Since we have a whole lot of new folks joining recently, and the goal is to increase membership, maybe we need to have a banner or auto message sent to new accounts that promotes the search features and general "best practices" ?

I'm finding a lot of "hey anyone seen this girl in -insert random town-" posts in the "General - All of Canada" forum lately that would be better served in the regional forums, as well as a lot of "does anyone know if -insert well known provider- is legit" type posts where the poster probably doesn't know how to search for posts and narrow down the selections to a specific forum or region.

I'm thinking this kind of functionality would help with the new folks being able to navigate the site a bit better, and cut down on the "Sorry I'm new here" type things.

I'm guessing there's a lot of "I'm pretty horny right now, so let's get to the ladies" situations where people aren't taking the time to figure things out on their own, so this being right in their face when they login might help everyone.

• Like 2

I get where you're coming from, but to some extent this is inevitable. People just don't read stuff or spend the time to figure things out, especially when they need to get their rocks off Right Now.

• Like 1

While I agree with the concept, the reality is most new members will simply accept the terms of the user agreement and move on like they do with any other website or software. They can make it short enough for an easy quick read, but most will again ignore it and learn on the fly.

We all done it to a certain extent and would be unrealistic to expect different from new members.