Bella from Yfl was supposed to visit this week but apparently cancelled due to a new covid outbreak in Halifax and changes in rules and not being able to check into a hotel. Anyone know anything more about this?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barney said:

This Province sucks can't wait to move back to Quebec

That’s what I used to think! Move back to Ontario but you get used to the nonsense after a couple decades! There’s always renting a place for a week like an Airbnb or renting an apartment or condo full time!😀

I don't think there is a new outbreak in Halifax,  other than the 3-4 new cases we've had over the past couple of weeks since re-opening and enlarging the bubble situation.   I wouldn't be calling the 3-4 cases a new outbreak,  but they are all related back to "travel" and it's too bad we came off the zero case number we achieved with some fairly draconian lockdowns.  I don't want to go back there;  do you??  I'm sure provincial officials are being inundated with social media stories about who's quarantining and who isn't.

I think Nova Scotia has just ramped up their checking of inbound visitors and this made it more difficult for YFL to come and go as they please.   YFL is terrific, but I'm kind-of happy to hear Nova Scotia is upping their game when it comes to visitors.  I think since "re-opening" we've been pretty slack on the whole quarantine thing for non-bubble provinces (Quebec and Ontario included in non-bubble) and for US,  some of these places still have some serious levels of outbreaks,  so why have them come in without having to properly quarantine?  Let's be honest, as it relates to YFL,  IT'S A WANT, NOT A NEED !!  I know first hand of someone coming from Toronto who passed through the Halifax airport and wasn't asked a single question by anyone.  Literally just walked off the plane, picked up luggage, and got in a waiting vehicle.  If they want to make the trip and do a for-real self-quarantine, then my hat is off to them. I'm all for YFL coming to Halifax, safely.  But in the meantime there is plenty of local and bubble options available.

Edited by NSGuy14
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

These ladies are all pre screened for covid the risk is very low probably more risky to go grocery shopping . This is a professional operation its Montreal Based that should tell you its first class all the way . 

22 hours ago, Barney said:

These ladies are all pre screened for covid the risk is very low probably more risky to go grocery shopping . This is a professional operation its Montreal Based that should tell you its first class all the way . 

How are the "pre screened"? What about contact on the way here. YFL are a great operation but I've been wondering how they are self-quarantining when they come here.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Barney said:

Haha,  I guess you can believe what you choose to.

Look,  I'm not here to bash YFL.  Again,  I think they are fantastic as an operation.  They are very much a decentralized collection of ladies, who have very rarely even met each other, btw.  They have a booking agent that makes the arrangements.  They are not showing up at "the office", taking a test, and then saying "ok, I'm off to  _____"   And as another poster pointed out, what about exposure during the course of travel?  Or perhaps the lag in infection and testing, if testing is really going on.

All that said,  the point of my original post was not to bring YFL into this specifically.  It was just to acknowledge that NS has seemed to up their game very recently when it comes to questioning, tracing and tracking visitors.  I think that's a good thing, considering what we went through to get to zero cases.  YFL having to cancel a recent trip is, sadly, just collateral damage.

Edited by NSGuy14
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2020 at 11:02 AM, Ltdmax said:

Bella from Yfl was supposed to visit this week but apparently cancelled due to a new covid outbreak in Halifax and changes in rules and not being able to check into a hotel. Anyone know anything more about this?

I would be interested to know where you got that information. From what I found , the only thing posted was :

" Trip will be reschedule soon , we will keep you posted ❤️"

No matter the reasons, it's their decision to make and not much can be said or done about it. 

I got the info from the secretary that books. And yes obviously their decision and probably for the best but disappointing none the less.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 2:19 PM, DyatlovPass said:

When you adjust for population, Quebec has 6 times NS's number of covid cases and 10 times the number of deaths...

On 7/13/2020 at 6:51 PM, Barney said:

Screened for Covid....

If you mean having a temperature taken boarding the plan then body temp Is one of

several indicators of covid. It is not always present. Besides the possibility of being asymptotic...

a negative Covid test doesn't mean a person is not a CarrieR. There is an incubation peroid one carries and still spreads.

No professions that are not needed should be entering the maritime bubble. It puts us all at a much higher risk.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OTRE said:

How are the "pre screened"? What about contact on the way here. YFL are a great operation but I've been wondering how they are self-quarantining when they come here.

Well track the traveling ads or ask the company directly about each girl. 

20 minutes ago, Ltdmax said:

I got the info from the secretary that books. And yes obviously their decision and probably for the best but disappointing none the less.

Ok. But if you know from the source, why are you implying there's more to it?

Covid19 or not, anyone working on the road may face some logistical, health or personal problems and may need to postpone or cancel.

I agree it's not fun. But other than informing us of the changes (something they already did), they don't need to say more.

1 hour ago, NSGuy14 said:

Haha,  I guess you can believe what you choose to.

Look,  I'm not here to bash YFL.  Again,  I think they are fantastic as an operation.  They are very much a decentralized collection of ladies, who have very rarely even met each other, btw.  They have a booking agent that makes the arrangements.  They are not showing up at "the office", taking a test, and then saying "ok, I'm off to  _____"   And as another poster pointed out, what about exposure during the course of travel?  Or perhaps the lag in infection and testing, if testing is really going on.

All that said,  the point of my original post was not to bring YFL into this specifically.  It was just to acknowledge that NS has seemed to up their game very recently when it comes to questioning, tracing and tracking visitors.  I think that's a good thing, considering what we went through to get to zero cases.  YFL having to cancel a recent trip is, sadly, just collateral damage.

Thank you for everything you have said.

I mean all of the things in both posts.

I have no issue with traveling providers within the maritimes. I will be be traveling myself at some point , but within the maritime bubble. These Provinces can not afford another lock down.

Just look at the outbreak that one Doctor caused in NB from driving through Montreal and not isolating. 

Every profession should be respecting the  bubble rules. Very least of all providers. Hobbying men do not need the kind of attention an provider outbreak would bring, nor does the Occupation itself.

💕 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

What the hell are you saying I’m implying??? I asked if anyone knew anymore about a local outbreak that the secretary had referred to here and about any new rules and the inability to check into a hotel. I certainly never held anything against them for canceling. 

4 minutes ago, Ltdmax said:

What the hell are you saying I’m implying??? I asked if anyone knew anymore about a local outbreak that the secretary had referred to here and about any new rules and the inability to check into a hotel. I certainly never held anything against them for canceling. 

From what I understand, they couldn't get a room and they felt it was better to reschedule. The hotel blamed covid because pretty much everything is related to it. If completely or partially true doesn't really matter. You created a thread to dig deeper into this. If you want to know more you can contact an hotel or just google it.

16 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Covid19 or not, anyone working on the road may face some logistical, health or personal problems and may need to postpone or cancel.

I agree it's not fun. But other than informing us of the changes (something they already did), they don't need to say more.

Yes, and what more were you hoping to know?  Tehe maybe the op just wanted to chat about their disappointment 🤷🏼‍♀️ thats okay, too. It is disappointing, but necessary. GD i cant wait for covid to be over!!