Sign in to follow this  

Any anglers in the house?

As mention on another board, I like to go fishing. I find it relaxing and there is nothing really like fighting a fish at the end of your line. There is an excited about having a fish on.

I mainly fish for bass as that is the easiest on my kayak. I plan on getting a new muskie rod. My neighbour at my trailer as a boat so we go out often and I use his but I need to grab my own. Anyone got suggestions, I am open to feedback.

I fish the Kawartha's, I know that is vague, but I don't need you horny bastards coming up to my lake looking for the chick fishing in a kayak and a bikini since I am the only one you will find. LOL

So any other anglers out there? Wear do you fish, what do you like to fish for?

I wouldn't mind getting into some river fishing. Not with my yak, but of the shoreline. That is a whole different ball game though. LOL

• Like 1

Hey there,

I like to fish bass, pike, perch and pickerel. I gave a small boat and live to go up to Wakefield, Shawville (Portage du fort), Rockland, plantegenet, etc. All of those spots would be fine in a kayak too.

I like fishing and once they do surgery on my knee (still waiting for a MRI long wait due to covid) and I'm patched up I'll be out on the water again.  I've fished bass, pike, muskie, walleye, and panfish I'm familiar with the Kawartha Lakes, fished alot of them years ago for bass tournaments (came in the money a few times)

If you've never fished for muskie before but want a good chance at catching one fish Lower Buckhorn Lake.  You can launch out of Sunrise Resort.  The odds of trophy (50 inch +) muskie are low but a smaller (but legal length) you can catch are high.  I found on Lower Buckhorn just cast/retrieve a spinnerbait or chatterbait

One thing, same applies too for Stoney Lake beware of rocks once off the channel...both lakes have claimed many skegs and lower units over the years LOL (no not mine)

Good Luck

RG

• Like 1

lol, RG! I will always recognize you as the 'boatless fisherman' - perhaps just a temporary trial. Keep your skeg in the water, my friend!

• Like 1