if a date gets violent and a police report needs to be filed.

I know in terms of phone numbers I give my cell number.  I also add to it who my Cell Phone Provider is and since I no longer use a land line (what are those LOL) the lady is in fact getting my "home" phone number.  

I also can confirm through PM or DM (depending on site, Lyla or Twitter) who I am

But at the end of the day I provide the companion what info she requires. It's not for me to decide what she needs, it's up to me to give her what she requires for screening since I'm the one who initiated contact with her in the hopes of having a date with her. If I'm not comfortable with her screening requirements then I won't contact her.

And for those who don't trust a companion with their information or money for a deposit just a question, why do you want to see someone you don't trust?

A rambling

RG

• Like 4

On 7/5/2020 at 10:01 PM, BonnieScot said:

There are ways to check the phone number. pm me for info.

I do not book by pm on Lyla. I book through my site with legit phone # only.

Being a Lyla member still does not provide any identifying info if a date gets violent and a police report needs to be filed.

I meant in no way to disregard your booking protocol. I was merely suggesting that if someone claims to be a Lyla member, the best way to ascertain that they are indeed that member is through private message here.

• Thanks 1